26,200 The future of Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 26,200 The future of Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 26,200 The future of Aptera

• 26,200 The future of Aptera

James Gatan updated 1 month, 1 week ago 12 Members · 14 Posts
  • Anonymous

Deleted User
    August 15, 2022 at 5:10 am

Aptera with 250 battery , all wheel drive, solar hood add , comes to 26,200 . This would meet most people’s needs. The should be the price used for marketing. The price as shown 26,200 .With federal tax credits even better. But if that never happens. 26,200 is still great. This should be the recommended configuration. And in the future make it the base configuration All wheel drive should be standard for Aptera in the future. I’m talking 2 or 3 years from now. After full production has started. And reservations orders have been shipped out.

• This discussion was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  bbelcamino.
  • Ray Holan

August 15, 2022 at 6:22 am

Hi, Tony. This was the configuration I specified in my original order. I thought it would be quickest configuration because the 250 battery pack was 150 lbs. or so less weight than the 400 and thus less inertia to overcome for acceleration.

My frugal gene (i.e. the household budget) has since taken over and I’ve revised my reservation to the FWD 250 setup to save the extra $$ of the AWD model.

• Jonah Jorgenson

August 15, 2022 at 8:03 am

Everybody has a different use case (Needs) and auto budget. Aptera has something for everybody from what you term as the base configuration to a fully loaded 1,000 mi variant. All are priced exceptionally low for what you get at each configuration level. That is a it should be. I am not sure what your reasoning is for saying your base/recommended configuration is sufficient to meet “Most peoples needs”

The current best selling EV in the world, the Tesla, has a wide variety of offerings from the Model 3 to the Cyber truck and Model S Plaid. It works for them!

I think Aptera’s marketing group and engineers are more than qualified to determine how best to satisfy market preferences and we should leave that determination to the professionals.

• Steve Wanamaker

August 16, 2022 at 8:28 pm

i would take the AWD off. I pre-ordered the 600 mi version that way. I think 5.5 sec. 0-60 is plenty fast, and you don’t need the extra traction if you don’t live in the snow (I’m 1.5 hrs from Aptera). I think full solar is wonderful.

• kerbe2705

August 16, 2022 at 9:46 pm

@tony walker – The reasoning behind the extremely low reservation fee was to collect data about what potential Aptera customers would want. At one point the ambassadors were told that more than half of the reservations were for the 400 mile variant.

Giving the customers what they want – rather than giving them what you think is best for them – strikes me as being a wise business model to pursue.

• Robert Acevedo

August 17, 2022 at 3:37 am

My guess is what the customers really want is to get it sooner. I chose 400 because that was what would be built first.

• Vernon Michael Gardner

August 16, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Tony, I originally chose a very similar config until I heard the 400 mile was the fast track.

• James Gatan

August 16, 2022 at 11:53 pm

That is one fast AWD w/ 250mi pack (& 150lb lighter). Less front weight bias I assume (vs 400mi pack). Curious as to the F/R weight distribution. for this variant.

If prices would increase for my 400/AWD/Full Solar pre order (hope not)..worse case, the 1st thing I would adjust to save on $$$, would be the battery..for a 250mi pack. A much lighter Aptera AWD with money saved, is still a win-win.👍

• Bart Cunningham

August 17, 2022 at 1:56 am

Yes, living in NE Ohio winters AWD is a must for me. Also having to use LOTS of heat moves me up to the 600 mile version as I assume maybe half that in real life usage in the dead of winter. I need to make use of all of what sun we do get here so I do need the full solar package and I also have the off road package as well for the snow covered half plowed if I’m lucky roads.

• V Pilot

August 17, 2022 at 6:40 am

If the base aptera is $25,900, adding the third motor at $2,500 and the solar hood at $300, The price is what???

• Dennis Swaney

August 17, 2022 at 12:03 pm

$25,900 + $2,500 + $300 = $28,700. I knew my third grade arithmetic would come in handy some day! 🙂

• Ray Holan

August 17, 2022 at 12:08 pm

Either my 3rd grade arithmetic or the calculator on my phone;)

• James Gatan

August 17, 2022 at 1:51 pm

OP must’ve used that special 250mi battery pack promo, with a $2,500 off coupon code.

• Chris Merriott

August 17, 2022 at 12:34 pm

Lol. I was literally scrolling the comments looking for someone to say this. He seems to have left off the third motor price and only added the $300 solar hood.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now