Aptera Delivery Schedule

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Delivery Schedule

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Delivery Schedule

• Aptera Delivery Schedule

Daniel Gleason updated 22 minutes ago 60 Members · 87 Posts
  • Kayleigh Venne

Administrator
    February 7, 2022 at 9:58 am

Some customers may have noticed the dates for delivery of Aptera have been updated in the member portal. We’d like to assure you that our production goals and timeline have not changed. 2023-2024 is a range that will depend on your specific configuration choice, reservation date, and where you live in the world. Our goal is to begin deliveries to our earliest Paradigm Edition customers in 2022, followed by as many U.S. customers as possible in 2023 until we ramp up to our manufacturing goal of 40 per day. We hope to start international deliveries in 2024. Our Aptera team will be reaching out to everyone individually with more clarity on exact delivery dates in the later part of 2022. Our priority is to build the highest quality solar electric vehicle while getting Aptera to our customers as quickly as possible. Our community is welcome to email info@aptera.us with any questions in the meantime.

• John Malcom

February 7, 2022 at 11:09 am

Thanks for getting this out to all on the forum!

• Elzo Stubbe

February 7, 2022 at 11:33 am

Ok two year to save up some serious money for the most serious vehicle ever present on the face of this planet…

• Bojan Majdandzic

February 8, 2022 at 10:00 am

In one way it is a pity, I ordered my Aptera on December 4th 2020 and being European can expect it in 2024, I will have to train my patience.

The only good thing will be that I will get my Aptera after 10000 American test drivers will help to get me the highest quality solar electric vehicle.

• Barry Mawson

February 10, 2022 at 11:27 am

To say that I am disappointed in the revised expected delivery dates would be an understatement. I feel that I have been misled. In my initial review of my order (June 2021) a delivery date of 2022 was repeatedly given. Now two years have been added. What’s my problem? No patience? No, not that. It is ,unfortunately called life expectancy. I may not make it to 2024. I know, that’s my concern!. We’ll see.

• Nathan Hubbard

February 10, 2022 at 12:55 pm

I’m pretty sure mine said that the date was an estimate, but I didn’t order until November.

• Kayleigh Venne

Administrator
      February 17, 2022 at 4:00 pm

Hi Barry. Please know it was never our intention to mislead you. We are working hard to get you the highest quality vehicle as quickly as possible and we are honored to share our road to launch the solar mobility movement with you. Working at Aptera has taught me that we are in the business of doing the impossible. We have to design around incomplete information, do the best we can, refine things as we go, and make things better. Although we updated the delivery time, our production goals and timeline have not changed. Supply chain issues may have set us back a bit, but we’re not dragging our feet here. Because our world deserves better; we deserve better and our engineers are working hard to bring our Solar Electric “dream machine” to market as quickly as possible.

• Jerome Wiley

February 17, 2022 at 5:55 pm

Hi! It will be well worth the wait! Also — I’ve noticed some posters mentioning a reservation number, (23812, 21891, etc.) I’ve checked my reservation confirmation email and also my online Profile / Dashboard, but don’t see a reservation number anywhere. Where can I find this out?

• Curtis Cibinel

February 17, 2022 at 6:05 pm

You cant. They effectively eliminated meaningful sequencial reservation numbers ~6 months ago.

PS: Thanks Kayleigh for being active in the forums. Its nice to get official replies so things are a little less of an echo chamber. I really respect the difficulty of what the team is doing and want to see the car but without the mistakes from rushing too hard. Aptera is an amazing high performance EV sports car. It is the best range per dollar and performance (with AWD) per dollar option by a longshot. Solar, American made and Efficiency are just welcome bonuses.

• Kayleigh Venne

Administrator
        February 22, 2022 at 10:51 am

You’re welcome! Happy to be here in the forum, Curtis! And thank you for the kind words! We are glad you are a part of this movement!

• Susan Pate

February 19, 2022 at 11:18 am

Another 73 year old, hoping for a sooner rather than later delivery! Maybe if we beg, they will deliver based on date of birth rather than date of purchase. 🙂

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Susan Pate.
  • John .K. Whaley

March 17, 2022 at 3:09 am

The best-laid plans of mice and men. Patience is a virtue, and fortunately, I have more than most.

Since it is only me, this vehicle is perfect. I am thinking mid-2023 early 2024. But then again being very optimistic. Right now I drive a Tesla Model Y. I will be ready to trade in late 2023.

• James Lee

April 16, 2022 at 8:47 pm

I was told by Q2 2023 was a good estimate for my order

• Jim I

May 12, 2022 at 3:26 am

Here’s a question I couldn’t find while searching: Are there configurations we can spec that will ship sooner? I’d hate to be delayed by a year because I checked the dog option or something. In fact I’d probably be willing to take delivery of any spec if it puts me appreciably ahead in line as I’m sure many others here would as well.

• Ray Holan

May 12, 2022 at 5:08 am

Hi, Jim. I believe there have been comments from Chris A. on one of the past videos that production plans give priority to the 40kW configurations, then 25kW, followed by 60kW and 100kW variations. This is informed speculation and not hard fact. Seems to make sense to me as the 40kW is likely the most popular pre-order and the 60kW and 100kW variants require some suspension modifications to accommodate the extra weight.

• Marco Landin

May 13, 2022 at 11:48 am

Thanks for the update Kayleigh. Quick query: Is there an estimated number of vehicles Aptera estimates will be producing & delivering in 2023? You say “as many as possible”, but is there a general number you’re aiming for? I ask so that I may crunch theoretical numbers and arrive at a current estimated delivery date for my own Aptera, as I am customer in the #12000 range. Thanks!

• RICHARD HARVEY

May 17, 2022 at 6:54 pm

I hadn’t though of the age factor but now see I have a lot of old fart company (currently 78) but I plan a lot of years driving enjoyment from my Aptera. Aptera is doing one hell of a job pulling this off. I am constantly amazed at how they are handling all the new and unique challenges of bring a new concept to existence. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!! Part of the motivation for acquiring the Aptera is to honor my father who past away some years ago but always dreamed of an electric vehicle like Aptera and I only wish he had lived to see it. May he will be able to see it, I will sure tell him all about it. Please keep up the fantastic work you are doing. I am looking forward to enjoying the fruits of your labors and dedication. Peace, Richard Harvey

• Andrew Bartlett

December 30, 2022 at 6:48 am

I’m touched and inspired by your intent to honor your father – and to tell him about it. I’m going to do the same!

Best, andrew

• Christopher Morehouse

May 20, 2022 at 7:50 pm

Will Aptera ever post a production schedule to customers or investors? I’d be interested in seeing the companies progress towards keeping a planned schedule. Obviously their are delays, but what is the timeline for the production facilities getting tooled for lowr rate initial production and then full tooling, etc?

• Harry Parker

May 21, 2022 at 10:04 am

The published production schedule is currently “customer deliveries starting before the end of 2022.”

To meet that they need completed production prototypes for full testing by the end of this Summer. To do THAT they need 100% of their parts suppliers lined up with contracts in place before then.

Chris Anthony has stated the speed of production rampup is dependent on the rampup of the supply of parts, which they can’t control. I’m guessing the limiting factor is probably the battery cells themselves, although it could be shortages of some electronic parts, like all the other car manufacturers are experiencing.

• Llewellyn Evans

May 28, 2022 at 4:13 am

Do we know when the first Gamma vehicle is expected to be complete?

• Ray Holan

June 15, 2022 at 10:41 am

Llewellyn, based on statements made in the latest Aptera video, it’s looking like that will happen in the next 3 months — I added a month and a half to the “about 6 weeks” that was stated in the video. Gentlemen, place your bets!

• Juan Castro

June 15, 2022 at 3:02 pm

It will happen when it happens. There are things you can control and things you can’t. I probably don’t have the resources that most of you have, so I just feel blessed to be here for the ride.

• Gabriel Kemeny

June 16, 2022 at 5:14 pm

One thing I don’t recall being mentioned is that when start up EVs say they will start delivering vehicles to customers, they rarely mention that very likely those “customers” are their employees. Companies like Rivian, Lucid and likely others delivered their first customer cars to their employees – I suspect with the de-contenting and pre-production nature of the first batch of vehicles, they’ll go to Aptera employees.

• Ray Holan

June 17, 2022 at 5:30 am

Interesting speculation, Gabriel. Time will tell.

• Llewellyn Evans

June 19, 2022 at 1:06 am

It would certainly cut down on whinging customer complaints …. and give them solid, informed feedback to the production line to resolve issues before they start going to customers.

Bloody smart idea.

• Armando Collazo

January 17, 2023 at 9:26 pm

A happy employee will make happier Aptera’s. This wait is surly fine tuning my patience lol.

• BRUCE MENGLER

June 22, 2022 at 6:54 pm

The schedule continues to be re-re-revised farther into the future. I reserved my Paradigm early on the morning of Dec 4, 2020. Up until recently the Aptera posted delivery schedule was 2022 – 2023. Now is says 2023.

A few hours ago I got a email from Aptera with the Subject line “Update on your Paradigm order”

Below a line from the message to me. “As our founders mentioned during our webinar, it is our goal to deliver a production-ready vehicle by the end of 2022 and ramp quickly in 2023.” To me the KEY point is “a production-ready vehicle by the end of 2022”. From which I conclude the no real customer will get an Aptera in 2022. BUMMER!

FWIW – My order number is10026 & I live about 15 miles from the Aptera Assembly building.

The question I would like answered is as follows.
    Will I get my Aptera in Q1 2023? I certainly hope so!

• David Marlow

June 23, 2022 at 2:22 am

It is now clear to me that Aptera can not know for sure about an actual production start date until they know the production dates from the suppliers of each of the parts they need. So if they know they have all but one of the parts they need except for one, will they start ramping up production without that part? I suppose with firm assurances that that part is on the way they might, but as they will not have the funds to produce even one hundred without that part, they would have to stop.

So until Aptera knows for sure, we will not.

• Edward Jackson

June 26, 2022 at 6:35 pm

In order to have production by 2023 they need to have several dozen drivable beta versions on the road now. It seems to me the final design is not even fully formulated yet. As a retired engineer, I have serious doubts about any product in early 2023. There still seems to be a slight wiff of scam or naivety here. Hope it all works out.

• Johnny Acree Acree

June 27, 2022 at 6:02 pm

With 185 days +- days left till the end of the year, is there a time line , count down, schedule of what needs to happen when in order for Aptera to deliver at least one production unit by the end of the year?

And is Aptera on schedule now?

• Riley …

June 27, 2022 at 10:31 pm

Aptera plans to deliver 1 car by the end of the year even if its hand built and missing a few features. As long as it’s a functional car it will be a win.

• John Young

June 29, 2022 at 2:04 pm

I am a Paradigm reservation holder and there’s been a small update to my dashboard. It used to say 2022 – 2023. Now it just says 2023. Personally I’m fine with them taking their time. I would rather they make 100 pre-production units and torture test them for a year before making salable units.

• S Patterson

July 3, 2022 at 12:21 am

We’ve been told in the announcements, not all options will be available at first… Some have longer development time, others have limits in the number that can be made.

So what options will be the soonest?

I know, it’s a year or more out, but… I would be wiling to take a less kitted out Aptera to get mine sooner. Everyone has their must-haves and nice-to-haves and don’t-wants.

For instance, I marked for the Safety Pilot and my spouse doesn’t really care about it. My spouse wants the larger battery, but I don’t particularly care – it’ll charge up pretty rapidly anyhow. But we’ve both agreed our must-have is the solar. And the tent, tho that won’t delay delivery, since it’s a later part.

Maybe the configurator could let us mark some options as merely aspirational? Or which options could be selected and added later? Because I’d be perfectly happy with a more limited car than I built in the configurator.

-Crissa

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 3, 2022 at 5:36 am

Crissa, you’re leaving out two important pieces of information for any real answer to your question. When did you place your reservation? Where are you located? If you are one of say the first 3,000 you can probably make a significant change to your place in the production queue, provided you are in either Southern California, or say a 500 mile distance from San Diego (But in the United States.) Beyond that, you might be able to make a smaller change in wait time, if you’re in say, the first 10,000 reservations. Past that, it would seem likely that Aptera should be in full production and whatever you order shouldn’t really affect a wait time. (Provided Aptera doesn’t run into any problems with implementing any particular option.)

Also, I would expect (Or at least hope) that Aptera will reach out to each reservation holder as their place nears coming up, and let them know what the situation is, so you could adjust your request as wanted. (Aptera has stated that you can change your request at any time up to making your next deposit/finalizing you order.)

The date is more important than your order ID/Reservation number for many, as the system was reset in August of 2021 and many numbers do not reflect even an estimated position in the queue. It is to be hoped that Aptera will make some effort to let everyone know about where they actually stand at some point. (Currently they say to consider your date of reservation.)

• Mike Tracy

August 3, 2022 at 12:07 pm

40 per day x 5 days a week? right.

= 200 per week?right.

=10 weeks to get to 2000? right (just over a quarter)

=100 weeks (2 years) to get to 20,000? right (still not meeting their pre-orders)

=I got the preferential spec + an all-wheel drive, but don’t know if I will actually get the car in 2024

• Jim Williams

August 6, 2022 at 5:43 pm

Don’t mean to negative but it seems to me that at a production rate of 40 a day my Aptera order should be ready no earlier than late 2023 or maybe even 2025. o well I am hoping no competition comes along to spoil it for Aptera.☹

Viewing 1 - 25 of 62 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now