• Aptera for Kids Storybook

George Hughes updated 4 months ago 13 Members · 22 Posts
  • Curtis Cibinel

February 23, 2022 at 11:05 am

Lol check this out – Aptera childrens book video πŸ™‚

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC9Y5bt7LTw

• Ray Holan

February 23, 2022 at 11:32 am

Pretty cute product propaganda. Kudos to the writers and video creation team!

• John Malcom

February 23, 2022 at 5:05 pm

Very nice! Good to see the Aptera kids participate.

I will show it to my VERY conservative neighbor. He will claim that it is the same as Natzi propoganda trying to corrupt our children. He drives a Ford F250 and his wife a Suburban.

I will get a chuckle out of his reaction. I expect he will have a heart attack when I first park my Aptera in my driveway

• Llewellyn Evans

February 26, 2022 at 5:59 pm

Luckily you will be driving a giant defibrillator.

• John Malcom

February 26, 2022 at 6:25 pm

LOL! 😜

• Thomas Bushaw

February 24, 2022 at 1:04 pm

Very cute. How about a little field trip to the San Diego Zoo to demo the β€œstrong enough to support two elephants on the roof”? πŸ˜‚

A demo like this would remind me a bit of the early (1990-91) Lexus commercials. Remember the pyramid of wine glasses on the hood? The ball bearing rolling along the body panel gaps?

• Kayleigh Venne

Administrator
      February 24, 2022 at 3:13 pm

Hi there! LOL, Thomas this is a great idea and gave me a chuckle. πŸ˜‚ I was at the Zoo the other day. Maybe I’ll see what kind of strings I can pull. πŸ˜‰And thank you everyone for the kind words about our video! We’re very proud of it and had a lot of fun including the kids. πŸ™‚

• Steven G. Bueche

February 25, 2022 at 4:32 am

Cute. Now if we could get those kids to belly up some cash for a car.

Without seeming too Grinchy here. I don’t get it. Who is this meant for? Was it an exercise for the marketing team? I personally couldn’t watch the whole thing as it seemed like an episode of Reading Rainbow. Are we recruiting kids for the cause? Wouldn’t a toy Aperta do the same and bring in revenue?

My point, if I am making one is it kind of upset me that this video is longer in duration than anything that has been put out about any other prospect of the car to include Updates, Track Testing, Suspension, Body, Progress and the like.

Granted it’s cute and maybe someday will play in schools or before a movie screening of How to Train Your Dragon but other than that I don’t see the benefit of the time and resources put into this when it could have been something more professional for the investors, reservation holders or potential clients. Are other start ups making commercials for kids?

Now maybe this was something to keep the kids from driving mommy and daddy crazy and to make them leave me alone at work. Cool, I get it. But could someone explain to me just how this benefits a startup company? This is not McDonalds’ and this cartoon is not a happy Meal.

This seems rather harsh but sometimes I just see marketing going two steps forward and one step back.

• Riley ________________________________

February 25, 2022 at 5:01 am

Bring your kid to work day or maybe a type of propaganda for kids either way Looks like a good bit of practice for their in house advertising team. I agree that a more technical video would be better served to us reservation holders but you never know maybe this kind of new comercial angle can generate a unique buzz that helps aptera. I hope they do come out with a scale model toy to sell I would definitely buy one.

• Ray Holan

February 25, 2022 at 6:23 am

I appreciate your viewpoint on the video, Steven. I think it’s healthy for us on the forum to highlight the “shadow side” of marketing steps that are being taken. I believe we shouldn’t be a group of yes-men or yes-women for every design decision or marketing decision Aptera makes. Dialogue and respectful dissent should be welcome here.

It seems that marketing alternates between what I would call “feel good” pieces without much substance (e.g. the Luna “reveal” video) and pieces with some technical details that appeal to my car-geek side (e.g. Aptera at the track). Clearly, the kids video falls into the former category.

• Jon_J

February 25, 2022 at 1:59 pm

Well, kids can certainly influence parents’ buying (and investing) decisions, I know that firsthand. Kids also arguably have a larger vested interest in the healthy future of our planet than the apparently older crowd that frequents these forums. Makes sense to me to appeal to kids.

I, for one, do like the larger variety of Aptera content I’ve been seeing lately. This includes a fan made website, fan made music video, more YouTubers posting content and this video that appeals to a very young crowd. I’ve seen a lot of progress videos from Aptera and, while I like them, Aptera should be keeping some information proprietary to maintain a competitive advantage.

• Steven G. Bueche

February 26, 2022 at 2:42 am

So let’s put this on the Kids UTube channel and track how many kids influenced their parent to spend $25K lol

As an adult kids don’t influence how I spend my money. Now days kids drive the hand me downs from their parent because little Johnny still lives with them and doesn’t want to be a slave to the banking system.

I don’t know maybe it’s a California thing.

Even if some kid likes the car your return is far down the road.

We’re selling cars and not influence. OK you’ve got 16K plus reservations and the capability to expand your production land in the new building. Once you’ve got your production running smoothly do you want to wait until Junior grows up to but one or do you want cash spending people lined at the door forcing you to expand sooner than later?

Get a 1000 mile car out there to prove your concept and the sales will flood in. Claiming 1000 miles can be done by all those who fell by the way side. Making it happen proves a viable product. Then run your production however you see fit.

• Jon_J

February 26, 2022 at 1:12 pm

The current Aptera fanbase probably has an oversized representation from Jay Leno fans. “Jay Leno fans, why would that be and why would we be advertising to Jay Leno fans?”, you might ask. Of course, if you’ve seen the Jay Leno’s Garage video on YouTube featuring the Aptera alpha prototype that has hundreds of thousands of views, you would know where I’m coming from.

My point here is that we don’t want to advertise Aptera as a niche vehicle to a narrow segment of the population, that segment that we would think would find the Aptera appealing. Aptera should cast a wide net and see what gets caught. Aptera doesn’t need to produce another advertisement to target me, for sure. That would be a waste. I’m already very familiar with the vehicle and my mind is made up.

Consider the single working parent watching videos on YouTube with their 1.5 year old. Watching the Aptera video with their toddler may be how they find out about the Aptera. Whereas normally they don’t have the time to go browsing the internet for topics that interest them, this kids video might just bring the content to them.

• Ronald Miller

February 26, 2022 at 3:35 pm

Have to agree with Steven. I know there are a lot of ‘green’ folks in the audience and I respect their positions, but we need to be focused on the niche Aptera so brilliantly fills. Lets get that 1000 mile mule running around the track and then market the heck out of it – efficiency, range, safety, and oh yes – good for the planet! πŸ™‚

• Jon_J

February 26, 2022 at 9:25 pm

If the niche isn’t the ‘green’ folks, then who is it? Are you suggesting the niche is people that want to go 1000 miles at a stretch? Why then would Aptera be building the 1000 mile versions last? Sounds like everyone is convinced they know what the ‘niche’ is, but everyone is thinking of their own personal preference. Nobody here is a market analyst. Everyone is pretending to be one. πŸ˜„

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

February 26, 2022 at 2:55 pm

Don’t know why it took this long to come to me, but, a kids book for a car a kid probably can’t be allowed to ride in until they reach a certain age or size, or for them to stay home, while mom and dad go out for a spin.

• Steven G. Bueche

February 26, 2022 at 4:36 pm

Oz, I see your point and raise you one.

I see this as the car for the single person, the couple without kids (lots of 30ish people don’t even want kids) Singles with pets or the secondary car (My case) The wife says Single Men. lol

<font face=”inherit”>It also could appeal to those who hate the Gasoline Industrial Complex, scam </font>mechanics<font face=”inherit”>, Dealership </font>shenanigan’s<font face=”inherit”> and of course saving the amount of green house gases. </font>

<font face=”inherit”>Or people who just want electric and not the $50K price tag. Or something that’s the size of a cereal box and only gets 50 mile range at 30 MPH ( I call them fancy golf carts ) and will get crushed when hit by a </font>Volkswagen or a loaded shopping cart.

• Jon_J

February 26, 2022 at 9:38 pm

“Probably can’t be allowed to ride in until they reach a certain age or size” – Rather than ‘probably’, someone should figure this out. My simple internet search indicated that it is legal to use a car seat in a coupe as well as a regular pickup truck. I don’t know why an autocycle would be different. Being able to disable the passenger airbag is likely a relevant feature for this Aptera use case.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

February 27, 2022 at 5:51 am

My mistake in that case. Having no children, it’s not something I deeply researched or really have to consider. I merely looked at the basic rules as shown by a search for car seats, and didn’t see any obvious exceptions, just references to smaller children must be in the back seat.

• Raj Giandeep

February 28, 2022 at 7:41 pm

Nobody has mentioned this on the store listing. Nice to see the money going toward #TeamTrees

All proceeds from the book will go towards #TeamTrees. For every book purchased, one tree will be planted in a forest of high need around the globe.

Got the books in the mail today. Here is a quick look at them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVKylsu5Fak

• Curtis Cibinel

February 28, 2022 at 8:23 pm

It’s a great initiative; I donated $50. I don’t have kids so I see little point in the book but I did send the video to a few people.

• George Hughes

March 3, 2022 at 9:59 am

We ought to get together and send a `3-D model Aptera to the Mack Hogan and smooze him a bit. It is obvious to me at least he understands the challenge is ‘our wisdom vs. our unfettered wants.’

Let me say that while I understand the imperative for efficiency, our embrace of the ICE has skewed our expectations widely.

Consider for instance the mpg of a 42 eMPG means it is more than competitive with these PHEVs

• 2022 Lexus UX 250h 2.0 L, 4 cyl, Automatic (AV-S6), Regular Gasoline 42 MPG combined.
    • 2022 Ford Escape FWD HEV 2.5 L, 4 cyl, Automatic (variable gear ratios), Regular Gasoline 41 MPG combined.
    • 2022 Ford Escape AWD HEV 2.5 L, 4 cyl, Automatic (variable gear ratios), Regular Gasoline
    • 40 MPG combined.
    • 2022 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid AWD 2.5 L, 4 cyl, Automatic (AV-S6), Regular Gasoline 40 MPG combined.
    • 2022 Lexus UX 250h AWD 2.0 L, 4 cyl, Automatic (AV-S6), Regular Gasoline 39 MPG combined.

Certainly the RAV 4, Lexus or even Escape are not known for being anything but advanced mainstream SUVs.

Of course the point is that when making a 20-mile one-way commute sitting alone in ANY SUV is an exercise in overkill. You don’t need a 4500 lb vehicle to carry one person that distance although if you regularly transport ed six or seven people in a car pool, that would be considered efficient.

And while the 42 mpge Hummer coming in at 9000lbs is grossly excessive for the task of a 20 mile single-occupant commute, by focusing on it and giving the RAV4 a bye is just hypocritical.

Still, I think Mr. Hogan ought to be engaged.

BTW, I couldn’t find the customer comments on Road and Track. Does one need to subscribe to see those?

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now