Accelerator Program (2)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Accelerator Program (2)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Accelerator Program (2)

• Accelerator Program (2)

Posted by billebersohlgmail-com on May 1, 2023 at 6:51 pm

________________________________ For older posts in this thread go to:

Accelerator Program | Aptera Discussions | Aptera ______________________________

It seems that most people here have a short-sighted view of what the company is trying to do. By incentivizing people to invest $10K or more they will get the money they need to begin production sooner rather than later. Sure, some people may jump ahead of the line, but the point is to get production started sooner moving EVERYONE up!

Greek replied 1 hour, 21 minutes ago 28 Members · 45 Replies
  • 45 Replies
  • Accelerator Program (2)

Greek updated 1 hour, 21 minutes ago 28 Members · 45 Replies
  • larry-black

May 1, 2023 at 8:39 pm

Anyone know how the leaderboard placement works?

We were at 93 now at 104 but not seeing more than 2 who gkk ok t in for more nor anyone ahead of us time wise

• Greek

May 1, 2023 at 8:59 pm

I don’t believe the LB totals are an exact number. I also have had what appeared to be discrepancies, but it seems to even out at the end of a day or two. Some of the investments may not reflect on the LB until funds have cleared, but possibly the head count gets added.

Also, previous investors may be adding to their totals in smaller amounts that may not reflect in the general total of the LB. Sometimes purchasing just a few shares may bump the guy ahead of you and it may not reflect on the LB totals.

• Mike-Mars

May 2, 2023 at 6:51 am

Remember that the date on the leaderboard is the date of the first accelerator deposit. If someone is adding funds every month, then they will be climbing the board, but the date does not change.

• JRWiley

May 4, 2023 at 6:35 pm

I have heard it said several times from Steve Lee (AOC), Jason Hill and Chris Anthony that the first 2,000 vehicles produced through the Accelerator program will carry a premium value. I think one of them even used the words “extremely valuable”. Can someone explain to me how that is? I would be interested in hearing how much more valuable than the purchase price you think it could be (if at all) and why. Thanks.

• Greek

May 4, 2023 at 7:53 pm

1st and foremost, that is all speculation. No one will be able to tell you that your position on the Leader Board has an exact value. We are all betting that the APTERA will have a significant gain in value, the reality is that if and when the vehicles will be produced much of this speculation will be based on demand once the product has been seen out on the road and magazine coverage by the general public. We also need to remember that the APTERA is a 3 wheeled vehicle, most of the public will have a hard time wrapping their heads around that fact.

The consensus for those who follow APTERA are convinced that it may end up being a modern day version of VW Bug. Our followers are very passionate, me included. So yes, the value of the 1st 2000 APTERA may be greater. My bet is that the 1st 200 or so may be more marketable from an investment stand point…especially 1-10. Not sure how many people who invested to be on the Leader Board are doing so to resell their vehicle or position? I do know that there are a handful that have placed more that 1 deposit to get in line for multiple purchases. Again you can include myself with 3. For many of us it’s a bit of a gamble but a risk well worth it just to try and get the vehicle into production for all to enjoy and the possibility to also benefit financially.

• JRWiley

May 4, 2023 at 8:46 pm

So, let’s say I have position #10 on the Leaderboard. Will my vehicle be more valuable because I can flip it at a profit right away or will it be more valuable because as the 10th car produced it will therefor have a higher resale value 20 years from now? I’m just trying to decide whether or not to get in line for one of the first 2000. Yes, I realize this is all speculation but I was just wondering what the logic was. If and when I actually get my hands on one I can’t imagine turning around and selling it.

• Greek

May 5, 2023 at 4:38 am

I would heavily value the sale of the 10th vehicle made as a flip. Long term…no one knows what the market will be. Early stage between the hype and limited numbers of APTERA on the road would bring you the quickest bang for the buck. Again, these are my own speculations and are not any particular formula you can follow. By the way, the number 10 slot at the moment is at $210,000. AGAIN….it’s all speculation!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  John Voules.
  • Solana

May 5, 2023 at 9:01 am

If a vehicle is to become a “desired collectable”… it is likely to only have two doors and two seats.

Aptera checks this box

How many of todays EVs only have two doors and two seats? Tesla Roadster comes to mind.

• william-hester

June 14, 2023 at 8:54 am

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I haven’t seen the answer clearly stated yet – will the Accelerator program open back up to non-accredited investors at some point in the future? I have been on the fence about investing for the last couple of months, and then by the time I saw the news about the “pause” it was too late for me to get my ducks in a row. The word pause implies that there will be a resumption, but I don’t know if the remaining slots will be for accredited investors only, or if they will be fair game for anyone.

• stanley-decastro

July 3, 2023 at 5:05 pm

BTW, this is NOT a dumb question.
      OK, from what I’ve heard, Aptera had to pause only because they were close to the limit of how much money they were able to collect via that public offering. Once that milestone is hit, you can’t accept any more money from investors. So now they have to submit another proposal to extend how much they can collect from the public. Once that is done and accepted they can legally open the floodgates. This is just what I’ve heard. Someone else here can probably explain it better.

• Biker

June 14, 2023 at 9:24 am

Only Aptera can confirm but very likely yes, it will reopen – they still have over 740 slots to sell.

• william-hester

June 14, 2023 at 9:31 am

I figured that had to be the case, but would love to see “official” confirmation. Thanks for the prompt reply!

• GNiessen

June 15, 2023 at 10:44 am

I was just made aware that the Jacket for the $25k perk has an image. It was in a collapsed drop down, where the other perks were expanded by default. I wonder if this was because this is not the final design? I hope it is still a work in progress, as all of the graphics appear to have been blacked out.

• llewellyn-evans

June 16, 2023 at 12:58 am

Yes, the jacket design is truly craptacular.

• dallas-hodgson

July 3, 2023 at 3:05 am

Seconded. It’s truly horrible.

• Greek

June 16, 2023 at 1:43 am

Ok, am I reading reviews about the jacket from clothing fashionistas? Not sure our average advanced age followers on this sight have a good leg up on what the worlds fashion trends are. Unless you follow modern design and your wardrobe is up to date, it’s hard to accept something so different. The jacket is strikingly modern just like the APTERA itself. Probably would not look good over a plaid shirt.🫣 As a matter of fact….please do not wear a plaid shirt while driving your APTERA.😳

If APTERA keeps these jackets only exclusive to the $25k+ investors, you can always throw it up on eBay and I’m sure you would get a very good dollar amount for it if you decide it doesn’t go with your look.

• Biker

June 29, 2023 at 5:51 am

If anyone wants to win an Accelerator slot, the details are in this video:

Contest Stuffs Consolidated – YouTube

• GNiessen

July 2, 2023 at 6:06 pm

As I am in the Accelerator program I am ineligible. But I applaud him in what he is doing. He feels strongly about getting a 600 mile version and is willing to wait. Much more patient then I am. Very generous of him to offer it up for a worthy individual.

• Nuugle42

July 6, 2023 at 7:31 am

New video by AOC. What does everyone think?

https://youtu.be/7PISaEJrWZc

• greg-sims

July 12, 2023 at 2:54 pm

I was wondering if people with over $20,000 at the current value of investments could be included in the Accelerator Program. I invested early on Wefunder and other early rounds. I calculated my value to be almost $25,000 at 10.50 per share. I also place my reservation in the first 3 hours on the first day.

• BigSky

July 12, 2023 at 3:07 pm

I totally understand how that benefits you, but it doesn’t do anything to incentivize you to further invest which is what the program is designed to do. Why would they want to give a LE reservation to someone who invests $400 in a WeFunder round? They need you to pony up at least $10k now, not give away reservations for nothing.

• len

July 12, 2023 at 3:14 pm

I am sure Aptera appreciated what you invested through the many campaigns ( I do ! as it helps us all see Aptera ASAP.) But the answer to this Accelerate Aptera program is captured under FAQ on the website.<b style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; letter-spacing: 0px;”>What is the Aptera Accelerator Program?

Through the Aptera Accelerator Program, the first 2,000 Launch Edition vehicles produced will be prioritized for early deliveries to investors who participate in the new program — between January 27, 2023, and until the 2,000th slot is filled, anyone who invests $10,000 or more at invest.aptera.us will be added to our leaderboard and become an Aptera Accelerator.

The investor with the largest total investment (all time) will receive the first delivery slot in the queue. The remaining 1,999 reservation slots will be prioritized according to investment amounts (all time). Everyone can continue to add to their investments while the program is running to move their position on the leaderboard up.

If you do not wish to participate in the accelerator program, you may still invest at invest.aptera.us. The investment offering is eligible to remain open until August 16, 2023.

There was a video too…

• steven-dempster

July 15, 2023 at 7:15 am

Is there any sign that the pause will be ended and things can resume?

• Biker

August 25, 2023 at 3:33 am

From Chris M at Discord:

Waiting for our crowdfunding to open before we release some updates, expect that really soon y’all!! Hopefully next week.

• Biker

September 5, 2023 at 12:16 pm

The offering is reopening for non-accredited investors today.

• berneithia-sibert

September 26, 2023 at 5:57 pm

Concerning the Orders….. We’ve been following the company since 2019, invested on another account and have three cars on order…… I don’t feel it’s fair for people to jump on the band wagon to get their cars first just be cause they’re rich…. but I guess support isn’t rewarded…. I’m not on Youtube or have a thousand followers but we…

Given the income differences, I make $50k and someone else makes $500k the risk of $10k to 1k is the same… But for the easiest people taking the risk has been much longer with no promises after the first 2k any more will be built or even go to IPO….. I know power investors are needed “But so WERE we”. It seems “WERE” is the main word. I just believe some of the preset vehicles should go to some people who shared the dream. Currently I pay more in gas every month than it cost to own a Tesla, so looking at the future I and I mean “l” really need this car living on a fixed income.

• Greek

September 26, 2023 at 7:13 pm

Unfortunately it will be the case for many early reservation holders. The reality is though without these people investing, myself included, there wouldn’t be a forum for you to even make this posting.

Also

Please understand that these investors are the risk takers that are willing to take a gamble with helping fund APTERA. Although I am hoping it’s not true, there is a chance that we can loose every penny invested. So I guess, with risk there will hopefully be some reward. In which case everyone wins.

• ROMAD

September 26, 2023 at 8:36 pm

I look at it this way now: If Aptera goes belly-up again, I’ll only be out $100 which isn’t bad for someone on a fixed income. I figure those who are investing 5, 6, & 7 digit amounts are the filthy rich who can afford to lose what is just “pocket change” to them.

However, my concern IF Aptera DOES survive long enough to build at least the LEs, Aptera may decide to only sell them to those who can afford to pay an additional minimum 5 digit premium fee.

Of course, this whole EV “conversion” is aimed at the rich since very few vehicles are priced low enough so those making less than a 6 figure income can afford them; Aptera is the only one that comes close. I plan on using my savings to pay for an Aptera.

• BigSky

September 26, 2023 at 9:57 pm

While it may not feel fair, the relationship is symbiotic with the company. They need us to risk investments with them, so in return, they offer priority if you are willing to take the LE. It is not an entitlement for the rich. It is an enticement to get help. Personally, I would love to see people jump ahead of me as that means they are getting the help they need.

• gregory-annett

October 1, 2023 at 3:35 pm

I’m estimating that the Accelerator Program won’t finish until January 2024 at the very earliest, given that it is at 554 slots remaining as of today, and the average number of slots filled per day since January 27 is 5.85, giving us 95 days to go until the end of the program, if everything continues as it is. Hopefully the pace will pick up with some of these shows that are happening, but I’d be hesitant to think that it will end in October.

• Greek

October 1, 2023 at 4:30 pm

My take on the Accelerator Program….if funding for mass production becomes available tomorrow, the LB would fill up with in a month. The pressures of having funds for production is off, investing $10k or more is much less of a gamble. Personally I would invest again under my wife’s name for another slot.

• Kamakiri

October 1, 2023 at 4:53 pm

I think it’ll be earlier…as Production Intent (Delta) news trickles out…or some major funding milestone is met or announced. My guess is that it’ll also close near and possibly over $30MM for the program total.

• george-hughes

October 2, 2023 at 10:44 am

I suspect the sole reason for the Accelerator program is to qualify for the ATVM loan. The idea is the accelerator program is a stand-in for a ten-grand deposit on a vehicle without the complications of California law but acceptable, in terms of judging viability of a new car from a new manufacturer adequate to show that the loan would be to a viable outfit.

The viability equation is based on the comparatively small scale production possible in the mini-assembly plants like that at Carlsbad. If the Aptera line is anything like the Dodge Viper line – another low-volume two seater production line designed by Sandy Monro – it is designed to be a break-even operation at something like 1500-2000 vehicles a year. I.e. they could purchase enough parts for 2000 vehicles, build them and after paying for the labor, parts and overhead on the assembly plant they would show a small profit – i.e. establish viability.

The genius of the accelerator program is that it is a direct expression of intent to purchase without the exchange being a ‘deposit’ on a vehicle. (Folks, you did note that now those with Aptera stock and ‘trade’ that stock meaning it is likely when deliveries begin, Aptera could ‘buy back’ up to $10,000 in stock for the vehicle if needed. )

Even if they don’t, I suspect a third party will, at the point of delivery, offer stockholders a ‘deal’ for their accelerator equity in the company.)

But the key point here is that the folks administering the ATVM loan probably provided the founders an indication that the Accelerator program, with its requirements, would be with success, an viable metric to establish viability of the company.

That said, I’ve not yet made the leap to the accelerator program. I’ve invested enough cash to qualify mind you and actually got some low-priced stock in ’21, but the notion of having one of the first 2000 being located in Georgia … far, far away from service … and not being a youtube phenom who could use it for promotion … I’m not eager to be a guinea pig on the other side of the continent. Besides, my ’14 Spark EV is still running strong at 63,000 miles and costs me, with TOU metering breaks from my coop, less than a penny a mile. For the record, I haven’t had such freedom since my 20 mpg Dodge Dart was running on 19 cent a gallon gas when I went off to college in 1968.

That realization gives me pause. Wisdom would say, if I seek to reduce c02 emissions, I’d keep my sparke and allow another to trade their 25 cent a mile SUV for the near zero cost of fuel Aptera, saving some lucky customer a dollar every four miles they drive.

• robert-soong

October 4, 2023 at 10:10 am

I recently became an Accelerator and show up on the LB. I’ve seen Youtube videos saying that if you become an Accelerator you can have access to the full videos rather than just the short clips. I didn’t see any emails with any links to these videos. Nor do I see any links when I login. Can someone please advise me where to look?

Thanks!

• Kamakiri

October 4, 2023 at 10:51 am

I suggest using the support tab on your dashboard to contact them directly. There are fields on the form and I’d use Inquiry Type: Investment and the Accelerator and Leaderboard description. Hope that helps and welcome to the club!

• CGSMT

October 9, 2023 at 12:03 am

I was poking around the website and was reminded that one of the Acclerator perks for investing $100K+ is lunch with Chris and Steve. Currently there are 45 of those. That’s a lot of lunches…..they’d better order the salad. 😃

• William_J

October 9, 2023 at 9:31 pm

It could be that I started that idea, not sure. At least a week prior to being in the San Diego area, I had reached out to the contact email for Aptera to see if Steve or Chris might be interested in lunch (on my dime), but a response was not received back prior to my trip. This wasn’t just for idle chatter, but as a prelude to investment and I had tried to be clear about that. As due diligence is done prior to investing, the ‘lunch after investment’ model isn’t a fit for me. Having my initials/state/investment on a publicly-accessible website (Accelerator) is a negative for me as well. I’m still super stoked about Aptera nonetheless and have met both Steve and Chris on separate occasions.

Page 1 of 2

or to reply.