2nd Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 2nd Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 2nd Aptera

• 2nd Aptera

• Lane Costilow

July 28, 2022 at 8:42 pm

I have been thinking about battery pack size and other options, thinking I should get what is best for the long run, but is that so?

I have been steadily reading the discussions (ALL the discussions!) and wonder if I shouldn’t just get the best Aptera for the short-run. With all the improvements the community is expecting down the road, perhaps the 1st Aptera should be the absolute minimum I need for now, and get the optimum version later on.

What are you planning for your 2nd Aptera?

• This discussion was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Lane Costilow.
  • John Malcom

July 28, 2022 at 8:57 pm

I have two reserved about 12 months apart. Both the same configuration. You know you can change as many times as you want until Aptera calls to finalize your order.

Just because you see lots of wants doesn’t mean they will end up in a future variant of an Aptera or a follow on four wheel version.

• Joshua Rosen

July 29, 2022 at 7:28 am

It all depends on what you want from the vehicle. I only buy cars that are “better” than the one I’m replacing. With my ICE cars better was defined as a car that runs, I always kept my cars until they had to be towed away, when the cost of repairs approached the value of the car I bought a new car. With EVs it’s about being capable of doing something that my current EV can’t. My first EV was a Volt which had limited range. I replaced it with a Tesla that can go anywhere. For me Aptera is interesting because it will be possible to drive all day without having to stop at a Supercharger, to do that I need the 600 mile version. The 400 mile version will still require route planning so it’s not an improvement over a Tesla for my purposes. However if you don’t have an EV now, or if you have a short range EV, the 400 mile Aptera will be a giant step forward. For someone looking for a commuter car even the 250 mile version would do the trick. Under those circumstances I’d say yes to your strategy about buying the first one that becomes available and planning on trading it in on a better one in a couple of years. John’s strategy of having two reservations a year apart also makes a lot of sense for people who like to own multiple cars at a time.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now