Fisker a Win for LFP Batteries

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Fisker a Win for LFP Batteries

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Fisker a Win for LFP Batteries

• Fisker a Win for LFP Batteries

John Malcom updated 1 year ago 3 Members · 5 Posts
  • John Malcom

November 27, 2021 at 11:54 am

Fisker announces it will use LFP batteries for its low end Ocean Sport SUV shown at the LA Auto show. The Ocean Sport will have a range of 250mi and cost $37,499 before incentives. Reason for the batter choice – to lower vehicle cost.

Tag line for the vehicle “World’s most sustainable vehicle” Targeted at environmentally conscious buyers that want an SUV style vehicle from a lower income level than the current average for EV SUV buyers. Sustainability claim based on solar roof that gives 1500 miles for a year; vegan interior with recycled materials to include the carpeting made out of recycled bottles and fishing nets; wheel materials all recycled as well. Currently 20,000 reservations. Manufacturing will be done by third party Magna.

Additionally, Fisker won the ZEVAS Award for the Best Zero Emissions Award for a Crossover for Less Than $50K (Most popular type model sopld ovewr the last 12 calendar months)

Looks like another win for Mr. Cibinel’s assessment of battery LFP technology.

• This discussion was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  bbelcamino.
  • Joel Smith

November 27, 2021 at 7:42 pm

Have to admit that this is one of the more attractive eSUVs on the horizon. Confident as I am that an Aptera will make the practical statement I want to make for my commute and perhaps 90% of my driving needs overall, the wife is not wrong about our still needing something bigger for the family outing, camping, etc. also. And if you need this kind of a brick too, this still pushes a lot of the right buttons.

Of course it will be a year yet (and probably more) before they’re in production and getting reviews. A lot can and will change in the EV market in a year. Worth watching though, for sure.

• John Malcom

November 28, 2021 at 11:11 am

The more choices the better for us. Soon to be a tsunami of EV SUV/Cross Overs I think with more competitive prices.

For us as empty nesters Aptera is best fit. A good fit for someone that needs an extra vehicle for commuting as well as you pointed out.

I believe one of my sons will desert the Aptera and elect for a eCrossover as he has two young children.

Overall good for the environment the more we switch to E-something

• Curtis Cibinel

November 27, 2021 at 8:30 pm

Definitely one to watch. Gives the model y a run for its money while looking a ton better. Depending on our situation at the time this might end up being my wife’s first ev (unless she ends up mainly driving the aptera). I still also have a cybertruck reservation so we will need to decide which is more practical for us at the time. My wife is also named Ocean so the novelty of that name is also a bit of a factor ????

Ps: is it just me or is the definition of suv shrinking every year? Pretty sure this would have been called a crossover a few years ago.

• John Malcom

November 28, 2021 at 11:06 am

Agree. “They” name them what ever will get the most sales ????

With wife named Ocean and a new SUV/Crossover named Ocean, I think it is fate.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now