2022 Plan of Operation?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 2022 Plan of Operation?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 2022 Plan of Operation?

• 2022 Plan of Operation?

John Malcom updated 4 months, 4 weeks ago 19 Members · 63 Posts
  • Pete M

January 7, 2022 at 1:54 pm

I have been following your progress for some time. I read your 2021 annual report, and I have a couple of questions:

In particular, I am interested in the following:

Plan of Operation

Our 12-month plan is to complete our design and validation for a production intent vehicle that we can scale production on in 2022. Our key planned activities and milestones to achieve our 12-month plan of operation includes the following:

• Release all part designs for Beta builds in Q2 of 2021
    • Build our Betas vehicles in Q2 of 2021
    • Begin Test and Validation in Q3 of 2021
    • Begin improved Gamma design from lessons learned in Q3 and Q4 of 2021
    • Sort out basic supply chain for Gamma vehicles in Q3 and Q4 of 2021
    • Release Gamma Body in Q3 of 2021
    • Start building first Gamma units in Q4 of 2021
    • Start building our production strategy and begin test builds with Gamma vehicles in station builds in Q4 of 2021
    • Continual validation through till we build the first Delta vehicles towards the end of 2021
    • Deliver a vehicle to a customer by the end of the year.
    • Then build out our facilities and ramp up production accordingly in 2022

Thank you, I hope to join your growing list of investors!

• Len Nowak

January 7, 2022 at 2:19 pm

info@aptera.us is a better place for your query

Seems like you nave a lot of catch up with..

https://www.aptera.us and Also go to the NEWS tab, which has many updates

Even this recent video

https://youtu.be/vlNTyI_Fq7U

I hope that helps?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  bbelcamino.

Aptera

• Greg Vickery

January 7, 2022 at 2:55 pm

I think you are referring to the 2020 annual report that came out in April 2021, because those goals were targeted for 2021. Their 2021 annual report for the year 2021 has not been released yet. The annual report is made after the year is completed stating their financial standing, what they have accomplished, and their vision for the coming year. It is posted at the end of Aptera’s homepage usually around the month of April.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

January 7, 2022 at 7:32 pm

we can use this for less important stuff b/c i hear aptera does check forums and we often talk too much lol https://discord.gg/zpBsjdQh

• Pete M

January 8, 2022 at 7:37 am

I did send this exact request to info@aptera.us toward the end of December but received no reply. I checked news, but I was obviously confused if you have met these goals. My apologies. I wanted to buy in prior to Dec 31, 2021, but I am being cautious after seeing many (unrelated) tech startups fail. Most notably, a heads-up helmet manufacturer who abused investments terribly and then disappeared.

Do you have a new plan of operation for 2022 that you can / will share, either here, or via email?

Many thanks!

• Peter Jorgensen

January 10, 2022 at 7:16 am

No. They are very busy and usually take about 2 weeks to get back to us. They are constantly flooded by emails from us.

Just throw in a $70 reservation. It’s refundable if they go belly up. In 2011 all reservations were refunded also. If you don’t like it cancel.

• Patrick Liebknecht

January 12, 2022 at 5:57 pm

You’ve touched on a very important part of this.

If you don’t like it cancel. How many already have because the wait is far too long ?

People are impatient these days, very very impatient.

How long will the average Joe wait as aptera ads more middle management and upper management without any real headway ?

I hate to be the negative Nancy of the forums. But I was a reservation holder the first time around and 3 years went by and nothing, here we go again

• John Malcom

January 12, 2022 at 7:29 pm

Patrick, I believe they are making a lot of headway especially considering the environment we all are experiencing now. Unless you have some special insight the rest of us don’t have I believe none of us are qualified to make a judgement on the efficacy of Aptera management.

Of course some will become to impatient to wait for their delivery. That is fine we all have freedom of choice supported by Aptera’s commitment to return our reservation money. The patient majority will be rewarded by being able to drive a truely remarkable vehicle that is worth waiting for.

• Lou Verner

January 13, 2022 at 5:55 am

Patrick, Yup…we are all impatient to get behind the wheel of an Aptera sooner than later. However, if you consider how long it takes multi-billion $ legacy car manufacturers to bring a new concept car to market (3-5 yrs), the idea that two guys could basically start from ground zero and possibly get their hand-built vehicles to customers in less than 3 years is simply mind-boggling! Team Aptera is already moving forward with Beta testing, the most critical stage that will insure our vehicles meet or exceed the highest industry standards of quality, safety, durability and performance. I for one want them to take all the time they need to get it right the first time. As John said, given the unprecedented delays all manufacturers are facing, it certainly behooves all of us to continue to exercise our patience muscles. If Aptera is able to get even one vehicle out of the barn in 2022, I’ll be amazed and very, very happy!

• Patrick Liebknecht

January 14, 2022 at 2:40 pm

It’s not just impatient to get behind the wheel. Today’s society is that of “immediate gratification”

The majority of new vehicle owners are not of the age when you had to wait for anything.

I call them the “press the green button” generation.

I had to wait for film to be developed , wait to get home to call a friend , wait for a letter in the mail.

This generation is that of ( I want it now, or I’ll get it elsewhere )

Sorry again to be a negative Nancy. But if you read the comments on IG when aptera posts anything. They make me look like a big old soft teddy bear.

I noticed at my work, when you get more than 2 engineers in the room to work on something , it becomes a “mines bigger than yours”. And the only things they can agree on are, When to go to lunch , when to go home and how much more they should get paid… before that , nothing gets done expediently.

It’s time to go for good enough and get some cash coming in through sales not hoping for an influx of cash from private investors.

Aptera missed the boat last time by hoping the government would float them money. Now they are hoping people will float them cash , at 7% and rising the current rate of inflation is only going to get worse through 2022. How much disposable income will people commit to a dream ? Vs. buying food and heat for their families.

• Lou Verner

January 15, 2022 at 8:02 am

Patrick, if average age of this forum’s most frequent contributors/reservation holders is any indication, I’m guessing we have more than average patience compared to 20 somethings. I’d still rather have Aptera take as long as needed to do careful Beta testing and deliver a quality, mostly bug free vehicle than rush it just to meet some arbitrary deadline. A rushed inferior product would foretell Aptera’s early demise than would a 6-12 month delay. BTW, back in the day, we’d likely refer to you as a “Debbie Downer”, rather than “Negative Nancy”! 🙂

• Pete M

January 15, 2022 at 11:29 am

FWIW, I am 60.

I don’t think that this is a matter of rushing “to meet some arbitrary deadline”, but rather, a matter of providing realistic deadlines that they can meet. Anyone can promise the moon to encourage investment, but it is even a rarer company that will provide more conservative timelines, which might suggest a much later release date. That later release date is more likely to scare off the casual investors and the people “buying in” at $100 per pop, but for those willing to wait years for a long-term investment to mature, it is the smarter choice (IMO.)

I do understand that this project is inherently risky for investors, but without risk, there is rarely return. It is the misinformation and non-communication that scared me. A potential investor should not be required to read through “news” that is fluffed and formatted for the public. My request for a new timeline still has not been addressed. I did not even receive a reply that a new timeline was in the works. Instead, I received a condescending suggestion to read the “news” and try to keep up.

I would love to see this come to fruition, or even to provide new technology that could be useful by more conservative companies with designs that would be more readily accepted by the American consumers. I would drive the heck out of what we see now, but I am in the minority. I fear that there will be burnout and eventual disinterest by many of the developers when it has taken several years with no immediate end in sight. Also, when the company walks away from investors by failing to simply reply to email, it triggers red flags for me. They will never know to what extent someone might be willing to invest if they do not communicate on a personal basis. Incidentally, I had already contacted them through the “invest” email address, but I was redirected to the unresponsive “info” email address.

• Bernard Dubuc

January 16, 2022 at 5:34 pm

Hello Patrick, well I believe you answer your statement in your statement, those people that can’t wait a minute, have in fact already left aptera because you have to wait to get one, the other factor about that group of people is they do not usually have any loyalty, so as soon as the Aptera will become available they will be back if they like the product. personally i prefer to wait for better quality instead of the good enough approach.

I hear you loud and clear about the time to market issue, if you are really rich, you don’t talk about your product until it is ready to sell (which feels fast to market), It is not the case here, Aptera needs us to finance its approach, which is great for some of us who have invested in the company. it also makes it feel long to delivery. Considering the aptera approach to efficiency, I still believe they are the only company doing it to this extent so I believe they will be first to market with this approach.

My 2 cents

• John Malcom

January 16, 2022 at 7:35 pm

I am a proponent of early to market with “Good enough” You can have excellent quality with good enough as long as you set your standards for good enough at the right level and in the right places and don’t try to make your product all things to all people.

Back in the day (A long time ago) I worked in an IBM product lab as an engineering product manager. Marketing had a principle they lived by which was “First to market got 75% of the market” This was a time when IBM was a very successful computer manufacturing company, some of which was attributed to that principle. In the market place the reputation of IBM was, “Not the greatest technology, but you could neve go wrong with IBM”

Aptera has high quality standards and will work to make sure their product meets those standards. I hope they are not trying to make the Aptera perfect before it enters the market. I am a consultant for a legacy car manufacturer who, like all others, is trying to make the transition to electric. The team recently completed a competitive analysis of this manufacturers current and planned EV products and others currently in the market and entering the market in the next 18 months. Aptera was a part of that analysis. Aptera’s widow of greatest potential success is 06/22 to 02/23 based on that very rigorous assessment. (This company is a very low level near term competitor to Aptera) After that point there will be strong competitors in the US market with preferred vehicle configurations, competitive pricing, and strong value propositions. one of these competitors is below everybody’s radar at the moment.

The “Good enough” decision can not be made in isolation nor on a personal preference for quality over everything. It must be make in a system context involving many weighted variables and scenarios over a number of different future timeframes.

My two cents.

• Bernard Dubuc

January 16, 2022 at 8:21 pm

you don’t have a second chance to make a first impression, hopefully good enough is good enough

• Pete M

January 17, 2022 at 5:56 am

I could not agree more, and this is especially pertinent to communication.

• Jon_J

January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm

I emailed Aptera as well and never received a response that was meaningful. I was disappointed, yes, but I did not let it dissuade me. Realize that the buzz Aptera has generated is huge and the amount of inquiries they get is likely huge as well. They are not Facebook, Google or Apple and do not have a large department of employees focused on responding to inquiries. It is likely impractical for them to provide personal responses to all of the emails received and they need to be conscious of the ratio of effort to benefit in the prospect of responding. Many of these emails may well be from people with $1k to invest. Aptera’s means of providing responses includes: Monthly updates on YouTube, email list, FAQ on the website, support from Ambassadors, periodic investor or Ambassador meetings and this forum section of the website. Perhaps you could describe this as an investor “buffet”. There isn’t a “waiter” to provide for your every request here, but you should be able to typically find what you are looking for. Good opportunities don’t generally come served on a silver platter. Aptera has been very open and forthcoming, perhaps more so than any company I recall. They do need to limit the information they share, though, for good reason. The ‘timeline’ question is one that is frequently posed (as everybody has this question) and the answer is readily available, but you need to look.

• Elzo Stubbe

January 18, 2022 at 12:49 pm

Do not forget that we are dealing here with super hero’s with a super hero mission. Depriving themselves of human comfort solely to finish the job (Steve Fambro) And the time is now and the time is right! That is how I will keep believing in them and have tremendous patience for this gem of genuine future transport.

• Pete M

January 13, 2022 at 5:37 am

My concern is about investing in the company. As will all of my investments, I need to review past performance in order to predict future performance.

• Lou Verner

January 13, 2022 at 6:14 am

Pete, while that advise is well heeded, one can’t apply it equally to legacy and start-up businesses. Investors in IPOs are by definition taking a bigger risk. My investment decision was based on the belief that Chris and Steve have proven themselves to be successful entrepreneurs in the past and have presented their plans for Aptera in a forthright, open manner and have continued to provide us with frequent updates and progress reports. I can’t think of another example of this level of transparency. You say you’re concerned about investing in the company. If you haven’t already, you may have lost your chance to get in on the pre-IPO level. Your next opportunity may come with the IPO, at which point Aptera will have passed from the speculative to the proof-of-concept stage. Best wishes!

• Pete M

January 14, 2022 at 7:49 am

I realize the “missed opportunity, which was why I sent several emails prior to Dec 31, 2021.

I feel that I was spared by the lack of replies, based upon the first attempt that failed.

I wish you, and all other investors the best of luck. I have chosen to invest $180k elsewhere.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Pete M. Reason: typo
    • Eric Miller

January 16, 2022 at 7:15 am

I think you’re smart to avoid putting that much into a pre-production startup. I see this type of investment as at best a 50/50 chance of total loss, so I’d only allocate $180k if I were playing with many millions of dollars.

• Craig Graber

January 15, 2022 at 10:54 am

I’m personally pleased to see skepticism in whether Aptera will be able to deliver or not. I want investors and potential customers involved, monitoring, and hopefully improving the process. No matter what is said or promised, it doesn’t mean a thing until the rubber actually hits the road, and has been rolling along for some minimum period of time. Not until then can your investment and your expectations possibly be met. Personally, a $100 refundable (yeah right) down-payment is nothing more than an expression of interest and support in the project. Personally, I don’t expect delivery for several years, if ever. I love the concept, the potential economy, and the mere possibility of a company that will actually support its customers (again, I’ll believe it when I see it). If I receive a vehicle even close to what has been promised, and it does not set my garage on fire, I will be more than pleased. If not, I still feel good about supporting a worth while effort regardless of the outcome. It also provides gratification in a very small way as it represents a single finger gesture towards the major car manufacturers. If you don’t agree you should probably go back to Ford, Mercedes, Chevy, or Tesla and purchase one of their EVs. But before you do, you might consider that Ford didn’t care whether it’s customers lived or died when it covered up defective Firestone tires on some Ford trucks and SUVs in the late 1990’s. Mercedes, Volkswagen, and many others if not all other Diesel powered vehicles, some sold into 2018, lied for years about emissions…going so far as to intentionally cheat emissions testing. My sister currently owns a Ford EV. For years the battery has been generating problems. She visited multiple dealers in attempts to rectify the issues. The dealers lied and made up false tales including such falsehoods as the vehicle doesn’t store fault codes…duh, they actually do. Not until the extended warranty expired and the fault codes were provided to them by a third party code reader did the story change to the charge controller needs to be replaced. The dealer advised there is no guaranty that replacing just the controller will fix the issues. If not, the entire battery pack must be replaced and the dealer claims they don’t have the tools or training to do this. Tesla has recalled almost a half million of their EVs recently. These are just my personal experiences with the current automobile industry. At least with a new company I have some hope. Hope these days seems to be a rather rare commodity.

• Pete M

January 15, 2022 at 11:35 am

You have forgotten the Ford Pinto and Chevy Pickups with tanks behind the bed sides. Both of these resulted in a (relatively) large number of deaths. It was a matter of what would cost them less, a few wrongful death lawsuits, or massive recalls. There are undoubtedly many more such defects even now, and we will not learn of them until there have been enough events to come to the attention of the public.

• Patrick Liebknecht

January 19, 2022 at 3:02 pm

Aptera actually responded to my snarky comment on IG and said they plan to deliver an aptera to the earliest reservation holders before the end of 2022.

So I have another year to sock away OT money and keep my Volvo on the road.

This should be interesting to watch play out.

• Patrick Liebknecht

January 21, 2022 at 10:24 am

We’ll start by producing our first few hundred vehicles, our Paradigm Editions,” said Pablo Ucar, Aptera’s Vice President of Production and Procurement. “As our supply chain becomes more established, we’ll ramp to 250 per month, and eventually reach our target of producing 40 vehicles per day. To support this demand, we’re predicting growth of our manufacturing and engineering staff by 3-5x over the next three years.”

They plan to produce 3000 a year at the start ???? ( simple math 250 x 12 = 3000 )

More math, if they plan on building 40 a day factor in Hollidays and weekends they plan on building roughly 10,040 a year after the first year.

More math, that’s 13,000 in 2 years , they said they had over 15,000 preorders so far.

That puts some preorders 3 years out…..

I saw in the same article that the bodies are made from 3D printed parts I hope they have a serious 3D printers ( and a bunch of them ) all the ones I have seen even at the commercial level take hours and even days to produce small parts .

• Gearhead T Mtz

February 4, 2022 at 10:48 am

Something is very wrong. Aptera opened another fundraising round with an SEC plan of operation where deadlines set by Aptera have passed & failed. This may be illegal. Don’t watch for cues from cutsie “news” videos, check what Aptera must file with the SEC to solicit money. At this point, with all their screwups (failing self-imposed deadlines & previous bankruptcy), they may need to only solicit from qualified investors (sophisticated investors with a $M, who can lose $1-200k as a risky beautiful gamble).

Don’t make excuses for Aptera. One person said they have faith because of the success record of Chris & Steve. Seriously? They are on probation for having bankrupted Aptera once already.

Let’s scrutinize that leadership. I doubt any Aptera pretty boys have ripped a car apart or gotten a finger smashed in an auto rebuild. Naw, notice Chris & Steve are getting fat, not good in “green” leadership (they need to go “green” vegan). They are morphing into fat Detroit leadership. They are intellectual car makers, and I doubt they could assemble a basic old VW bug if we gave them a fully loaded garage & all the parts. Feeding them more money doesn’t keep them hungry to succeed, just fattens, leads to more delays, hiring of excess execs & no trike.

Now pívot to making a car. I learned from my dad who was a car, plane, & chopper (vtol not the two-wheeler) mechanic. Two months max is what it takes to convert a VW pancake engine to electric for a part-time hobbyist. You can buy kits or strip a Tesla for parts. Something is wrong with Aptera boys that haven’t gotten anything out to customers yet. They could have a dozen or so test trikes out to enthusiast who can use in real life. Geez, it’s not even a car so they don’t need rigorous Fed or NHTSA testing. Just make, register as motor or autocycle, and drive.

I waited since before the first Aptera I bankruptcy. I expected Aptera II to meet their SEC declarations of trikes to consumers by Q4 2021. Yes, the technology has advanced in the interim: in-hub motors & solar cells. It’s possible the in-hub motor technology is causing a delay which is why they are working on a car with a one central motor(?) to power two wheels.

Aptera needs lean and mean gear heads to join/ scoff at their production team. In California there are many EV mechanics. EV West is down the street. Get people who actually get dirt under their nails & produce EV cars every day. Aptera boys need to tighten their belt and get useful people who actually turn out cars to clean up the Aptera garage.

Stop stringing people along. Get your fat asses off the marketing merry-go-round, make some tough choices, & get a trike to the public now.

Aptera II bankruptcy would be consistent with their present actions. What a shame. Trick me once, shame on you; trick me twice, shame on …

• G Johns

February 4, 2022 at 12:44 pm

Wow! Very interesting read but so negative in so many ways.

I believe in Chris and Anthonys vision/idea and even though the wait on production is/can be excrutiating. It’s only a vehicle that I don’t absolutly need to exsist. I can keep burning up gasoline and dumping oil and polluting the only place we have to exsist. Or I can hope for a truly revolutionary way to get around. Another year or so will tell. So short a time to wait. Your money is your money and I would not tell you how to spend it, but I think you can guess were mine went.

• Gearhead T Mtz

February 4, 2022 at 11:19 am

For the record, I’m not just another mechanic by birth, I also have a Yale engineering degree & Harvard JD, which shouldn’t matter in producing a car because proven application and experience trumps intellect, talk, and concepts any day.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

February 4, 2022 at 11:32 am

“Gearhead” for the record, you don’t seem to be able to differentiate between Aptera 2005-2011, and Aptera present, Steve and Chris had been long gone when the first iteration closed down, and it wasn’t a bankruptcy. This is a reboot by the founders whom it appears will keep full control of the project this time.

• Harry Parker

February 4, 2022 at 11:50 am

Nothing illegal about not meeting forward looking plans. If it were, most companies would be illegal.

With a Harvard JD, Mr. Anonymous Yale grad, I’d think you’d know the definition of legal terms and the importance of truth telling.

Aptera Motors Inc. (the previous version, now defunct) didn’t ever declare bankruptcy, leaving debts unpaid. Rather, they liquidated the company, paying off all outstanding debts in full, including paying back the deposits of all reservation holders. When the old company did that, it was after the founders Chris and Steve had already left the company over strategic plans after losing control to the management team brought in by the venture capitalists that invested in the company.

Reporting this post for violating this forum’s rules of behavior. Personal insults are not welcome here.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Harry Parker.
      • This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Harry Parker. Reason: Removed insult
      • Pete M

February 5, 2022 at 11:08 am

Posted in wrong spot. Deleted to post in appropriate location in thread

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Pete M. Reason: posted in wrong location
        • John Malcom

February 5, 2022 at 11:22 am

Peter Marion – Mr. Parker is a long time and prominent ambassador. Part of ambassador duties, especially for the experienced ones, is to monitor and respond to forum posts to insure they accurately represent Aptera. If posts are removed it is by a moderator because it was not considered to be within the spirit or letter of forum guidance. I have not observed Mr. Parker miss represent anything on the forum.

You are entitled to express your opinion about Aptera. Posts should be limited to that topic. If there are factual inaccuracies or misinterpretation of policy, most likely an ambassador will post to correct it

• Pete M

February 5, 2022 at 11:26 am

I have observed the guidelines and removed a post to remain within those guidelines, but I am unable to contact him directly.

Moderator or ambassador, I should be able to PM in order to follow the rules. How else should I do so?

• Gearhead T Mtz

February 4, 2022 at 12:38 pm

Re: Aptera I bankruptcy.

You may need to ask Car & Driver and other car reporters to correct numerous discussions and references to the Aptera I bankruptcy. My comments are based on those press reports.

It’s likely most people rely on the press for their info also.

• Gearhead T Mtz

February 4, 2022 at 1:01 pm

If it helps to focus on today’s problems & SEC filings (we haven’t yet addressed the unexplained battery cooling system technology), and to be more accurate, please replace all above references of “bankruptcy” with “business failure of company created and lost by current Aptera II leadership.”

My enthusiasm of Aptera is dying, especially when other investors nitpick the death of Aptera I instead of focusing on Aptera II struggling breaths. (Harry, be civil. Ad hominem attacks & silence threats are outdated & chill open discussion.)

• G Johns

February 4, 2022 at 1:39 pm

I was going to reply but not worth it so goodbye.

• Jon_J

February 4, 2022 at 3:38 pm

“I learned from my dad…”, “I also have a … engineering degree… JD”. Your claimed educational prowess isn’t backed up by the content of your comments. No offense. So, Steve and Chris need to lose a few pounds? That’s your suggestion for making Aptera everything you want it to be?

“scoff at their production team” – You appear to have no formal managerial training, so maybe you should avoid offering management advice. Making your team feel worthless is an excellent way to enhance employee turnover. This is the exact opposite of what Aptera needs to be doing, particularly when they need to be constantly hiring talented individuals when such talent is at a high premium. Workers have lots of job options, they aren’t going to stick around for poor management garbage.

“there are many EV mechanics”, “turn out cars” – That’s great, but the current problem isn’t throwing together a bunch of vehicles as fast as possible, or repairing existing EVs. There is still a lot of validation, design optimization and engineering work to do.

“asses of the marketing merry-go-round” – What marketing? You mean the periodic updates on the progress from Alpha to Beta to Gamma to Delta? These updates that investors and pre-order holders are so thirsty to take in? That they expect because they want to know that investor money is being spent wisely? These updates help instill confidence that Aptera is on the right path, encourage further investment which Aptera surely needs and solicit potentially useful, actionable ideas from those interested. If this is the “marketing” you are referring to, then I implore Aptera for such marketing to continue.

“My enthusiasm of Aptera is dying” – I relinquish you of any commitment you feel you have to be here. You may go. Myself and many others have plenty of enthusiasm to go around.

• Vernon Michael Gardner

February 4, 2022 at 3:55 pm

Pete, I sorry for the immaturity of this topic. This topic could be much better addressed by a letter to Aptera.

Patience=If you want to take a look at how long Star Citizen/Squadron 42 been promising delivery. Longest vaporware I have ever seen.

• Pete M

February 4, 2022 at 7:05 pm

The saddest thing about this entire thread is that the moderator (Mr. Parker) appears to have deleted my last post, and then changed HIS post to cover up the issue I wanted to address. I have screenshots, but they are useless when one’s posts are deleted.

Good luck investors. I hope you see a return on your investments, either monetary, or through the satisfaction of helping a small tech company to succeed.

I will post no further, and I will not put a penny toward this venture without basic project projections. There is no point in participating in these forums when there are moderators who manipulate threads to their own benefit.

Cheers.

• Harry Parker

February 4, 2022 at 8:21 pm

Uhm, nope. Wasn’t me. (I’m a volunteer moderator here, not the moderator.)

• Pete M

February 5, 2022 at 11:14 am

Mr Parker,

If you are not moderating this thread, why do you keep posting the rules, and why do all posts referencing and replying to you keep disappearing?

I forwarded my posts to Aptera through the “contact us” applet, requesting they be forwarded to you so you can reply to me privately.

Again, screenshots taken.

Let’s resolve this as per the Discussion Guidelines for this forum, located here:

Guidelines for Community Discussions

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Pete M. Reason: edited to add link
        • This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Pete M. Reason: formatting
  • Gearhead T Mtz

February 4, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Hey Pete,

The 2021 Annual Report will likely come out in April 2022, too late for this round of funding. You are right to cite the 2020 Plan of Operation and ask Aptera for an update, which in a transparent start-up might have been amended prior to opening another round of funding. Notable is that they mention they a 1-for-30 split in April 23, 2021, they have SAFEs (simple agreement for future equity) with undeclared number of stocks to be provided to those investors.

Aptera did file a Semi-annual report on June 30, 2021. Of note is that their quintupling of marketing. “A $1,028,259 (or 560%) increase in …expenses related to an overall increase in marketing expenses, and legal (minimal since no litigation) and professional fees (not provided). In comparison, “A $1,374,309 (or 100%) increase in research and development costs.” Spending money on R&D, if prudent, is good. When marketing is in the same gamut at R&D, that can be concerning.

In the Semi report, after Q2 was over, is a statement relevant to the Plan of Operation, “We intend to begin designing a Beta version of this vehicle …” As you quoted from the 2020 plan, this is in conflict to the earlier forward statement “-Release all part designs for Beta builds in Q2 of 2021 -Build our Betas vehicles in Q2 of 2021″.

By the time Aptera was required to provide the SEC <b style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; letter-spacing: 0px;”>OFFERING CIRCULAR DATED AUGUST 10, 2021 during Q3, they only updated the conflicting statements, but did not update the other activity deadlines to be realistic. (If you say you’ll have a beta by Q3 (it dropped Q4), don’t string along in an SEC doc that you will have a gamma, delta and “a vehicle to a customer” by Q4.)

Now moderator Harry says, “Nothing illegal about not meeting forward looking plans.” The Aptera Plan of Operation ceases to be forward looking when a stock offering is made in 2022, long after the deadlines have failed to be met. A normal person might look at the statements and believe that they have all have been successfully met since Aptera has failed to update / correct their statements. (These are scenarios that some litigators might like for class actions.)

Now Jon_J, the fat leaders are relevant because they are each a “key man” who is core to Aptera and their death, disability or absence would be disastrous. So, yes, they need to lose the weight and get healthy. Calcium score much? Actually, it would be helpful to investors to know the coronary CTA of each leader.

“Scoff” seems offend delicate sensibilities, so I’ll retract it. The point was to impress the URGENCY of getting a trike to market. In a video released on beta tests today, there are about 9 bodies with crossed arms or appearing bored in one cut. In another cut, there are 9 bodies in a tent, backs to the trike. It looks like mostly chilling without a sense of urgency, soon to crack a White Claw. Is there even a manager?

As to the marketing merry-go-round,and as discussed above, it’s a huge concern that Aptera ramped up marketing spending near that of R&D. A lot of fat all around might be cut. Maybe that savings can go to producing the non-existent gamma & delta that at least one person thinks is being marketed.

So Pete, keep on questioning. If you haven’t plopped down money yet, keep on questioning because it makes the rest of us think.

• Jon_J

February 5, 2022 at 7:44 am

Ok, context helps regarding health concerns, but what might reasonably be requested needs to be considered. If you start with a practical example of what other Chief Executives have been subjected to, or volunteered, regarding such data and the reasoning behind it then find an appropriate avenue to convey, perhaps it could be a consideration. I don’t know. Did Elon Musk allow such intrusions? Would knowing the coronary CTA of Steve Jobs have prevented his death? (no). Telling someone they need to lose weight in a public forum without context is not going to achieve what you want it to achieve, it just isn’t. Its just going to come off as extremely rude.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. In today’s society, this seems to be happening less and less. Individuals feel they can draw valid conclusions from increasingly limited pieces of information. Yes, in the latest track update video I had noticed what I am assuming were Aptera employees standing around, arms crossed. I don’t think this needs to be perceived negatively; that management needs to “crack the whip”. From what I understand, Aptera employees are generally working long hours and are highly motivated by the company’s mission. When I toured Aptera’s offices as part of my due diligence, I witnessed this first hand. I wasn’t being deceived, nobody was putting on an “act”. As far as the trackside (assumed) employees are concerned, it is reasonable to suspect that these individuals were invited there to watch the track testing for a few hours, much like any number of possible corporate functions (business lunch, annual meeting, training, etc.) This allowed them to get a reprieve from their computer screens for a few hours, enjoy the fruits of their labors, and possibly gain some insight that might help them in their daily responsibilities.

Like it or not, Aptera needs to spend money (“marketing”) to get the word out. This pulls in more investor money and gets more pre-orders which are a consideration in the company’s valuation. Provided that the money spent on such “marketing” is significantly less than the money and value that such marketing is providing, then I don’t see a concern. The marketing efforts I have witnessed Aptera using should be highly cost efficient. Perhaps there is something unscrupulous hidden in the marketing expenses. On the surface of it, I don’t see such evidence.

None of this speaks to what I perceive is a monumental task list they have to get a production vehicle out the door in 2022 and the seeming progress they are making on those tasks. Of the 6 – 12 Beta vehicles to be made, I’ve only seen the one and it has been over a month since it was built. So, no, this doesn’t give me high confidence, but it must be considered what can reasonably be achieved given supply constraints, a very tight labor market, COVID, etc.

• Pete M

February 5, 2022 at 10:57 am

Thank you for your reply. I tried to private message Mr Parker, but there is no message option, so I sent my questions/issues/post directly to aptera and requested they forward it so I can resolve my issue privately.

I’m glad my questions have value. I appreciate you providing me the information the company will not.

I believe my post that referenced another tech startup, Skully Helmets, was the post that was deleted. Skully Helmets is a good example of a company that was not transparent about their funding, delays, and timeline. Read about what occurred with their investments here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/blog/techflash/2016/08/lawsuit-accuses-skully-helmetfounders-of-using.html

• John Malcom

February 5, 2022 at 11:44 am

Peter, there is a simple solution for you here. If you don’t feel there is enough information from Aptera at this time or they are not responsive to your requests, then don’t invest.

No need to be on the forum criticizing the posters, especially the knowledgeable ones, or disparaging the company for not providing what you want when you want it.

• Bernard Dubuc

February 5, 2022 at 12:01 pm

I support this thinking fully

• Pete M

February 5, 2022 at 12:31 pm

Nice attitude.

You have a different opinion. Go away.

Ok, I will. This is fantasyland where opinions are strongly discouraged.

Good luck, “skully helmets.”

• Jon_J

February 5, 2022 at 3:27 pm

If the girl says “no” or doesn’t respond, let it go. Don’t keep on asking her out on a date. See a parallel here?

You are making demands. You are being politely told “no” or not responded to.

Like going to a buffet restaurant and repeatedly shouting for a waiter, but no waiter comes because there are no waiters, only cooks in the kitchen. At some point, the other diners at the restaurant start getting annoyed.

Above you promise to make your last post, but here you post again.

I realize investing is stressful. I invested five figures in a small startup years ago and lost 100%. It happens. I believe my investing skills have improved since then, but time will tell.

• Gearhead T Mtz

February 5, 2022 at 8:14 am

Hey Harry Parker-

Thanks for changing your reply to me by removing some ad hominem attacks, aka, personal insults. It’s poor form when a (volunteer) moderator is uncivil.

And, … can the moderator central committee please publish Pete Marion’s deleted post. You wouldn’t want it to be thought that Aptera is manipulating (free) speech, would you?

• Harry Parker

February 5, 2022 at 8:26 am

Aptera Motors, the owner of this forum, is free to allow whatever they want here. (Reminder: Freedom of the Press belongs to the owner of the press.)

I believe the moderators here have been quite forgiving in their enforcement of the rules they set.

I suggest you review the Community Guidelines for this forum, linked here: https://aptera.us/community/discussion/aptera-discussion-comment-guidelines/

Guidelines for Community Discussions

• Pete M

February 5, 2022 at 10:35 am

Post removed. I am supposed to message you

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Pete M.
      • Pete M

February 5, 2022 at 10:38 am

I cannot contact you, there is no message option in your profile

• V Pilot

February 5, 2022 at 2:39 pm

You have to click on “timeline”. It will say write something to Harry

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  V Pilot.
          • Pete M

February 7, 2022 at 8:17 am

Not worth it. Considering the attitude of “ambassadors” who supposedly represent Aptera, I’m done here. I am even harassed for posting after I said I was done. I have never heard of a company where one had to be in a certain clique to get answers.

I guess I will just stick around to reply to those with something worthwhile to say to me. The ambassadors don’t. Can I somehow mute them?

EDIT: Never mind, I found the Block function.

• John Malcom

February 7, 2022 at 11:45 am

I am sorry to hear this. I believe you were quite aggressive in your posts and that is why you received the kind of replies you did. The forum is quite a bit more genteel than public media sites. The fact that you are still on the forum is a testament to the generous latitude allowed posters. Some posters have been precluded from posting because of their aggressiveness or animosity to other forum members. I think by being “Done” you are missing out on an opportunity for information on a truly remarkable vehicle. I hope you don’t stay on just to troll posts, but to learn about Aptera and perhaps change your mind.

<font face=”inherit”>One thing to remember is this is a start up surviving on a small budget with a relatively small staff, but doing really amazing things. They are really trying hard to meet </font>everybody’s needs. Because it is an early startup answers are not always available for questions we may want to ask or don’t come in the timeframe we expect. And of course we can not expect Aptera to answer questions that may be sensitive to their business operations. <font face=”inherit”> </font>

Everything deserves a second chance.

I am 77 and in the aerospace and vehicle R&D business for 50+ years. Aptera is hands down the best startup I have seen in that 50+ years and that includes three startup that I partnered in and were successful.

Most of their staff are young people busting their… well you know. I admire their work ethic, much better than the “Professionals” I work with in a large legacy automobile manufacturer.

Please cut them some slack😃

• John Malcom

February 5, 2022 at 11:55 am

Gearhead –

Pretty lame threat

The posts were removed for a reason by a person who’s judgement is trusted. The forum is private. Just like the large public media sites Aptera has the right to control content. Remember, a prominent social media site restricted the content posting of the President of the United States and it was not resolved as a free speech issue.

The forum here is for people interested in exchanging ideas on The Aptera not trying to leverage the first amendment

• Lou Verner

February 5, 2022 at 9:18 am

Gearhead,

Since you’ve undoubtedly read up on all things Aptera since you joined the Forum this month, you know that the current iteration of the company was incorporated March 2019. Please provide us with the names of all other companies who have successfully brought a completely new vehicle to market in less than 5 years.

• Gearhead T Mtz

February 5, 2022 at 1:43 pm

Lithium batteries: EP9, EP6, EP8, various buses, LX1, XPeng G3, XPeng G7 & possibly most BYD’s (but you can check it out yourself).

Lead acid batteries: a ton. Go to (former) communist countries & third would countries to purchase. For you special deal! Their process is to start with something and work their way up to lithium. The world is not flat, or so I’m told.

Which brings another reason for urgency. Say the Dolphin comes to the US. Now the average American can have a 4 seat ev car possibly under 10K after the 7.5K Fed credit (that Aptera can’t have because it’s a trike and not a car). The average purchaser in a family is the mom (like 2/3 to 80% of decisions). The Aptera is then an ego vehicle that is 3 to 7 times more expensive than an entry ev. I think moms, environmentalists and the 35 and under crowd are somewhat indifferent to evs, as long as it’s not an ICE. They probably go with the cheaper, larger, less pretentious car.

So getting to market first is key. This is an urgency that seems to be chilling at Aptera. Truly pops all around for the Aptera test crew! Get mature gearheads in the Aptera garage. Time’s a wasting.

• John Malcom

February 5, 2022 at 3:46 pm

You really missed the mark here with Lou’s challenge. Perhaps you misread it. Lou said “Provide us with the names of all other companies who have successfully brought a completely new vehicle to the market in less than five years” . You posted a list of batteries, bus, and selection of EVs not companies.

I was in the BYD facility in China last year on behalf of my EV building employer. There is no Chinese EV company that has brought an entirely new vehicle to market in less than five years. The Dolphin is not in the market yet. It will enter the Chinese market first then Australia and Europe. There is no plan for it to come to the US because it would have to be reengineered to US safety standards and be subject to a very high import tax. The price for the base Dolphin is around $32,000 in US dollars now. You were quoting a price point after incentives and without import duty. Additionally the Dolphin is configured for a Chinese and European market with less than a 250 mile range using the EPA testing standard not the Asian or European testing standards. as you know, in China and Europe distance per charge is less critical than in the US. The Dolphins range of 200+/- a few miles would neither be comprtitive or acceptable in the US (Research says Americans want 300 or more miles per charge) BYD would have to reengineer the vehicle for larger batteries which would of course increase the cost even more and then be less competitive in the US.

• Pete M

February 7, 2022 at 12:16 pm

@John Malcom

Although I blocked you, I still received your last comment via email.

1) I find no way to unblock people I have blocked, so I cannot send you a PM

2) There was nothing in my original post that was trolling or negative. It was through the progressively more negative posts by certain members (reputed to be ambassadors) that I began to reply negatively.

3) I do intend to remain on the forum to watch the progress of this company, but I do not appreciate threats, veiled or otherwise, about removing my posting permissions or removing access to the forums.

————————————————————————–

Perhaps some ambassadors might choose to be welcoming to new members, rather than aggressively negative. I make certain to greet every new member to the forums I administer and moderate, personally, and welcome them, so that they feel like they are a part of the community. These are forums that do not even solicit contributions.

If we got off on the wrong foot, I ask you to consider how I was “welcomed” here. Were I soliciting donations, I would “wine and dine” my prospective investors. At the very least, I would want them to feel welcome.

If you disagree with all of this, then kindly delete my account.

Thank you, and best wishes for the success of Aptera.

• John Malcom

February 7, 2022 at 7:29 pm

OK I am glad you are staying on anyway.

• Jon_J

February 5, 2022 at 12:52 pm

“Fat boys Chris & Steve… any bets” – Again, you are being extremely rude and the prior patronizing “delicate sensibilities” was unnecessary.

If I were Aptera, I’d politely turn down your investing funds as they come with too much baggage. I don’t know if that would be possible.

It sounds to me like you should avoid investing in any company with a marketing budget as apparently this is a hot button topic for you.

Viewing 1 - 20 of 20 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now