Battery Test Design Engineer — ID# 012422-03
Employment Type: Salary (Exempt)
Aptera Motors is tasked with creating the future of green transportation by producing lightweight, aerodynamic vehicles. The Battery team at Aptera Motors is a highly collaborative and integrated team tasked with innovating current battery technology to produce the best possible electric vehicle. The battery team works with other teams of the vehicle, such as body in white, suspension, thermal management, or electrical where you will be helping to create and introduce new battery designs into high-volume manufacturing for Aptera’s vehicles. The Battery Test Design Engineer is responsible for testing products from concept to production. They will develop electronics or manufacturing test equipment for mass production products.
- Develops high voltage(400 VDC), high power capable battery life testing setups.
- Verifies firmware-based devices meet functional requirements.
- Implements automated regression tests in python.
- Development of manufacturing test fixtures for use at CM’s and Aptera’s San Diego production facility.
- Test process development including qualification and failure analysis.
- Creates testing specifications for complete test coverage of design using statistical analysis techniques.
- Establishes failure analysis processes at vendor sites providing analysis and data from ORT (ongoing reliability), NPI and field returns.
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in testing products from concept through to production.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and visionary spirit who relies on data to support technical decisions.
- Developing electronics or manufacturing test equipment for mass production products with an understanding of testing techniques needed to test mixed signal (analog and digital) modules such as battery packs.
- 3+ years of python experience.
- Comfortable working with lithium battery packs and high voltages (400 VDC).
- Forward-thinking mindset.
- Travel to suppliers and San Diego manufacturing facilities
- Experience with battery core technologies or battery management systems is a plus (hardware, software and firmware).
- Candidate is authorized to work in the United States.
- Aptera is unable to provide work sponsorship at this time.
About Aptera Motors
Aptera Motors delivers the world’s most technologically advanced solar electric vehicles (sEVs), made possible by breakthroughs in battery efficiency, aerodynamics, material science, and manufacturing. A lightweight three-wheeler, Aptera is the first in a series of eco-friendly vehicles that will be offered for consumer and commercial use. It has the longest range of any production vehicle with 1,000 miles per charge and the ability to travel up to 40 miles a day on free power from its integrated solar panels. With only six key structural parts, Aptera’s unique body shape allows it to slip through the air using far less energy than other electric and hybrid vehicles on the road today. Learn more and join over 15,000 Aptera reservation holders at aptera.us.