San Diego (Carlsbad), CA | IT | Full-time
As an IT Operations Manager, you will own our IT service management implementation and be an integral part in helping us scale our company.
- Develop and implement IT policies and best practice guides for the organization
- Lead the planning, designing, procuring, provisioning, installing, configuring, and maintenance of all IT-related infrastructure including network, server, and storage systems
- Manage IT programs and projects end-to-end with minimal supervision
- Lead the IT team; provide coaching and feedback with an intent to develop and enhance the knowledge and skills of the team
- Regularly review, maintain, and operate corporate IT security policies
- Oversee administration of company hardware
- Manage administration of Slack, Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Endpoint management tools like NinjaRMM, Intune, Kandji, etc.
- Create efficiencies by gaining a deeper understanding of current processes, data flows and system capabilities to streamline and/or automate offline processes
- Document, manage, and maintain the company’s environment with a focus on security, as well as assist with design, upgrades, and new implementations of security requirements.
Your skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience with computer configuration including systems analysis, planning and design, database, network and server administration and other information technology systems and applications
- Ability to work under extreme uncertainty
- Experience working with cross-functional teams on projects
- Experience supporting end users on PCs and MacOS machines
- Strong proficiency in computer hardware, cabling installation, end-user support, computer networking and IT security
- Experience in evaluating vendors and running an RFP process
- Strong change management and project management skills
- Highly effective verbal and written communications skills to collaborate and develop partnerships with vendors, managers, and all team members
- Strong client-oriented focus
- Must be able to interpret, compile, and analyze data, make recommendations, and communicate trends to inform business and technical decisions across the company
You are expected to:
- Stay driven, exceptional, and efficient
- Achieve 30-60-90 day plan
- 30-day target: Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities as an IT Operations Manager independently; working knowledge and integration of Aptera’s purpose and culture
- 60-day target: Implementation of knowledge gained in first 30 days to contribute to Aptera’s mission
- 90-day target: Ability to utilize knowledge and experience gained in first 60 days to appropriately and effectively train others and/or lead a team
About Aptera Motors
Aptera Motors delivers the most technologically advanced solar electric vehicles (sEVs) with breakthroughs in battery efficiency, aerodynamics, material science and manufacturing. The first in a series of eco-friendly vehicles, Aptera has the longest range of any production vehicle with 1,000 miles per charge and the ability to travel up to 40 miles a day on free power from its integrated solar panels. Its unique body shape allows it to slip through the air using far less energy than other electric and hybrid vehicles on the road today.