Aptera models ordered based by range.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera models ordered based by range.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera models ordered based by range.

• Aptera models ordered based by range.

• Richard Glavish

September 18, 2022 at 2:19 pm

<div>
    </div><div>

I think it would be very interesting to know how many orders have been made for each production model based on range. I know most have been made on the 400 but considering i ordered the 600 and that will be the 2nd model produced I am curious how easy it will be to fulfill orders based on that models popularity and order count. I also assume the 1000 mile version has the least amount ordered just from cost and weight considerations so it may be easier to fulfill those orders because of the lower order count on the 1000 model.

</div>

• Len Nowak

September 18, 2022 at 2:28 pm

Yes 40kWh very popular

After the 40 kWh Paradigm, then 25 kWh, 40, kWh, followed by the 60kWh,100 kWh seems to be the sequence and at that time (full production ) all be made…

No idea and reservation split

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Len Nowak.
    • OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 18, 2022 at 2:59 pm

Len, during the Ambassador factory tour, and heard on Raj’s video, CA is talking/showing batteries and he said that the 400 packs first, and then said the 600s second, 250s third and 1,000s last, so there will be a lot of folks quoting that from now on, no one questioned it at the time. Now it’s totally possible that may now be the plan, I think it’s a good possibility that it was merely misspoken, there was a lot going on, and the talk was unscripted so it could have been an easy mistake (There are plenty of little slips by various folks during the event, it happens, at one point CA referred to the Gamma as Beta.). I would expect that to be a fairly big announcement, so I’ll wait for something more official myself.

• Len Nowak

September 18, 2022 at 4:43 pm

Yes I’ll wait for a clarification from Aptera while all this stuff settles….Thx

• Michael Marsden

September 19, 2022 at 5:37 am

A few months ago the sequence was 400, 250, 600, 1000, but recently they’ve been saying 400, 600, 250, 1000.

I feel the difference is due to production bottlenecks changing. I.e., if batteries are in plentiful supply compared to other stuff, then you’d want to do the longer range versions first, in order to maximise your ramping revenue. Whereas if batteries were the bottleneck, and other stuff was plentiful, then you’d probably want to do the shorter range models first, for the same reason.

Also, they said recently the 600 and 1000 will be using physically larger cells than the 400 battery (2170s). So they probably have a second-source supply of them, in which case might as well take advantage of it …

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 21, 2022 at 12:36 pm

Len,

Clarification received…

From info@aptera.us

“Thanks for asking about this! It was misspoken, our apologies! The planned order at this time is still 400, 250, 600 and then 1,000. Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance!

Driving solar mobility forward,
          Nicole Hall
          Community Success Associate”

• Curtis Cibinel

September 18, 2022 at 2:35 pm

Nothing official but i ran a Facebook survey. Note: this was before they announced the 400 would be made first.

Based on this sample the 250 is by far the least popular.

Ps: yes I know about the typo with the 1000 – editing would have messed up the survey

• Richard Glavish

September 18, 2022 at 2:52 pm

so the 600’s should be easier to fulfill and the rumor is they will be the 2nd production phase after they make some 400’s first. Sure will be nice to make it from Florida to Asheville NC on almost a single charge. Just a few miles short from where I live but that is still pretty cool in my book.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 18, 2022 at 3:02 pm

Actually, Aptera had stated before reservations began that the 1,000s would be fourth, and on the first day of reservations stated the 400/250/600/1,000 order.

• Richard Glavish

September 18, 2022 at 3:37 pm

I believe it was mentioned at the event.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 18, 2022 at 3:54 pm

I was referring to the poll being taken before the info on the 400s being first was known. The info was out well before the poll.

• Romeo Salcedo

September 18, 2022 at 2:41 pm

how many pre orders so far?

• Curtis Cibinel

September 18, 2022 at 2:43 pm

33k was stated by one of the engineers at fully charged.

• Richard Glavish

September 18, 2022 at 2:48 pm

over 45k a few days ago

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 18, 2022 at 3:03 pm

Richard, No.

• Richard Glavish

September 18, 2022 at 3:38 pm

i was just going by my order number. Are you saying that is not accurate?

• Curtis Cibinel

September 18, 2022 at 3:43 pm

Those numbers reset Sept 2021 and include canceled orders and orders for swag like hats/shirts. Detailed analysis has been done in other threads. Your date compared to the announced definitive milestones is really the only metric. Given release order also includes features selected and location the absolute number isn’t critical. Conversions of reservations to orders will not be 100% depending on people’s priorities and financial situations as they come up

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 18, 2022 at 3:51 pm

👍

• Romeo Salcedo

September 18, 2022 at 5:22 pm

i was just wondering if fully charged genrated any positive inteerest. maybe more reservations

• Curtis Cibinel

September 18, 2022 at 5:28 pm

Very likely it did but without knowing the order number immediately prior and from someone now we cant know how much of a reservation spike it created. They definitely made a splash at Fully Charged so I wouldn’t be surprised if they got 2000-5000 reservations. We will know when they announce the number again (probably along with the first Delta details).

• John Voules

September 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm

The APTERA stand had rockstar status no doubt. I do believe though most who came for the Gamma review already were following the company and may have already placed a reservation.

Now for the good part…those who were in attendance that knew nothing about APTERA were extremely happy to experience a new vehicle. I was in line to test drive an Arcimoto and happen to be next to an Arcimoto investor. We both had a lengthy conversation in line speaking about the virtues of our investment choices. At the end of it all that evening he ended up laying his $70 towards and order for an APTERA. Will try and convince now to kindly invest in a company that he just ordered a vehicle from.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  John Voules.
  • Richard Glavish

September 19, 2022 at 1:58 pm

Just a side note, it was in the factory tour video where Chris mentioned the production change. He stated the 400’s battery packs are first in line, than the 600’s battery’s second and 250’s battery produced 3rd followed by the 1000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i5hwus4SMg 12:00 min in

• Michael Marsden

September 20, 2022 at 11:53 am

I’m pretty sure it was mentioned in one of the Fully Charged Live videos too, but can’t find it now (there are so many). Possibly one of the after-hours ones when the public has gone home.

• Douglas Smith

September 20, 2022 at 12:27 pm

In practical use, I think I could get by with the 250 battery. I also have this dream of driving the Aptera cross country from Seattle to Iowa to visit relatives. For me, the 1000 mile battery setup was very expensive. (Nearly $10,000 more for the extra 400 miles. So, value wise, the 600 made the most sense to me. That is more miles than I would want to drive on most days. A rapid charge would get me back up and running fairly quickly and that would be a good time for a break.

• Richard Moore

September 20, 2022 at 1:14 pm

My thinking exactly Doug. We initially had the 400 but changed to the 600 for more real world mileage of around 450/500 interstate miles. That’s about as far as I like to drive in one day anyway. And if I want to push on a short stop at a fast charger will get me to the end. At daughters house in CO.

• Richard Glavish

September 20, 2022 at 2:53 pm

<div>The 600 seemed like the way to go if you want to do more than commute and go on adventures. I can make it from central Florida almost all the way to Asheville NC on a single charge. 18 miles short but that is still pretty awesome to me.</div><div>

Driving my truck and towing my camper I am dumping money at gas stations, not to mention for the aptera less stopping and refueling= faster arrival time if you don’t need to recharge. It also means less time spent in dodgy towns trying to get gas. Anyone that travels knows exactly what I’m talking about lol.

</div>

• Russell Fauver

September 20, 2022 at 5:40 pm

600 miles for me too. We have family in opposite directions. It’s 630 miles to one side of the family and 580 miles the other. The 600 mile version allows us to stop at our leisure and plug in while taking a break. Hoping it’ll work out where driving an EV won’t add any time to the trips.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now