American ev company

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions American ev company

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions American ev company

• American ev company

• tony walker

November 27, 2021 at 12:21 am

Aptera is one of the most American of the new ev startups. Fisker makes nothing in America . Every car will currently be made outside of United States . A large part of Lucid Motors is owned by Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has made trillions from oil. Many human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia. They treat woman badly . Recently involved in the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi. A journalist, for The Washington Post. These are all facts that people can look up. I don’t think there is anything wrong with Aptera talking about this. Because most people are unaware and the news media sucks.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-20-billion-winner-of-the-american-ev-startup-boom-saudi-arabia-11626687002

• Curtis Cibinel

November 27, 2021 at 1:57 am

As much as it’s good to see startups in the ev space the idea Aptera is entirely American made isn’t accurate. The design and assembly is but where possible they are using relatively of the shelf components.

Batteries : relatively industry standard 2170. Likely from Samsung (South Korea) but they could very easily use other sources aswell.

Motors : The Elaphe hub motors are from Slovania. This is the most critical component and probably the hardest to change suppliers.

Software : Crank software which makes the infotainment system is in Canada.

Other Components: cameras, screens, seats, speakers, suspension components, and chips are sourced from various companies with most likely manufactured overseas

• kerbe2705

November 27, 2021 at 4:22 pm

FYI – Crank isn’t making the infotainment system: Crank is developing the user interface – the “on-screen buttons” for the vehicle, as it were. The operating system software is being developed by Aptera, in-house.

Also, we don’t know where the Elaphe motors will be constructed. Elaphe isn’t a production company, per se: They design motors and controllers for their clients that are then outsourced for manufacture.

• tony walker

November 27, 2021 at 2:36 am

” One of the most American ” is accurate. Never said every single part used to make the car was manufactured in America. That is impossible for any company to do. The car is still made in America. Still an American company. Still more of a American company than Fisker or Lucid. Yes they did not make every part by hand here in USA. Yes, they did not dig a hole in the ground to mine for raw materials. Yes, they do not have their own battery factory. Everybody knows this.

• Cosme Tome Melendez

November 27, 2021 at 5:59 am

Tony, you are right and I share your thoughts with my family as well, Saudi Arabia money government allows the oil companies to succeed crashing heads and bones so, in theory and sadly speaking LUCID and other investments coming from there are a bloody red dirty money.

• BigSky Country

November 27, 2021 at 6:32 am

All socio-political views aside, this American company sources globally like most and is simply starting in the American market with a localized, low capital manufacturing approach. If all goes well and they expand into other markets, the American sourcing argument wanes. Personally, I get a daily overdose of political views from our polarized media and I’d rather focus on the car here.

• tony walker

November 27, 2021 at 6:55 am

STEVEN Montana . These are not socio-political views. This is not political. These are just facts. Not wanting to support a government that kills reporters is not political. But you can live your life anyway you want. I’m sorry for ruining your day.

• BigSky Country

November 27, 2021 at 9:01 pm

You certainly did not ruin my day. I’d like to put your mind at ease. These are socio-political views and I don’t disagree with them. I just think it would be a shame if it dominates the forum and detracts the focus from the car. We have plenty of other forums to debate the Saudi regime and human rights abuses.

• John Malcom

November 27, 2021 at 12:43 pm

Please keep your political views off this forum. There is no place for this kind of political rhetoric here.

The things you state are not facts

• John Malcom

November 27, 2021 at 1:53 pm

Cosme, You might want to read my response to Tony. You should consider reengineering your perspective to correspond to the facts and certainly stop you unwarranted criticism of these companies and countries/organizations supporting them on this forum

It is not the Aptera way????

• Cosme Tome Melendez

November 28, 2021 at 6:37 pm

John Malcom, not a problem…, lets focus in our Aptera, and end the personal point of view, facts, etc. aside, for sure there are a lot and enough room outside to talk about that topic. With that said, I had finished my response, and I will continue with technical forum.

• tony walker

November 27, 2021 at 7:13 am

I don’t won’t to argue with anyone. I will make no more replies to this one. And also I will not be reading anymore of the replies to this one.

• John Malcom

November 27, 2021 at 12:41 pm

Tony, there is no place on this forum for this kind of political rhetoric. Please read the forum guidance copied here and limit your comments to respectful statements. There are plenty of forums where you can express your views explicitly. Please use those forums for this kind of comment.

3. Don’t Talk Politics, Spam or Cross-Post

Members are allowed only one account on the Aptera forum. Discussion about politics, advertisements, solicitations or promotions will not be allowed. Please don’t post the same discussion multiple times on many threads. Duplicate discussions will be merged or deleted.

• John Malcom

November 27, 2021 at 1:50 pm

I believe you may have a misunderstanding of the designation of American companies. I think we can help you correct your misunderstanding.

The US Government assess a business or a business product (Like cars) and makes the determination if they are “American Built” or not.

Another criteria is where the company is incorporated and or headquartered. Fisker is Headquartered in LA.

Fisker started as an American company headquartered in NY NY. Fisker went bankrupt and has been resurrected. In 2020 Fisker merged with Spartan Energy Acquisition(US based) through a SPAQ and went public. Spartan Energy Acquisition is a part of Apollo Investment Corporation, a US-domiciled, publicly traded, private equity fund with a lot of recognizable subsidiaries

Henrik Fisker, American by nationality and Danish by birth, serves as the Chairman of the board and CEO of Fisker since its inception in 2016.

Lucid Motors is an American EV company founded in Newark CA in 2007. The CEO of Lucid is Peter Rawlinson, a former engineer with Tesla, and the VP is Derek Jenkins the former head of design for Mazda North American Operations. Lucid did receive a 1B investment from Saudi Arabia. A small part of the capital needed to complete research and plan production. In 2021, Lucid Motors announced a deal valued at $11.75 billion to merge with Churchill Capital Corp IV, (U.S.) through a SPAQ and is now a traded company. The 1B Saudi investment is a drop in the bucket. I am sure you know they are building a 700M production plant south of Phoenix where they will build their vehicles (In America) and employ a lot of workers with higher paying jobs.

Both of the companies you identified are American companies.

I am pleased that Fisker and Lucid are in the market place. The more EVs we can get into the hands of drivers, regardless of the brand, the more progress we make towards cleaning up our environment for our children and grandchildren. And isn’t that the greater good we are working toward?

A note on the type capitalism practiced in the U.S. Our form of capitalism is based on providing the consumer with the best “Value” possible. That means the best product at the lowest price. Producers compete very hard to provide the best quality product and a search for ways to reduce the price as much as possible so more of us will buy their product. My guess is that of all o f the products you buy many if not most are manufactured off shore most likely in China. Now if we brought manufacturing of those products back to the U.S. and increased the product price to cover the higher cost of production you would either complain about the high price or you would not be able to the things you buy now.

You owe Curtis Cibinel, a knowledgeable person on the forum an apology. he was simply trying to help you understand something you didn’t.

• Alain Chuzel

November 27, 2021 at 4:57 pm

Mr. Walker, the GIFs on your posts are pretty irritating. Was that your goal? Oh, that’s right, you’re not reading this…..never mind.

• Peter Jorgensen

November 28, 2021 at 6:44 pm

Um…. Tesla?

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now