Adaptive Headlights

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Adaptive Headlights

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Adaptive Headlights

• Adaptive Headlights

• Michael May

February 16, 2022 at 11:57 am

Now that Adaptive Headlights are legal in the US, will Aptera have them?

https://www.thedrive.com/news/44310/adaptive-headlights-finally-approved-by-feds-for-us-roads

• Peter Jorgensen

February 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm

Probably not on the basis of cost and complexity.

• IA -1

February 16, 2022 at 2:39 pm

Well, they are not legal now, there is a “two-year time frame to finalize the new rule”. They will be too expensive anyway, so there is a very small chance to see them in the Aptera.

• Robert Klasson

February 16, 2022 at 11:44 pm

There are many great and some not so great adaptive headlights out there. The fact that there are some bad implementations out there leads me to believe its a lot of work to get them functioning properly, so perhaps it would be better if Aptera skips it for now as too not risk delaying the car.

I have no personal experience, since my cars are too old or too budget to have them, but the adaptive headlights are one of my dads favourite new features on his new car. When they have customer cars on the road, I would seriously consider developing adaptive headlights if it was up to me.

• Selvan Poothamby

July 1, 2022 at 9:23 am

Similarly to daytime running lights, I’d prefer making that call. Automated wipers would be good.

• Jonah Jorgenson

July 1, 2022 at 10:04 am

Adaptive headlight(s) perhaps on next version of Aptera, but not on the current version production model. No time for the reengineering and activating a supply chain for this feature intime to include it, and as Peter Jorgensen says, to complex and expensive. Also additional unneeded weight.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now