Active Anti Roll/Sway Bar: Ideal for Aptera..?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Active Anti Roll/Sway Bar: Ideal for Aptera..?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Active Anti Roll/Sway Bar: Ideal for Aptera..?

• Active Anti Roll/Sway Bar: Ideal for Aptera..?

Curtis Cibinel updated 2 months ago 5 Members · 7 Posts
  • Neville Cawood

April 27, 2022 at 5:40 am

I just want to bring Active Anti Roll/Sway bars to the attention of Aptera:
    https://www.bwigroup.com/active-stabilizer-bar-systems/https://www.bwigroup.com/active-stabilizer-bar-systems/

NB their ability to disengage when one is going straight (or off-road), resulting in improved comfort (and grip off-road).

I feel that these, or something similar, wold be ideal for 3 wheeled vehicles like the Aptera..?

Personally I’d have them ‘overcompensate’ for corners, imparting a lean into corners.
    Besides stability and comfort, leaning into corners always imparts a grin on the faces of occupants. 🙂

• John Smith

April 27, 2022 at 6:53 am

What is the cost difference between this and standard anti roll bars?

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

April 27, 2022 at 9:11 am

it could help effeincy by allowing more movement momentum preservation of car around a turn, so there doesnt have to be as much regen/friction braking so longer battery brake life and increases miles per charge. but this improvement would have to outdo how much more energy movement from battery and into it that happens as result of more weight added, which depends on average driving style ( lots of road turns or less road turns in a trip)

April 27, 2022 at 9:13 am

being able to handle turns fast may pay off just for driving fun, as there isnt much else reason to buy aptera in most peoples mind (most tesla buyers probably dotn care about effeincy and all that, they just like the torque, avoiding gas station trips, and simple aesthetics and maybe “virtue signaling” with tesla branded car.

April 27, 2022 at 9:29 am

aptera is far wider than other 2 seaters, it needs to compensate for its lack of allowing play space around turns and around parking lot and in a street lane, with more g force tolerance. it will be compared to miata and gt86 toyota, almost noone rerembers or even knows lotus elise

• John Malcom

April 27, 2022 at 10:14 am

The Aptera suspension was designed by Roush Performance, an expert in suspension to include racing suspensions. Beta testing is complete on the suspension with excellent testing results, especially in the difficult Moose Test. There will be no change in this design element for first production Apterae.

Aptera engineers are great at surveying available tech for each feature of the vehicle and selecting the best components for implementation with criteria, among others, of functionality, availability, durability, and easy to repair or replace.

Perhaps they may be appropriate for the next iteration of the Aptera.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  John Malcom. Reason: add word
  • Curtis Cibinel

April 27, 2022 at 12:03 pm

I think its good Aptera has made some pragmatic decisions to get the product vehicle to market. If every component is a unique prototype it will delay massively and costs will inevitably skyrocket. You cant scale production with all the components barely being out of the lab. They are focusing on the core efficiency of the design and sourcing relatively commodity parts to make an incredibly affordable vehicle.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now