Aptera final price tag

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera final price tag

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera final price tag

• Aptera final price tag

• Wilson Tsai

December 5, 2021 at 10:05 am

How realistic do you think the final price tag of $25,900-$31,000 will be?

With supply issues, unforeseen snags, and the big elephant in the room: inflation, I think the entry price will be closer to $28k-$30k by the time customers start taking deliveries.

Simply look at Tesla and their bi-monthly price increases.

• Len Nowak Nowak

December 5, 2021 at 11:11 am

That is why I reserved at the price point that came up when I built my reservation pre order

What car doesn’t go up “after launch”.

My wife test drove a Ford Mustang Mach – e, the first one to hit in our area several months ago…and “that “dealership” was adding $5k to the sticker price”

Even my last new Honda Civic Si had “dealerships” applying ( not manufacturer applied) $5-&7k over sticker charges…. I just moved on to a dealership that accepted the sticker price! and other brands in mind, if that was a game “dealerships” were playing

As you know Aptera has no dealerships.

I don’t see the manufacturer Aptera Motors Corporation paying games IMHO. They have a business to start up and standby.

• Elzo Stubbe

December 5, 2021 at 11:35 am

The offer is clear. The reservation has been done. The price is what I agreed upon!

• Nathan Hubbard

December 6, 2021 at 11:57 am

I’m sure you’ll be allowed to cancel your order if you’re not willing to pay for it.

• John Malcom

December 6, 2021 at 11:58 am

Maybe not.

If you have a reservation, log into Aptera, click on “My account” then click on “Your dashboard” You will see a message that says “View or edit your preorder” The reservation is not an order. it may reserve your price, but nothing I have read says that.

When your reservation comes up, that is when you place your order for the version you want with changes if you want to make them. Your deposit will be credited to the sales price at that time as well as any investment credit or referral credit you are due.

The price may be higher at that time. The longer we wait for production to start the greater the probability of the price going up either through ordinary inflation or driven by increased logistics costs for parts.

The price we “Reserved” was a price set nearly a year ago and not accounting for all of the turmoil associated with COVID.

I believe the 10% mentioned in some of the posts on this thread are quite possible. Remember, Aptera is a company that needs to make profit from operations as a start up with little or no capital to hold the price with discounts.

At any reasonable price this is a great car. For those of us in the US, there is the possibility of a federal incentive to help cushion any price increase. For those outside of the US, I assume it would depend on your local incentives if any to help with price.

• Richard Palmisano

December 6, 2021 at 5:17 am

My configuration is $40k.

I honestly DO NOT expect that this price is set in stone. I do expect it to be close within a margin of 10% however, because if not, something isn’t jiving with their fundamentals.

• Peter Jorgensen

December 6, 2021 at 7:33 am

I’ll be happy if it’s within 10% of target!

• David Marlow

December 6, 2021 at 11:55 am

When Aptera set the pre order prices the economy was stable but there was no guarantee of an incentive for three wheel vehicles. We know that all costs are going up but there should be a tax credit available. So final cost should still be around what we were originally quoted. If not all of our preorders are changeable or can be canceled with a full refund.

Aptera has a history of keeping its promises.

• Joshua Rosen

December 6, 2021 at 12:34 pm

The price of a Model Y has gone up 20% in the last year, that’s for a car that was already in production. Tesla knows exactly what goes into a Model Y and they control more of their supply chain that anyone let alone a startup like Aptera but market and supply chain conditions have changed a lot in the last year and their prices reflect that.

The prices on Aptera’s website reflect a bunch of wild ass guesses as to what their costs would be. A year ago they didn’t have a VP of manufacturing, didn’t know who their battery supplier would be, didn’t know the final form of the vehicle which is just going into beta now and they most certainly didn’t know about how tight the supply chain would be. The legacy companies have empty dealer lots because they couldn’t predict the shortages in the supply chain, these are companies that have been building cars for a century, companies that track every nut and bolt, companies that know as much as there is to know about what it takes to build a car.

Things could change a lot in the next year also. The chip shortage will probably ease but the battery shortage is going to persist for years.

No one knows what the final prices will be.

• Guy SKEER

December 8, 2021 at 4:21 am

Purchasing –

I am appealing to any who have bought a Vehicle New, in a State Not Their Own: How are Purchase Taxes Handled? Pay Ca Taxes, then Transport to Home State…annnd?

• Gabriel Kemeny

December 8, 2021 at 5:20 am

Then you title/register and pay taxes in your home state. There should be no CA taxes if you register elsewhere.

• BigSky Country

December 8, 2021 at 8:22 am

I’m not expecting the price to be fixed between now and launch. Aptera has sold us on an idea so far. This is true for the investors as well. This proposition has be serve both purposes. The more of us they get to sign on, the more valuable the company is from an investment standpoint. A lot of things can happen between now and launch. Supply chain, test learning and design modifications, dropping features they can’t get past the regulations (e.g. mirrors?). Don’t be surprised if the first cars are not only more expensive, but don’t fulfill the complete efficiency promise. Their 100 Whr/mile that they use to estimate range cannot be linear for the different battery sizes as the car gets heavier. Obviously, as launch gets closer, they will need to sense how many of these orders are real and the risk of cancellations should the proposition or pricing change in a significant way. It is not in their interest to play games, so I don’t think they will, but they will need to deal with reality as the final car design and cost becomes clearer.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now