Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images

• Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images

Peter Jorgensen updated 4 weeks, 1 day ago 44 Members · 133 Posts
  • Peter Jorgensen

August 12, 2021 at 11:46 am

Taking requests! Here are a bunch of photoshop renders of various color schemes and whatnot that I wanted to share. Use how you like.

Base models and colors

• Peter Jorgensen

August 12, 2021 at 11:47 am
    • Camille Mosley-Pasley

August 16, 2021 at 5:38 pm

Picking a custom wrap was hard enough but throwing 2 tones in the mix set my heart aflutter. Why stop there? Now I’m thinking a band of paisleys or water drops on a teal base. Decisions…decisions………. Welp, I have plenty of time to play in Photoshop and figure it out.

• Paul Evans

September 8, 2021 at 2:15 pm

Great job, Peter!

FYI – if you don’t have the 3M swatch book or for anyone that wants one, I found it on Amazon.

Go to: https://www.amazon.com/Wrap-Film-1080-Swatch-Sample/dp/B018PLCEKY It helps to see the actual proucts, especially the color flip effects in daylight by bending the sample.

The picture is misleading – what I received includes all of the 2080 series that are on their latest poster as far as I can tell. It also includes overlay samples which are clear films that are either textured (think carbon fiber or brushed effects) or, are fine-grained reflective or colored micro-dots.

It’s a little pricey at $26.98 with free Prime delivery and free returns. There are several EBay vendors the advertise lower prices but I trust Amazon and have never been comfortable with EBay.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 8, 2021 at 2:56 pm

Paul, I’m pretty sure that Aptera has not actually come out and said they will be using 3M. When I requested the potential vendor in January, they responded. “We don’t have exact details on the custom options at this time but will announce them soon. Please follow us on social media or sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest updates.” I haven’t seen anything definite since then. (If anyone has an actual Aptera response, please, let us know.) The 3M idea I recall came up in a thread, but I believe it was only speculation. (Yeah, it’s likely that it will be, but, who knows.)

• Charles Overbeck

September 8, 2021 at 10:09 pm

This is a great find Peter. I have ordered one myself. Hopefully the 3M 2080 Vinyl film series will be the what we can choose from with the “Custom Color” option upgrade available (which I have already added to mine)

• Ashley Stone

June 3, 2022 at 12:28 pm

I like the purple, but think I would prefer a matte finish

• Peter Jorgensen

• Peter Jorgensen

Multi-color paint schemes

• Curtis Cibinel

October 1, 2021 at 4:37 pm

Wow that two tone red is awesome. I’m thinking that with the wheel pods red would be super canadian eh. ????????

Note: The colors are all just wraps anyway so nothing stopping doing this yourself after the fact. I suspect the body panels all are the white, grey or black for the 3 standard colors.

• Peter Jorgensen

August 12, 2021 at 11:50 am

Scene renders

• BMW Bloch

September 2, 2021 at 8:32 pm

Dark red metallic looks great.

• Michael May

August 12, 2021 at 2:52 pm

These are awesome!

Can you do a Luna Full Solar off-road?

• Peter Jorgensen

August 17, 2021 at 10:15 am

I can’t edit posts yet on the forum so here it is:

• Riley …

August 13, 2021 at 1:44 am

This one is my favorite, thank you for making it.

• George Hughes

August 17, 2021 at 12:11 pm

I think what is needed is the wrap specifications based on the actual final spec body. More specifically, they should release the Aptera as a 3-D model that you can import into a wildly available program like Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw or even Google’s 3D program. Maybe choose a format that would likely be used by the sign and wrap companies.

This approach will ultimately help the brand as expanding the availability of the wraps to shops nationwide, means you can potentially source your ‘factory’ option wraps at a lower cost than you’d find at a shop in California. Maybe even bid a contract for 50 sets of a 20 popular color schemes to the thousands of shops capable of doing the work and figure your costs will be really low. Why? A particular shop will have in stock the inventory they are currently costing to do distinct schemes. One shop will do 3-schemes, another two, another five with this supplier and so on, because the lowest bids for each color scheme will be from shops able to produce them efficiently.

With some popularity, the cost of an ebay ad from one of the shops of a really cooool design, will make Aptera wraps ‘a thing’ like vape-box wraps. Oh, and that is free advertising.

I think what is needed from Aptera is their big picture attitude regarding wraps. I say this because I think the main effort at Aptera ought to be encouraging the aftermarket for wraps – i.e. making it real easy for wrap-type shops everywhere to bring their art to party.

• Jeff Vayda – Space Coast Amb

August 13, 2021 at 5:49 am

Impressive work. Two queries 1) Do you have a supplier lined up and if so 2) What is the availability of smaller custom ‘wraps’ (specifically thinking of a ‘solar electric’ badge or similar.

Thanks

Jeff

Space Coast Amb

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 13, 2021 at 5:58 am

Jeff, Peter is an Aptera fan and not an Aptera employee. These renderings are created by him as a service to the rest of us, to assist in ideas for our own vehicles. I am not sure, but some have mentioned that Aptera will use 3M wraps, requests for specialties should go through Aptera, but I have no idea if they are anywhere near dealing with requests along that line. (I want to know as well so I can consider some choices) Once again, Many Thanks to Peter for these illustrations.

• Mark Langenhoven

August 13, 2021 at 12:02 pm

That teal is really speaking to me. I’m hoping for a satin green chrome for my actual car.

• Charles Overbeck

August 13, 2021 at 10:41 pm

I really like the Satin Flip Caribbean Shimmer from the 2080 series. Really hoping this is an option for the Custom Color from Aptera

DOWNLOAD 2080 COLOR POSTER (PDF)

• Dean McManis

August 22, 2021 at 11:34 pm

Once I saw that Aptera was looking at 3M wraps I was also drawn to their Flip (photochomic) wraps, to really make the custom look something special!

• Peter Jorgensen

August 30, 2021 at 7:52 pm

Hey Charles – Here’s an attempt at that.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 14, 2021 at 6:08 am

The color flips are definitely in the area of my thinking as well, want to see what Peter does with these.

• Nigel Topper

August 14, 2021 at 11:01 am

I was thinking maybe the wheel wells could be a chrome wrap so they disappear into the road and make the car appear to float.

• Henry Kitt

August 14, 2021 at 11:16 am

I just can’t wait to see the custom interior options. I’m ok with either Noir or an all unwrapped gloss black exterior. The interior is where I want to leave nothing to be desired at this point. And it seems they’ve deviated from the interior colors featured in their Noir a bit. It’s nicer looking than their current Vida option, but maybe that’s a Paradigm edition color scheme…

• Paul Evans

August 14, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Does anyone know the 3M color specification that’s the closest match to the solar panels?

• Dean McManis

August 30, 2021 at 7:02 pm

2080 Gloss Boat Blue. It’s a dark navy color wrap.

• Mark Langenhoven

August 17, 2021 at 9:44 am

@Peter Jorgensen could you send me a full render of the green chrome / black version? I want that for my wallpaper.

• Lander Stoddard

August 17, 2021 at 4:23 pm

Thanks, Peter!

Just for fun, how about an Orca?

• Pistonboy Delux

August 22, 2021 at 10:55 pm

I can see this is going to be a very popular thread, for a very long time.

• Fanfare 100

August 30, 2021 at 10:59 am

Can somebody do a rendering of the Off-road version with full soar and the Gloss Flip Psychedelic *GP281 colour choice, pretty please?? ????????

• Peter Jorgensen

August 30, 2021 at 7:56 pm

I tried a bunch of things and this was about as close as I could get without trying to actively paint each color bit.

• rich garlick

August 30, 2021 at 6:09 pm

peter, can i see Ford’s Grabber Blue….love that color.

Thank You in Advance.

• Peter Jorgensen

August 30, 2021 at 7:58 pm

Like this? Or with some racing stripes?

• Donald Crittenden

September 1, 2021 at 8:58 am

OH, can you do one that has an exterior Vida/Black… where the bottom half matches the orange of the Vida interior? maybe with the door open so you can see the orange inside and outside??

• Duane Schmidt

September 10, 2021 at 8:30 am

To me, the Aptera seems inspired in part by the Gen 1 Honda Insight, and I owned a 2000 Insight that was Citrus Yellow Metallic (yellow-green) (the unique first year only color). I think that would be a great choice.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

September 12, 2021 at 5:45 pm

would thermal cooling improve with no wrap? what does aptera look like with no wrap? if i remember right, all advertised colors are wraps.

• Riley …

September 13, 2021 at 5:35 am

This is the picture of sol befor it was wrapped with white. I beleive the thermal cooling would be negatively effected by the vehicle being all black more than having an additional vinyl laying that makes it white.

• kerbe2705

September 28, 2021 at 9:01 pm

The belly panel is the radiating surface – so its color really doesn’t matter.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

September 17, 2021 at 7:18 am

old forum had post of about white paints that reflected solar heat much more normal paints. metallic looking mirror foil version may have similar effect, but sun glaring into other drivers eye may become a problem. much of the effect is due to materials difference not just color. https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-solutions/2021/04/16/urban-heat-white-paint/

• Peter Jorgensen

September 17, 2021 at 7:58 am

BASF developed a black paint recently that will stay cool. They used it on the Hugo Boss/Alex Thomson 60-foot carbon fiber ocean racing sailboat that circumnavigates the world in 60-100 days. Traditional black paint will make it incredibly hot inside and burn your feet on the deck and they didn’t want poor Alex to burn his feet while he’s out there all alone racing for 2 months. Traditionally they always had to paint the tops of those boats white to stay cool.

https://www.worldofchemicals.com/media/basfs-functional-pigments-keep-racing-yacht-cool/10702.html

• Henry Kitt

September 19, 2021 at 9:50 pm

Funny, the LC500 is one of the cars I was previously considering besides the Aptera, it sure is nice, both inside and out. Was between that, Cybertruck, and Mach E. Actually the new Corvette C8 is sort of better than the LC500. Aptera I’m still so interested to see what all the custom interior options are, but exterior as well I suppose.

• Peter Jorgensen

September 26, 2021 at 7:46 pm

USAF wraps anyone? Also, here’s a straight chrome wrap.

Viewing 1 - 25 of 63 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now