Apply via LinkedIn or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job position in the subject line if emailing.
San Diego (Carlsbad), CA | Production | Full-time & Internship
As a Packaging Engineer, you will design, test, and implement packaging processes in order to ensure efficient and cost-effective functioning of material handling. We are looking for a proven performer who is deliberate and has strong attention to detail. You will report to the Vice President of Procurement and Production.
- Oversee the design of packaging materials at all stages of production and development, from prototyping to production and point-of-sale
- Confirm that all orders are completed and received
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing teams to ensure package designs are optimized for manufacturing efficiency
- Ensure product packaging integrity and safety
- Validate and improve current and future package designs; conduct feasibility testing and iterate on current designs
- Work with suppliers to ensure packaging materials fit with Aptera’s production processes; draft specifications for suppliers to adhere to while minimizing cost and lead times, and maximizing quality, standardization, etc.
- Conduct supplier reviews and testing, and select suppliers
- Develop documentation and SOPs for validation of packaging processes
- Analyze engineering drawings to determine packaging requirements based on characteristics of components
- Research and implement packaging improvements
- Ensure dunnage is adequately and efficiently handled and disposed of
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering, Materials Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or similar field, with demonstrated excellence in academics
- Exposure to the Plan for Every Part process (PFEP)
- Relevant experience in packaging engineering, process engineering, manufacturing engineering, or related field (Full-Time), relevant projects or publications in related fields (Internship), ideally Automotive or Technology industries
- Strong collaborative ability and ability to work on a cross-functional team
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work in a quickly changing start-up environment
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Innovative mindset and ability to find novel solutions to complicated problems
- Flexibility and adaptability, ability to pivot quickly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (or related)
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design
- Knowledge of cGMP or ISO 13485 requirements is a plus
- Must be a United States citizen or have applicable work authorization prior to employment at Aptera
About Aptera Motors
Aptera Motors is creating highly technologically advanced solar electric vehicles (sEVs) with breakthroughs in battery efficiency, aerodynamics, material science and manufacturing. The first in a series of eco-friendly vehicles, Aptera has the longest range of any production vehicle with 1,000 miles per charge and the ability to travel up to 40 miles a day on free power from its integrated solar panels. Its unique body shape designed from first principles allows it to slip through the air using far less energy than other electric vehicles on the road today.