Aptera Delivery Schedule

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Delivery Schedule

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Delivery Schedule

• Aptera Delivery Schedule

• Kayleigh Venne

Administrator
    February 7, 2022 at 9:58 am

Some customers may have noticed the dates for delivery of Aptera have been updated in the member portal. We’d like to assure you that our production goals and timeline have not changed. 2023-2024 is a range that will depend on your specific configuration choice, reservation date, and where you live in the world. Our goal is to begin deliveries to our earliest Paradigm Edition customers in 2022, followed by as many U.S. customers as possible in 2023 until we ramp up to our manufacturing goal of 40 per day. We hope to start international deliveries in 2024. Our Aptera team will be reaching out to everyone individually with more clarity on exact delivery dates in the later part of 2022. Our priority is to build the highest quality solar electric vehicle while getting Aptera to our customers as quickly as possible. Our community is welcome to email info@aptera.us with any questions in the meantime.

• John Malcom

February 7, 2022 at 11:09 am

Thanks for getting this out to all on the forum!

• Elzo Stubbe

February 7, 2022 at 11:33 am

Ok two year to save up some serious money for the most serious vehicle ever present on the face of this planet…

• Joel Smith

February 7, 2022 at 11:35 am

Welcome news. Thanks for sharing.

• Eric Quinn

February 7, 2022 at 11:56 am

Thanks for Sharing, updates are good

• Morris Wilder

February 7, 2022 at 12:31 pm

Thank you for sharing this information!

• Bruce Jankowitz

February 7, 2022 at 5:34 pm

Thanks to all for this info. It’s very reassuring

• Bojan Majdandzic

February 8, 2022 at 10:00 am

In one way it is a pity, I ordered my Aptera on December 4th 2020 and being European can expect it in 2024, I will have to train my patience.

The only good thing will be that I will get my Aptera after 10000 American test drivers will help to get me the highest quality solar electric vehicle.

• Patrick Liebknecht

February 17, 2022 at 7:53 pm

also, if you start now , you could save up enough to pay cash for it when it comes 🙂

• Barry Mawson

February 10, 2022 at 11:27 am

To say that I am disappointed in the revised expected delivery dates would be an understatement. I feel that I have been misled. In my initial review of my order (June 2021) a delivery date of 2022 was repeatedly given. Now two years have been added. What’s my problem? No patience? No, not that. It is ,unfortunately called life expectancy. I may not make it to 2024. I know, that’s my concern!. We’ll see.

• Nathan Hubbard

February 10, 2022 at 12:55 pm

I’m pretty sure mine said that the date was an estimate, but I didn’t order until November.

• Thomas French

February 17, 2022 at 5:57 am

Barry I feel your pain. I too am old 73, but God willing we both will enjoy one of the best designed vehicles to come from excellent designers. Best Wishes buddy.

• Kayleigh Venne

Administrator
      February 17, 2022 at 4:00 pm

Hi Barry. Please know it was never our intention to mislead you. We are working hard to get you the highest quality vehicle as quickly as possible and we are honored to share our road to launch the solar mobility movement with you. Working at Aptera has taught me that we are in the business of doing the impossible. We have to design around incomplete information, do the best we can, refine things as we go, and make things better. Although we updated the delivery time, our production goals and timeline have not changed. Supply chain issues may have set us back a bit, but we’re not dragging our feet here. Because our world deserves better; we deserve better and our engineers are working hard to bring our Solar Electric “dream machine” to market as quickly as possible.

• Don Daniels

February 18, 2022 at 4:31 pm

I’ve seen lots of discussion on ways they are making Aptera even better than when you placed your order. Bringing in Roush and Sandy Munro has resulted in big improvements with only minor delays. I for one am hoping the regulatory required side mirror can be designed so that when we get approval for the camera instead we can simply remove the draggy mirror and install the camera stalk and screen on pre-wired fittings. I would also like to be able to swap out the electric heat for a heat pump when those become available if they can make the housing compatible for both.

Yes, I’m turning 70 this month and eager to get my Aptera, but I can keep the old 2004 Sentra SE-R going another year.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Don Daniels. Reason: Added another concept
    • Elzo Stubbe

February 19, 2022 at 9:25 am

I am going to pray that you will make it another two years and will drive this wonderful vehicle in 2024. If I can witness that, it will be awesome!!

• Don Daniels

February 19, 2022 at 8:11 pm

My dad made it to 94, I’m expecting to get 20-25 years out of it and then pass it on to a grandkid. I’m still flying jets, so I think I have a lot of years left.

• Laura Batchelor

February 25, 2022 at 1:45 pm

My 91 year old husband is also disappointed in the later date – probably later than many others since we need the 1000 mile version, which apparently will be the very last ones made. He was SO excited about getting the Aptera, but now is depressed, thinking that he will not live long enough. We have been getting by with a 2002 F150 since 2017, and thought the solution to a lot of our transportation issues was within reach. ☹ I’m wondering if just having the chance to do a test drive/ride/sit so he could fondle one wouldn’t give him a reason to hang in there. Are ANY public events with an actual Aptera scheduled for the SE/East Coast? I really don’t want to wind up with a (very practical) 10 year old Civic instead of an Aptera!!

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

February 25, 2022 at 2:24 pm

Hopefully Aptera will make order of production intent a bit clearer as it nears. Two recent items from Aptera, first on the last webinar CA clarified that battery variants will start with the 40kwh, but that the other packs will be added and vehicles will be produced concurrently as each additional size is added. (Some people have thought that they would complete all the 40’s before moving on, this does not appear to be the case.) At the onset of reservations they appeared to indicate that the time to get all four sizes rolling would be measured in months not years. A recent forum post from Aptera indicated that they would try to deliver vehicles as close to places in the reservation queue as possible.

• Paul Evans

February 28, 2022 at 12:25 pm

Oz, I’m pretty far down the list so I changed my reservation to the 400 mile option to maybe get it a month or two earlier. Once they start deliveries of the 600 I’ll change to it if there’s minimal delivery time impact. I might even consider the 1,000 mile version.

• David Elsbernd

March 17, 2022 at 12:09 am

I hear you! But this should be no surprise. It’s very complicated to bring a new vehicle to market. I don’t expect my reservation will come up before 2025 at least. There are all kinds of jokes about project management and how long it takes to finish a project, for instance: <em style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; letter-spacing: 0px;” class=””>A badly planned project will take three times longer than expected – a well planned project only twice as long as expected.

Be thankful you do not have an Elio reservation.

• Ben Maurer

April 18, 2022 at 6:18 am

Life is not guaranteed and neither is the delivery of a vehicle so completely cutting edge as the Aptera.

I can understand your frustration at being dealt a short deck and that the Aptera might be on your bucket list. But, let’s consider the actual effect that the pandemic and its associated economic impact has made upon all things including Aptera.

I don’t mind your selfishness in light of your health concerns but I don’t support your vehemence at a company doing what it has to do to make a dream a reality.

Subnote: this forum website forces me to reply to Kayleigh instead of to Barry so sorry if the thread looks weird.

• Jerome Wiley

February 17, 2022 at 5:55 pm

Hi! It will be well worth the wait! Also — I’ve noticed some posters mentioning a reservation number, (23812, 21891, etc.) I’ve checked my reservation confirmation email and also my online Profile / Dashboard, but don’t see a reservation number anywhere. Where can I find this out?

• Curtis Cibinel

February 17, 2022 at 6:05 pm

You cant. They effectively eliminated meaningful sequencial reservation numbers ~6 months ago.

PS: Thanks Kayleigh for being active in the forums. Its nice to get official replies so things are a little less of an echo chamber. I really respect the difficulty of what the team is doing and want to see the car but without the mistakes from rushing too hard. Aptera is an amazing high performance EV sports car. It is the best range per dollar and performance (with AWD) per dollar option by a longshot. Solar, American made and Efficiency are just welcome bonuses.

• Kayleigh Venne

Administrator
        February 22, 2022 at 10:51 am

You’re welcome! Happy to be here in the forum, Curtis! And thank you for the kind words! We are glad you are a part of this movement!

• Thomas French

February 19, 2022 at 8:06 am

Go into “My Account”

Review Order then it shows an order number, not sure if that relates to a reservation number.

• Ray Holan

February 19, 2022 at 8:44 am

Jerome, this has been clarified a couple of times in forum posts. The order number is not a reliable way to determine where one is in the waiting list. It seems early on, the order number was a good indication of where you were in the queue, but later Aptera went to a different system and the order number somehow no longer indicated a place in line. The date of one’s reservation is a rough indicator of position, but even that might shift depending upon which Aptera configuration you have specified. In the end, we’re all waiting and hoping our Aptera will come sooner than later. Hang in there, man.

• Elzo Stubbe

February 19, 2022 at 9:28 am

if we all change the config to the 400 miles range, we all will get it on time…hahaha….

• Don Daniels

February 19, 2022 at 8:19 pm

I’ve thought about changing to the 400 mile version, which would be plenty for local driving but if you try to keep it between 20-80% charge that gives you an effective range of about 240 between charges, maybe even less at freeway speeds. I want to do some retirement road trips, and with changing stations sometimes sparse in the open west the extra range of my 600 mile option should remove all anxiety.

• Susan Pate

February 19, 2022 at 11:18 am

Another 73 year old, hoping for a sooner rather than later delivery! Maybe if we beg, they will deliver based on date of birth rather than date of purchase. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Susan Pate.
    • Ray Holan

February 19, 2022 at 11:38 am

Good one, Susan. That would work to my advantage also!

• John Trotter

February 22, 2022 at 5:44 pm

Works for me, but I suspect the pre-order list is older than you might expect.

• Paul Evans

February 28, 2022 at 12:33 pm

I like the way you think, Susan. I’m several years ahead of you so I’m wondering where we end up on the schedule. 🙄

• Thomas French

March 11, 2022 at 12:48 pm

Wahoo someone who likes your train of thought.

• Dan FitzSimmons

March 8, 2022 at 1:28 pm

I like this idea of using one’s date of birth order! Interestingly, being an old fart as well, I think we would be among the most enthusiastic, persuasive, and capable ambassadors although all hands on deck will be welcome, for sure. Many of us came of age at the early part of a greater environmental awareness and our hopes were high but time, obligations, and commitments got in the way for many. I think of Joni Mitchell’s line from ‘California’ ‘it was just a dream some of us had.’ Well, maybe our dreams for this wingless wonder are relatively close. Hooray!

• Tim Dean

March 8, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Please reach out to us and give us the opportunity to change our specifications for earlier delivery.

• V Pilot

March 9, 2022 at 8:09 am

You can change your specifications from your dashboard or the review order in you account at any time before aptera contacts you to finalize your purchase.

• John .K. Whaley

March 17, 2022 at 3:09 am

The best-laid plans of mice and men. Patience is a virtue, and fortunately, I have more than most.

Since it is only me, this vehicle is perfect. I am thinking mid-2013 early 2024. But then again being very optimistic. Right now I drive a Tesla Model Y. I will be ready to trade in late 2023.

• Danny Mattijetz

April 24, 2022 at 11:10 pm

Oh wow, time warp! If you get yours in mid 2013, I’d like to know how you did it.

• John .K. Whaley

April 25, 2022 at 2:51 am

You do realize that was fat fingers on my part, it should have read 2023😎

• Richard Ries

April 15, 2022 at 7:12 pm

Why can’t aptera put the approximate delivery date on our order in our profile? Has anyone taken possession of their aptera yet?

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

April 15, 2022 at 7:59 pm

Richard, no production models yet, Aptera hopes to begin delivery by the end of the year. Most users have a range of 2 years showing on their profiles at this time, the earliest reservers show 2022-2023.

• Patrick Liebknecht

April 16, 2022 at 8:47 pm

I was told by Q2 2023 was a good estimate for my order

• IA -1

April 23, 2022 at 1:01 pm

When did you place your order?

• John Malcom

April 23, 2022 at 9:12 pm

If you are a US customer possible. if you are an off shore to the US customer not before 2024

• david crowe

April 23, 2022 at 5:13 am

Just pre ordered today. This will be the perfect commuter vehicle for me. Fingers are crossed that their suppliers can overcome the supply chain issues everyone is facing.

• Christopher Belknap

May 7, 2022 at 10:37 am

Is anyone else getting this message when viewing their order details on the website?

“The site is in maintenance mode. This function may be down for a few hours.”

This message has been showing up for me for several days now. Is anyone at Aptera aware of this and looking into fixing it?

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

May 7, 2022 at 11:23 am

Working fine for me. One thing that has been noticed, this website is full of bugs. different people see different things (Regardless of the viewing platform, so it appears to be a website local problem, not a user local one.) You might have a function that I do not. (I don’t get notifications, or have access to PM’s to other users.) Best thing is to email them for your problem ( info@aptera.us. ) and see if they can help.

• Christopher Belknap

May 17, 2022 at 4:36 pm

I opened a support case with Aptera on 5/7, and as of 5/17 the issue with my order details is still not fixed. I wanted to at least let folks on the forum know that I’m still waiting for a fix and more than basic, canned responses that are effectively, “we are looking into it, and hope to have it fixed soon.” I’ve been going back and forth on my support case, and still nothing is resolved. I have to be honest, this doesn’t make me feel good. I’m still on the case, but this is getting tiresome and frustrating.

• Christopher Belknap

May 17, 2022 at 5:50 pm

About 30 minutes after I posted my latest reply to this thread and reached out to support about the case, my issue got fixed.

• Jim I

May 12, 2022 at 3:26 am

Here’s a question I couldn’t find while searching: Are there configurations we can spec that will ship sooner? I’d hate to be delayed by a year because I checked the dog option or something. In fact I’d probably be willing to take delivery of any spec if it puts me appreciably ahead in line as I’m sure many others here would as well.

• Ray Holan

May 12, 2022 at 5:08 am

Hi, Jim. I believe there have been comments from Chris A. on one of the past videos that production plans give priority to the 40kW configurations, then 25kW, followed by 60kW and 100kW variations. This is informed speculation and not hard fact. Seems to make sense to me as the 40kW is likely the most popular pre-order and the 60kW and 100kW variants require some suspension modifications to accommodate the extra weight.

• Jim I

May 12, 2022 at 5:10 am

I kind of assumed it would be this way but I also thought perhaps they’d favor the 25kWh pack while in a supply crunch for batteries. I’m an American reservation holder in 2022 so I’m sure no matter what I do I’m second half of 2023 no matter what. Just thought I’d ask though 😄

• Joshua Rosen

May 12, 2022 at 5:42 am

Chris said that they are doing 40KWh first quickly followed by 25KWh. The 25KWh pack is just a depopulated 40KWh pack so there will be little to no effort needed to produce the 25KWh version. They’ve done the engineering for the 60KWh pack, it doesn’t sound like they think that will be a big effort to get out. The 100KWh pack requires suspension changes, I’d guess that there will be a much bigger gap between the delivery of the 100KWh version then there will be between the 40KWh and the 60KWh.

• Jim I

May 12, 2022 at 5:54 am

Half of me would love to see them kill off the 600 and 1000 mile versions entirely. I have 2 BEVs in America that are under 2-300 miles in range as I’m sure most people here also own BEVs. The reality we all understand is 400 miles + solar replenishment is a glutinous amount of capacity as-is. I’d hate to see one 100kWh Aptera come off the line at the expense of four 25kWh Apteras while the world is paying 30-100% premiums on electric cars because we can’t make enough. It’s also more development and attention diverted from other things.

I’m willing to bet this thought is as the front of this company’s leadership minds at times. Especially since you’re presumably not increasing your margin with the 100kWh pack enough to justify it during a supply shortage.

The other half of me says they’re cool and should be made and on the road. Sure as heck going to be a few hundred people per city who can’t charge at home who could now sport the 100kWh pack and maintain charge with only having to DCFC or L2 charge a handful of times per year.

• Joshua Rosen

May 12, 2022 at 7:15 am

I disagree with you. I’m only interested in the 600KWh version. A car that can do over 400 real world miles without charging is a game changer, it means that I can drive all day without having to think about charging. My stops will be for our convenience only we won’t to have to plan around Superchargers. With the 400 mile version I’d still have to charge, if I still have to stop at chargers then it will be inferior to the Tesla that I already own. Tesla’s have the Supercharging network, they are fast, reliable and already in the all of the places that I need to do charging. Tesla also puts their Superchargers in better locations with short distances to the bathrooms, EA tends to be at Walmarts and giant shopping malls, F** that.

I don’t commute and I don’t care about the cost of driving, my Tesla is already cheap enough, solar is also worth absolutely nothing to me, I don’t get enough sunlight in my driveway to charge my solar lights let alone a car. What I do do is take long day trips that can be 300-450 miles long, we do that every Saturday. For example this Saturday we have a dinner reservation in Camden Maine, the round trip including our side trips will be about 400 miles. We will be stopping at Superchargers a couple of times on that trip, with the 600 mile Aptera we could do it without charging. With the 400 mile Aptera it would be more difficult than with the Tesla because there aren’t as many CCS chargers. The 400 mile Aptera would be a better choice than a regular CCS car on this route because the efficiency means that the awful 62KW CCS chargers that are available on this route will perform about as well as V2 Tesla chargers, for any other CCS car the charging times @62KW would be completely unacceptable.

• John Malcom

May 12, 2022 at 10:26 am

One use case out of thousands.

I think if/when the distribution of purchases is released, the 400mi will top the list significantly. One factor yet unresolved. If Aptera, on a long shot ends up with an arrangement with Tesla as Chris prefers, you will be using the same chargers that you do now.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  John Malcom. Reason: word change
            • Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

May 12, 2022 at 2:48 pm

My question is, even though it is likely that the 40kWh will be the highest demand, what part of that is driven by the unfortunately poorly communicated order of production, which gives what seems to be a great many people the idea that they can significantly change their wait by ordering it, while they may actually prefer another model?

• John Malcom

May 12, 2022 at 3:25 pm

Good point many will try to game the system to get an earlier delivery. May end up backfiring as the400mi production will become clogged as other variants come on line and they will end up waiting. As long or longer for their “400” than if they had kept their original varient

• John Malcom

May 17, 2022 at 6:22 pm

They need to produce the 1000 mi version as that is one of the two high visibility features (40 mi solar being the other one).that are discriminators for Aptera in the market place. They have said they can now must do it or loose credibility. Some on the forum have already expressed their desire/reservation for the 1000 mi version. Not too many of those my guess, so should not compete to vigorously with the number of other variants for battery resources especially since the 1000 mi variant is not scheduled until the end of the production ramp up cycle. Everyone has their own use case, there is no right or wrong decision on which variant to reserve. I reserved a 400 mi version that, if charged judiciously (Between 80% and 10%) should yield about 280 mi if I don’t drive it like a teenager. That is perfect for my use case.

Also no one on the forum knows what engineering has been done and is yet to do on battery and solar. All outside conjecture. Only Aptera knows and has not released any additional information at this point.

Another factor that bears heavily on a delivery schedule, is geo location. Outside US deliveries (Maybe with the exception of Canada) regardless of battery configuration, will not start until 2024. And of course, some that reserve Apteras will decide not to go through with the purchase.

Aptera will do their assessment of the delivery issue and fashion a solution that works well for their business and for those enthusiasts that are anxiously waiting for their vehicle. We can only wait patiently for our turn to come to the top of the list.

• Gary Greenway

May 12, 2022 at 5:51 am

If you were in the first thousand or two orders your choice of configuration may have made a difference. If you order now there are 20,000 orders ahead of you. Even at 50% reservation to actual sales conversion you’re looking at ~2 years before you get delivery. They should have the options supply worked out by then.

I believe the reasons for the 25/40 kWh batteries being shipped first is they’re designing that pack first. They can get more units out the door for the least cost by selling the small packs first. That gives them positive cash flow sooner. After the engineering and debug is done on the small packs, they can get to the larger packs. I’m guessing only a few months between the different pack sizes.

The same for the 3rd motor. The engineering is likely already done on the hardware but again its quick money to initially ship with 2 motors.

• Jim I

May 12, 2022 at 5:58 am

My reservation is 15XXX so I’ll be happy with Q3 2023-Q1 2024 delivery on a 40kWh, 3 motor.

I would just hate to be like a Rivian holder 2 years from now not taking a vehicle because of a minor thing too like interior color choice. I’m 100% confident that if you had spec’d your R1T a certain way you jumped ahead of the line with not much fore-notice at all from the manufacturer.

• John Malcom

May 12, 2022 at 10:22 am

Sound, practical, reasoning with an understanding of both the engineering and business factors. Hope others read and appreciate this perspective

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  John Malcom. Reason: correct spelling
  • David Marlow

May 12, 2022 at 3:46 pm

Chris recently said that there next prototype will be a Gama. To me this means that it will be the first fully functional if not final test vehicle. Assuming they have already started on this, it means they could be on schedule to ship the first production units before the end of the year. There is still a question about production of the motors and controllers. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

• John Malcom

May 12, 2022 at 4:52 pm

The delta prototype which follows gamma is the production ready version. Perhaps they can “Meld” the last two prototypes. There may be some adjustments following safety testing to account for.

Wheel motor production is resolved. Chris said Aptera will make them with parts coming from Europe, North America, and China.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  John Malcom. Reason: Corrected spelling
  • Marco Landin

May 13, 2022 at 11:48 am

Thanks for the update Kayleigh. Quick query: Is there an estimated number of vehicles Aptera estimates will be producing & delivering in 2023? You say “as many as possible”, but is there a general number you’re aiming for? I ask so that I may crunch theoretical numbers and arrive at a current estimated delivery date for my own Aptera, as I am customer in the #12000 range. Thanks!

• Che McKittrick

May 13, 2022 at 12:52 pm

It seems I’m in a different predicament than most. Ideally I wanted to have my house paid off before I bought a new car. I still have 5 years to go on my mortgage. So if delays happen or I’m pushed to the back of the queue, you won’t hear any complaints from me.

• Andrew Adams

May 13, 2022 at 8:45 pm

what’s crazy is my M550i has increased in value by $12k…. if this keeps up then my Aptera may be net neutral! Make it perfect!

• Curtis Cibinel

May 13, 2022 at 8:55 pm

When my old 2004 Pontiac vibe got written off I got $6600 cad for I car I had for 7 years and paid $5200 for. This market is nuts.

That said an Aptera price increase would not be that supprising given inflation and component cost; didn’t go well for Rivian but Aptera has a lot less cash.

• Patrick Liebknecht

May 14, 2022 at 4:01 pm

Some of us have waited 14 years

Blast from the past

https://youtu.be/r_JV6QUIu5s

https://youtu.be/OrQqCLRXl2w

We’ve been down this road. We hope we get to the end of it this time 😆

• RICHARD HARVEY

May 17, 2022 at 6:54 pm

I hadn’t though of the age factor but now see I have a lot of old fart company (currently 78) but I plan a lot of years driving enjoyment from my Aptera. Aptera is doing one hell of a job pulling this off. I am constantly amazed at how they are handling all the new and unique challenges of bring a new concept to existence. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!! Part of the motivation for acquiring the Aptera is to honor my father who past away some years ago but always dreamed of an electric vehicle like Aptera and I only wish he had lived to see it. May he will be able to see it, I will sure tell him all about it. Please keep up the fantastic work you are doing. I am looking forward to enjoying the fruits of your labors and dedication. Peace, Richard Harvey

Viewing 1 - 25 of 26 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now