4 wheel sport Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 4 wheel sport Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 4 wheel sport Aptera

• 4 wheel sport Aptera

CS Bishop updated 1 month ago 5 Members · 5 Posts
  • john langstrand

July 3, 2022 at 1:59 pm

I have the look for the 4-wheeler sport version with 4 motors and 3 second 0-60.

With this car you wouldn’t worry too much about economy, just a 3 second EV at under $35k.

Look closely and you can see the Aptera inside.

Eliminate the front and rear wings.

https://www.businessinsider.com/aston-martin-3-million-valkyrie-hypercar-specs-2017-7

• Ronnie

July 3, 2022 at 2:56 pm

You’ve got something there. Good find. Aptera should be able to pull a bunch of inspiration from this into a four wheel version (if they haven’t yet designed) as you are right, there are some interesting lines and comparables, for sure.

• Vernon SINNOTT

July 3, 2022 at 5:21 pm

We should be able to select 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive more.

• Steven G. Bueche

July 5, 2022 at 8:47 am

I can see Aptera in the center but I think that has more to do with aerodynamics than anything. In the 3/4 front view it has a Pagani feel to it. But sadly, I feel no car it worth $3 million.

I wonder if Aptera could use the same outward wheel design in a four wheel configuration? With the tail upwards the area of compression might be eliminated. Might need a stiffer wheel pant to handle the speeds over 150mph. It would scream for sure. The current motors only have 64 equivalent horsepower so different motors would be needed. Correct me (and I know this clan will) doesn’t the current 3 wheel have the equivalent of 300 horsepower?

• CS Bishop

July 5, 2022 at 2:05 pm

A 4 wheel design could have an advantage for registration and insurance but it would put it in the automobile category for regulatory requirements.

However, a dual wheel rear configuration similar to what was on the Dodge Tomahawk could make it a 4 wheel vehicle with out much change to the current body design.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now