Ambassador Program

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Ambassador Program

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Ambassador Program

• Ambassador Program

Ray Holan updated 1 day, 11 hours ago 24 Members · 47 Posts
  • Sarah

Administrator
    August 2, 2021 at 10:18 pm

If you’re passionate about Aptera and our mission, you might want to learn about our Ambassador Program. We’re currently interviewing applicants around the world who want to help us usher in a new era of efficient solar vehicles for the benefit of people and the planet.

Ambassadors have a wide range of responsibilities including attending events and promotional activities, providing product feedback, engaging on legislative issues, moderating social media forums, and more.

You can learn more about the program and apply to join our growing community of Ambassadors here.

If you have questions, please email Ambassador@aptera.us.

• Ronald Miller

August 30, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Sarah – just received my Aptera hat and updated my profile picture! ๐Ÿ™‚ Waiting for your call!

• Sarah

Administrator
      September 2, 2021 at 12:03 pm

Thanks, Ron! Looks great ๐Ÿ™‚ Are you officially signed up for the program? We’re thankful for your support!

• Jose Torre-Bueno

September 12, 2021 at 3:30 pm

I also signed up and have not heard back.

• CHRISTOPHER BETHEL

September 24, 2021 at 9:32 am

Hello Sara,

I have been looking for the ambassador Portal and also swag shop. NOT having any luck…can you help?

• CHRISTOPHER BETHEL

September 24, 2021 at 9:34 am

Sarah… Sorry didnt spell check b4 I hit post

• Orlando Terrazas

September 9, 2021 at 4:50 pm

Hi Sarah! I emailed Aptera about the Ambassador Program a couple of weeks ago and haven’t gotten a response. Can you help out please?

By the way… I wrote another song for Aptera. Check it out on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1cmmWuuw1g

• Juan Camargo

September 12, 2021 at 4:26 pm

Hi Sarah! Thanks for accepting me into the program!

@everyone: Just letting you know it takes some time to review your application but the team at Aptera do review them. All of us are eager to participate but just give them some time ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daniel DeSloover

October 5, 2021 at 8:18 am

Thanks for the update Juan! I think this demonstrates the eagerness of those who want to participate and running a thoughtful candidate selection process.

• Romeo Salcedo

September 17, 2021 at 4:34 pm

are there ambassadors in Hawaii?

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

September 17, 2021 at 4:44 pm

As of the spring directory, there were three in Hawaii.

• John Wiley

September 17, 2021 at 7:19 pm

Can the Ambassador Directory be viewed by those of us who are not Ambassadors?

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

September 17, 2021 at 8:27 pm

John, I would think that it would be up to Aptera to make that determination with the concurrence of the people in the program. I am an ambassador, but I wouldn’t want to put someone else’s info out there without their permission.

• Romeo Salcedo

September 18, 2021 at 2:44 pm

Just wanted to know so we could start an Aptera car club here in Hawaii. It would be nice to take our Aptera on a road trip up and down Waikiki on the weekend.

• John Malcom

September 24, 2021 at 6:08 am

I am an ambassador but can not access the new ambassador portal with either of the two methods sent in the Ambassador’s email

• Diane Bai

October 4, 2021 at 4:15 pm

Hello, I just discovered a new YouTube channel- Aptera Ownerโ€™s Club, who is the creator please?

• Trevor Fernandes

October 7, 2021 at 9:11 am

Hi Sarah, I’ve applied to the ambassador program a couple of weeks ago. I live in British Columbia, Canada and I’d like to be involved in helping Aptera gain traction in the Canadian EV market.

Many people I’ve spoken to have concerns about how Aptera EV’s will perform in adverse weather conditions primarily excessive rain and snow. I’ve already been clarifying people’s doubts through word of mouth and intend to start a YouTube channel to reach more people.

I’m a pre-order holder and an investor. Everything in nature has been optimized to use least amount of energy to get the job done and I’m stoked that Aptera is trying to replicate nature in that sense. I’m a strong believer in efficiency and truly want to assist Aptera succeed in an effort to contributing to a better world for our children and the future generations to come.

• Ray Holan

October 7, 2021 at 1:33 pm

Is Aptera still accepting new Ambassadors? I applied several weeks ago and have not received a response. Perhaps there was some pre-determined limit and that has been reached?

• Marlin Press

October 7, 2021 at 4:03 pm

It was mentioned in the last Ambassador webinar that they were planning on limiting to 500 ambassador’s, but I have no idea where the number is presently or if it is a hard number.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

October 7, 2021 at 8:06 pm

I think what they meant was they wanted to get to 500, but not that the total would end there. (As I heard it.)

• Ray Holan

October 12, 2021 at 4:55 pm

Hi, Sarah. I applied several weeks ago, but haven’t received any response. Are you still reviewing applications like mine? I gather there is quite a backlog due to the level of interest and this may be slowing things down.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

October 12, 2021 at 5:36 pm

Ray, a lot gets covered in the forums here and Aptera may not catch everything posted. Advise that you send your info request to ambassador@aptera.us

• Ray Holan

October 13, 2021 at 5:11 am

Thanks for your suggestion Oz Man. In fact, I have emailed ambassador@aptera.us two times. Once about 10 days ago and a second time 3 days ago. I’ll wait another day or so and emailed once more.

• Ray Holan

October 13, 2021 at 5:20 am

Oz Man, I’m laughing here in Ohio. Like washing your car to make it rain, after I sent my previous response to you, I checked my email and there was a response from the Aptera team apologizing for the delay and indicating I should hear something by Friday. Go figure. LOL.

• G Johns

October 14, 2021 at 9:37 am

Did not find a place to ask this so here it is. When do you think we will get news on Luna? Weeks?,Months?. Thank you.

• Harry Parker

October 15, 2021 at 11:37 am

Days. But then I haven’t heard anything other than they filmed it in Joshua Tree National Park a few weeks ago.

• John Malcom

October 15, 2021 at 3:11 pm

Perhaps we will find out as a part of the Ambassadors call for October.

• Davis Edwards

October 26, 2021 at 8:23 am

John, has this October call happened? I am new to the program and have not found the calendar for upcoming calls

• Ray Holan

October 26, 2021 at 8:30 am

Hi, Davis. I’m new to the Ambassador program as well.

There is certainly a wealth of resource material on the Google drive set aside for the program, but I have not found a calendar of upcoming meetings either. I suspect it is difficult to make a commitment to a specific date each month for an Ambassador meeting since the pace of progress is furious, but not linear. That is, some periods of time may be slower than others and the powers-that-be may understandably want to have substantial material to share whenever there is a meeting.

• Spenser Pousette

December 2, 2021 at 7:55 am

How about someone In The solar industry and consulting for ten years, we already pushing aptera through the whole Central Valley? (Ca)

A

• Thomas French

February 17, 2022 at 6:03 am

Hi Sarah,

I would like to apply for Ambassador status, living in Florida, I believe I can promote the vehicle with very good abilities. How can I apply, when the application area is closed.?

Thanks

Frenchy

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

February 17, 2022 at 8:06 am

Frenchy, Aptera is working hard on closer monitoring of requests here, but they have a large backyard of social media, etc. to cover. Your best course is to email your information request to, Ambassador@aptera.us. Happy to hear from excited Aptera fans.

Oz.

• Laura Batchelor

March 4, 2022 at 5:04 pm

Frenchy – what part of Florida are you in? I want to do a test sit (to make sure it’s comfortable getting in and out) before buying and would prefer to see one here instead of flying to CA. Hoping to find an Ambassador that will let us sit in theirs. We are down in the Keys.

• John Malcom

March 4, 2022 at 5:53 pm

Laura, Ambassadors do not have priority of delivery for vehicles unless they were early reserves of 400 mi paradigm vehicles. The rest of us are in the same pool you are. If you can identify one of the early paradigm reservations by name who is in FL, GA, or AL they may be able to help you out

I am in FL but planning to go to San Diego as my reservation date is down the road my guess nine months.

• Philip Raymond

February 18, 2022 at 11:50 pm

Oz is right about a large backyard of requests. That said, it doesn’t appear there is any monitoring of emails to Ambassador@aptera.us, based on my own experience. I emailed them my request to be an ambassador 2 weeks ago, after being ignored on my first request via the previous method of applying that did not use that email some 4 months ago. It looks like that first method used Survey Monkey, but it is no longer functioning. It would be nice if Aptera would simply email “sorry, but we have enough ambassadors already”, but I have yet to get even that basic of a response. In any case, it isn’t being handled very professionally.

• Ronald Miller

February 19, 2022 at 7:04 am

Philip – I know it is frustrating but remember these folks are trying to onboard and train hundreds of new people as we speak, in addition to creating a manufacturing operation, AND completing all the testing of the vehicle. I am sure their delays are unintentional. Hang in there, we need good people telling the world about Aptera.

• Ray Holan

February 19, 2022 at 8:37 am

I hear you, Philip. It would help to get some sense from Aptera staff about the volume of email requests they have in the queue. Then at least we wouldn’t be left guessing about whether our message got lost or is behind 387 other messages they are working through. As Ron Miller said, it is a crazy busy time for the company with the move and the employee expansion on the front burner. For sure, it is frustrating to be left wondering what is really going on especially when it comes to getting involved in the ambassador program as you are trying to do.

• John Malcom

March 4, 2022 at 6:07 pm

I appreciate Aptera placing their budget/human resource emphasis on engineering hires to move vehicle development, testing, and production preparation forward. The most important priority!

When I requested to be an ambassador it was quite a while before I got a response and then an invitation email. I urge patients. I know their target was 500 ambassadors worldwide and they have 500 ambassadors so selecting additional ambassadors may take more time to vet and may be more geographically focused for national and international coverage.

I know one of the major factors for selection as an ambassador is being positive and exhibiting great enthusiasm for Aptera. Of course, the nature of an ambassador candidate’s posts on this forum and other public accounts may be assessed to see how they consistently show this kind of posting behavior.

They have limited staff in the customer care organization at this time. It takes a while to get an answer, but they do work through the questions and you will get an answer. I also know that both the forum posts, and the ambassador emails are monitored as is the question email.

I know of no other company, especially a startup, that is so communicative about what is going on. We should all appreciate their hard work, long hours and efforts in our behalf and Aptera’s behalf.

I hope this information is useful for you.

• Philip Raymond

March 4, 2022 at 7:31 pm

Thanks guys for all 3 replies, I’ll just stay patient.

• steve pelman

June 30, 2022 at 1:19 pm

Does anyone know the efficiency of Aptera. I am producing a video and need some data suitstylermtm@gmail.com

Ambassador Vancouver

• This reply was modified 3 days, 4 hours ago by  steve pelman.
    • Ray Holan

July 2, 2022 at 6:09 am

Hi, Steve. Good luck with your video. Efficiency numbers are scattered about in a number of places. Obvious ones to mention are the low weight and low CD of Aptera. Latest Aptera brochure has some. Many of the Aptera update videos include quotes from Chris Anthony on the subject. The FAQ spreadsheet, currently taken down for updates, is another source.

• Selvan Poothamby

July 1, 2022 at 3:10 pm

Hi Sarah… Thanks for all you do! Do you think maybe it’s a good idea to give ambassadors their own place in the community?

Viewing 1 - 17 of 17 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now