100 vehicle delivered before IPO or SPAC

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 100 vehicle delivered before IPO or SPAC

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 100 vehicle delivered before IPO or SPAC

• 100 vehicle delivered before IPO or SPAC

• tony walker

June 4, 2022 at 1:39 pm

100 . Not a big number. Should be easy. Goal is to make 40 a day. I think before any IPO or SPAC. It will probably be a SPAC . So many EV companies go public without ever making 1 car. And then it’s 1 or 2 years before they start making cars. If they ever do. 100 is a small number. But it will help separate Aptera from the others.

• BRUCE MENGLER

June 4, 2022 at 2:29 pm

I REALLY, Really, really hope that you are correct. This would result in me taking delivery in 2022.

• Steven G. Bueche

June 5, 2022 at 5:11 am

Getting something out before the end of the year is critical. They failed to last year which was claimed as an intention on the previous years financial report. If they miss the mark again it might look unfavorably on the intention, productivity or intentions to be anything more than a money grab. Elio comes to mind.

Granted they are farther than Elio ever was and I believe they will succeed. I’m just putting good vibrations out there for them.

They really need to hit this goal and show they are in position to produce at least 40 a day with an easy ramp to 100 a day.

• Joshua Caldwell

June 5, 2022 at 5:52 am

Unrelated but FYI, a guy is working on developing a low production volume vehicle similar to Elio’s low price.

https://www.elioowners.com/threads/my-elio-alternate-project-is-underway.9481/

• Jonah Jorgenson

June 5, 2022 at 8:06 am

A better chance of success manufacturing in China, bu still a steep uphill climb. Not sure there is a market for a two seater in China especially against the growing EV market.

• Michael Kantor Kantor

June 5, 2022 at 6:01 pm

Manufacturing in China comes with a whole host of different issues that have to be worked through. A better way to look at it: you send stuff to China if you can’t scale up manufacturing or lack the manufacturing expertise. But your team needs to be onsight to work through all of the challenges, and Aptera is instead doing minifactories not a massive scaled factory that needs help from Chinese Labor and expertise.

• V Pilot

June 5, 2022 at 6:29 pm

I think Jonah’s response was to Joshua’s post about the Elio guy in China, not to producing aptera in China.

• Jonah Jorgenson

June 7, 2022 at 11:27 am

Yes, you are correct. NOT Aptera

• BRUCE MENGLER

June 6, 2022 at 6:55 pm

>They really need to hit this goal and show they are in position to produce at least 40 a day with an >easy ramp to 100 a day.

100/DAY is not realistic without multiple production lines in parallel. Aptera posted that the production line would advance at 12 minute intervals; which is 5 stations/hour. When multiplied by 8 hours, you get 40 cars per day coming off the end of the production line. In 2022 I would expect no more than half that rate or 20 cars per day or 100 cars per week.

• Dennis Swaney

June 6, 2022 at 7:31 pm

I hope Aptera IS building multiple production lines! At only 40 vehicles per day it will take 500 days to produce the vehicles for the first 20,000 in line! And that is if production was 7 days per week and 365 days per year.

• Efrain Goody

June 7, 2022 at 4:22 am

Also, why can’t they have two or more shifts and keep the line open 24 hrs?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Efrain Goody.
        • Peter Jorgensen

June 7, 2022 at 12:29 pm

Night shift is a great idea in theory but often times the build quality on night shift is MUCH worse than day shift, at least in some companies in composites. Not sure if it’s worth it. If they can keep it running at 100% quality like Tesla or others then it could output more.

• Llewellyn Evans

June 6, 2022 at 4:52 pm

Only make 100 if the production line is running and they are made with production parts.

There is no point in making 100 cars if they are not production vehicles as it does not demonstrate the ability to scale.

• Konijnerd the Great

June 7, 2022 at 12:39 am

I agree, but think they will do the ipo at gamma phase.

• Peter Jorgensen

June 7, 2022 at 12:29 pm

An IPO now would not generate much money with stocks down.

• Stephen Prophater

June 7, 2022 at 9:10 am

Please, no China!! Have, had, enough of that! $ is not everything!!

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now