Functional Safety Manager — ID# 012522-01
Apply below or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job position and ID # if emailing.
Employment Type: Salary (Exempt)
The Functional Safety Manager defines and manages the functional safety systems of the vehicle, interfaces with suppliers to set and communicate functional safety requirements, and plans, executes and documents functional safety testing.
- Architect functional safety system
- Perform Hazard and Risk Analysis (HARA)
- Define Automotive Safety Integration Levels (ASILs) requirements and assess ASIL capabilities.
- Define and own functional safety requirements at the vehicle level and subsystem levels
- Coordinate the requirements to be met by Functional Safety to ensure that the safety process is properly implemented
- Competence management (e.g. training, education, qualifications)
- Quality management during the safety lifecycle (A QM system is required e.g. ISO 9001)
- Tailoring of the safety lifecycle (adaptation of the safety lifecycle phases in accordance with responsibilities)
- Own the Safety Plan work product, to plan and track safety activities
- Ensure the necessary Confirmation measures are undertaken
- Compile the Safety Case documenting the functional safety of a product
- Be involved in creation of the DIA work product to define the interfaces and documents between customer/supplier
- Support Functional safety assessments/audits etc.
- Promote a safety culture
- Functional safety as a company objective
- Resource management
- Continuous Improvement Process
- Escalation process for functional safety
- Company-specific policies and processes
- Authority of safety managers, responsible parties
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in the functional safety field
- ISO26262 experience
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Ability to build, coordinate, and lead teams
- Experience with new product introduction
About Aptera Motors
Aptera Motors delivers the world’s most technologically advanced solar electric vehicles (sEVs), made possible by breakthroughs in battery efficiency, aerodynamics, material science, and manufacturing. A lightweight three-wheeler, Aptera is the first in a series of eco-friendly vehicles that will be offered for consumer and commercial use. It has the longest range of any production vehicle with 1,000 miles per charge and the ability to travel up to 40 miles a day on free power from its integrated solar panels. With only six key structural parts, Aptera’s unique body shape allows it to slip through the air using far less energy than other electric and hybrid vehicles on the road today. Learn more and join over 15,000 Aptera reservation holders at www.aptera.us.