Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera! Q&A with Chris Anthony

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera! Q&A with Chris Anthony

• Aptera! Q&A with Chris Anthony

John Malcom updated 2 months, 3 weeks ago 15 Members · 17 Posts
  • Joshua Rosen

April 7, 2022 at 5:45 pm

• Joshua Rosen

April 7, 2022 at 5:47 pm

There are a lot of things that haven’t been finalized yet, hope they can still start shipments by the end of the year.

• Llewellyn Evans

April 7, 2022 at 6:01 pm

When a project is running out of time, full commitment to a good decision now is better than a perfect decision later.

• Morris Wilder

April 7, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Nice interview! Would love to hear more about the onboard tech, yolk (after reading all the concerned comments) and climate control system in the near future. C’mon Noir 😁

• Scott Price

April 7, 2022 at 11:05 pm

Terrific interview. It was interesting, on-point, and relevant. Thank you to Steve for putting this together and thank you to Chris for his open approach and helpful answers. Aptera team, please invite Steve back more often!

• Lou Verner

April 8, 2022 at 7:11 am

Chris’s comment about difficulty in matching color of all parts if go with mold infusion interesting…didn’t know there are apparently panels that go over basic composite body. That’s part of argument favoring wrap, but still not buying his claim that wraps will hold up for as long as 20 years if not living in Corpus Christi! Bet not, even in moderate climes, if one leaves out in sun to maximize solar charge.

• Peter Jorgensen

April 8, 2022 at 8:49 am

A lot of the wakeboard boats are probably stored indoors or under covers also. I guess we’ll have to see. They should be fine for 10 years but may not last 30.

• Joshua Caldwell

April 8, 2022 at 7:18 am

I heard Chris mention they are already one Gamma phase and physical crash testing already done, and that was the source of some redesigns and they are planning another set this year.

• Bob Kirchner

April 8, 2022 at 8:39 am

The physical crash testing that was done was during Aptera’s earlier iteration in the X-Prize days. There have been enough changes to the design this time around, and the standards have changed enough, that they will need to be done again.

• Peter Jorgensen

April 8, 2022 at 8:54 am

From the old Aptera 2E company:

https://youtu.be/cAk9D5VXGa4

• Jonah Jorgenson

April 8, 2022 at 3:37 pm

Perhaps tinnitus? Chris indicated that crash testing WILL be done by a third party not that it has been done for this version of Aptera. Crash testing was done for the Aptera built by the original company that was dissolved. I believe they are “Evolving” their prototypes so some work may be done on what will become a Gamma but they are not through testing betas. A very, very, very near production ready vehicle needs to be complete for crash testing.

• Ray Holan

April 8, 2022 at 11:20 am

Super interview. To this Aptera reservation holder, this is worth 50 of the “feel good” Aptera videos.

• Gary Greenway

April 8, 2022 at 2:22 pm

Absolutely!

You’d think by now they’d figure out that we know they’re happy that we take an interest in Aptera, that our question is a good one, that they’re not going to tell us now, that they will be happy to tell us later this year, and that they’re happy that we’re in their movement to make the world a better place.

I’m not interested in joining a cult. Just let me buy the car.

• IA -1

April 8, 2022 at 1:16 pm

So no cooled/ventilated seats for the first production batch, only heated seats.

• Paul Kirchner

April 8, 2022 at 2:48 pm

Absolutely liking Chris being so open and transparent about every single rationale behind the vehicle. Makes believing in the company so much easier when you think no one is trying to pull a fast one on you.

Making something new means there will always be things to figure out as you go through the process.

More information from Aptera is always better than less.

• Laura Batchelor

April 10, 2022 at 1:43 pm

I am curious about where the sub-assemblies are coming from – specifically if getting parts from China will become an issue with all of the geopolitical issues going on for the foreseeable future. I know that it’s common in most manufacturing to get parts globally, but I sure would feel better if they were actually made here. (Skip the “cost is cheaper overseas”/”no manufacturing left in the US”/”uneducated workforce” lectures. I acknowledge all of that. But if you can’t get the parts because of ongoing disruptions, production will grind to a stop.)

• John Malcom

April 10, 2022 at 8:44 pm

Wow, A great video with lots of good information and answers to questions bouncing around the forum. Not unexpected as it is consistent with Aptera’s openness throughout vehicle development. Kudos to a CEO who will take time out from a hectic schedule to patiently submit to an interrogation.

I support moving forward with a minimal set of features with low risk of implementation/production and avoiding all of the bells and whistles that may add risk, cost, and schedule extension for initial production. There is so much useful innovation in the vehicle as is right now. We need to get it to the market soonest.

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now