Aptera Buys Andromeda… Fact or Fiction?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Buys Andromeda… Fact or Fiction?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Buys Andromeda… Fact or Fiction?

• Aptera Buys Andromeda… Fact or Fiction?

Llewellyn Evans updated 3 months ago 8 Members · 8 Posts
  • Thomas Bushaw

March 31, 2022 at 12:37 pm

This morning a viewer commented on Aptera Motor Club’s latest YouTube post that JerryRigEverything posted a video (also this morning) where he claims that Andromeda Interfaces, Inc. (a UI/UX developer) has been purchased by Aptera. I dug around and found the reference. Here’s a clip of JerryRigEverything’s YouTube video where he mentions Aptera and Andromeda. Is this claim fact or fiction? Just curious…

• Raj Giandeep

March 31, 2022 at 2:22 pm

I called Andromeda and they said they can’t disclose anything at this time. So the mystery continues. That video was in my queue to watch today. Seems like they worked together with AMETEK Crank on the UI for the current system for the Alphas.

• BRUCE MENGLER

March 31, 2022 at 5:28 pm

I could be mistaken, but IMO their statement is implicit confirmation. If there was no deal, then the answer would have been a simple “NO” & not “can’t disclose”; which implies there is something to disclose. Buying a supplier is a good way to control the supply of vital components. BTW, Andromeda is located in Oceanside, CA which just North of Carlsbad where Aptera assembly will occur.

• Jonah Jorgenson

March 31, 2022 at 3:27 pm

Somewhat surprising that Aptera would execute an acquisition at this point. Diverts attention from completing development and testing in preparation for production. Also diverts funds from support of development. Could be a stock deal with no cash I guess. Lockheed Martin, my employer, does that occasionally when they find a small business with a particularly critical contribution to protect the intellectual property.

Just looked at the site. Looks like CAN data display is their sweet spot. Also battery and motor control. 25 employees. Small business, maybe 8A.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Jonah Jorgenson. Reason: update content
    • Joshua Rosen

March 31, 2022 at 4:16 pm

It’s any easy way to pick up a bunch of programmers with automotive experience, of their 25 employees I’d bet almost all of the are technical.

• Norman Roberts

March 31, 2022 at 3:29 pm

I found an article on their site that mentions the ceo worked for Aptera in 2007. After Aptera closed he started this company

• Francis Giroux

March 31, 2022 at 5:04 pm

Its too bad Andromeda isn’t publicly traded. It could be a convenient reverse merger that avoids all the work of an IPO. Its another way to go public. But Andromeda is not publicly traded, at least not this Andromeda (one of three).

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now