A Better Route Planner

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions A Better Route Planner

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions A Better Route Planner

• A Better Route Planner

• Gordon Niessen

June 24, 2022 at 7:58 pm

The “A Better Routeplanner” has the 60 and 100kwh versions. I had mentioned to them that the first to be out would be the 40kwh model. But it has now been almost 6 months and no update. Please go to Settings and then Support & Feedback/Suggestions and request they add the 40 and 25kwh models. Those should be out sooner than the 60 and 100. Maybe if enough people request it they will add it. Also the Wh/mi seems high. But I guess it is better safe than sorry.

• This discussion was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Gordon Niessen.
  • Gordon Niessen

June 24, 2022 at 8:21 pm

It is cool to see that I have just over 2000 miles to get home and only need about 8 charges. With most being from 10-20% to 80-90%. So not too bad. Can probably make it in 3 days with a couple nights sleep along the way. [Note: I used the 60kWh model and raised the Wh/mile to 150. So I am probably a bit optimistic on the Wh/mile, but should not need to stop as long for charging].

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Gordon Niessen. Reason: Wanted to be clear it was an adjusted result
    • Curtis Cibinel

June 24, 2022 at 9:59 pm

A better method is to use battery degrading under advanced to stimulate other models. This avoid impact on charge times. Obviously specs are unclear and no certainty about ccs vs tesla plug

• Gordon Niessen

June 25, 2022 at 6:00 am

Yes, I guess I could adjust the Battery max state of charge to 67%. Still need to tune the Wh/mi to what we really can expect for the production version. I think Chris is using 100 Wh/mi for marketing.

• Joshua Rosen

June 25, 2022 at 6:34 am

The car isn’t real yet and they haven’t even finalized the charging standard, there is no point in bothering ABRP until they get close to shipping. It’s a testament to how excited the EV community is about the Aptera that ABRP already lists them but from a practical standpoint it doesn’t matter until somebody can get behind the wheel of one.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now