Aptera Re-opens Investment Offering at $10.50 per Share

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Re-opens Investment Offering at $10.50 per Share

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Re-opens Investment Offering at $10.50 per Share

• Aptera Re-opens Investment Offering at $10.50 per Share

Riley … updated 5 hours, 50 minutes ago 20 Members · 31 Posts
  • Quincy

Administrator
    August 30, 2022 at 4:55 pm

It’s official, the Aptera Motors investment offering has re-opened – you can now invest in Aptera at $10.50/share as we continue on our journey to bring solar mobility to life.

In the last three months, we’ve been hard at work on our Gamma vehicle, the third stage of our four stage development roadmap. Now that we’ve moved into our final assembly location in Carlsbad, California, the next six months will be focused on supply chain and manufacturing build-out with the goal of ramping to full-scale production in 2023. As of today we’ve received over 30,000 reservations representing over $1 billion in total pre-order value. Strategic agreements with Red Viking, Elaphe, and Yazaki are just a few of the supply-side agreements we’ve cemented to bring us closer and closer to a commercial launch.

We couldn’t be more excited about what’s to come for Aptera – the support from our community of investors and fans like you is what makes it all possible. We invite you to learn more about investing in Aptera at this link, and we can’t wait to share the journey towards a solar future with you all.

You can contact our support team via email at invest@aptera.us. Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions.

• Romeo Salcedo

August 30, 2022 at 9:04 pm

Base: invalid investment region HI<br clear=”none”>

I tried to invest with my credit card but got the reject statement above. What do I do now? I never had this problem before.

please help

romeo salcedo

• Randy Graham

August 31, 2022 at 4:16 pm

I was so excited to see the next round open up and started filling out the form within minutes of receiving the email.

I was very disappointed at the last step when attempting to sign the agreement. I got this error message;

“Base: invalid investment region HI

I can purchase a vehicle from here but I can’t invest !?
    I asked for an explanation and just received this answer via email;

“Hello Randy,
    Thank you for contacting Aptera Motors Investor Support.
    Do to new banking regulations regarding Reg A investments, our escrow agent is no longer able to operate in Hawaii.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding the offering or investment process & we will be happy to assist!
    Best,
    Aptera Motors Investor Support”

Here I am with money in my hand reaching out to support and you can’t accept it.

Reservation holder in Honolulu here ! And investor if I, or you, can figure out a way to let us in Hawaii invest !
    Come on Aptera !!! I know we are not a huge state but 1.4 million potential investors are being shut out unless there is a remedy for this.
    Take My Money, Please !

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 31, 2022 at 5:16 pm

If I may suggest, The invest portal is run by a contract company and not by Aptera itself, I and others have had difficulties getting items attended to by them on occasion. The folks at Aptera are helpful and interested in helping all investors, reservation holders, and other interested parties. I suggest a courteous email, to info@aptera.us with a description of your problem and a request for a solution, which is as much in their advantage as yours. I am aware of instances where Aptera has prodded the invest company with great success.

• Randy Graham

August 31, 2022 at 5:29 pm

The reply I received was from support@apteramotors.zendesk.com, I assumed it was from Aptera and not a contracted company. I appreciate your suggestion and will email them. I hope that if that reply was not from Aptera then maybe there is still an opportunity to get in on this round.

• Romeo Salcedo

August 31, 2022 at 9:50 pm

I guess I will invest in lucid stocks then!

• John Malcom

September 1, 2022 at 7:31 am

bad move. Lucid is losing value (Stock price moving down) and aggressively looking for more money. Maybe not the right time

• Romeo Salcedo

September 2, 2022 at 4:44 pm

How can I get my money back from my current Aptera investment? I am ready to give up and take my investment money somewhere else. It might be a small problem for Aptera, but if this the answer we get I dont feel confident to go on with them.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 2, 2022 at 5:00 pm

From an investment? You don’t, while the reservation fee can be refunded, when you invested with Aptera for future tradeable shares, you were told multiple times throughout the transaction that, basically, you’re in for the long run until a triggering event happens. (IPO, SPAC) and that there is no guarantee you will ever see any of that money again. But be comforted, all signs point to a nice return when the shares become tradeable.

• Christopher Carter

September 2, 2022 at 5:03 pm

Pretty sure that’s a sunk cost mate

• Robert Horton II

September 27, 2022 at 5:50 pm

Well look Canoo stock, :GOEV and Lordstown Motors :RIDE. Isn’t $10 a share high by comparison (especially for non voting shares)?

• Jeanne V

September 1, 2022 at 10:13 am

Tongue-in-cheek comment, I suppose. Certainly not good investment advice. Hard pass on LCID for me from what my DD tells me.

• John Voules

September 1, 2022 at 12:24 pm

Hey Romeo, I just helped my daughters godfather invest in APTERA. Is there anyway I can also help you? Is it possible that u maybe using your phone? Sometimes certain activities on my phone doesn’t allow me to do certain transactions and I end up doing it on my PC.

• Glenn Blaze

September 13, 2022 at 2:24 pm

I bought Lucid last year. Its down $20. Lol

• Rupert Jung

September 6, 2022 at 12:24 pm

Sorry, I still don’t get this right. Let’s assume I invest 8.000 bucks in Aptera and they’ll successfully launch their vehicle but are not selling transferable shares and are not being bought by another company.

Will I even get my money back than or any return of investment…? What rights against Aptera do I even have by buying this “non-shares” ..?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Rupert Jung.
    • OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 6, 2022 at 12:52 pm

Aptera has publicly stated that they hope to go IPO or SPAC in the next 18 months.

• Rupert Jung

September 6, 2022 at 1:37 pm

Ok, now I only need a TAX ID as a non US-resident….

• Markus Schmid

September 7, 2022 at 6:04 am

In my country (Switzerland), instead of the US Tax ID I had to use the retirement insurance number (without separator dots).

It will be best if you ask Aptera via email invest@aptera.us – in my case the responded swiftly (way less than 1 day for fist response, after that even quicker) and they have been very helpful and kind.

• Glen Flint

September 6, 2022 at 8:39 pm

Is there a way to track how much has been invested in at $10.50 per share?

• James Bianco Sr

September 7, 2022 at 4:49 am

That would be good to know. However, I almost feel like we won’t until they announce the SPAC they are going to use. If memory serves me correct, we can then track the SPAC.

• James Wolf

September 7, 2022 at 10:59 am

Hopefully Aptera will go public IPO and not go the SPAC route.

• George Hughes

September 8, 2022 at 2:41 pm

Trigger was Roy Roger’s horse. It is also what I pulled to put my investment in Aptera over $10,000.

The one thing that is perplexing to me is if there is a problem or issue with me reserving more than one Aptera. (My only reservation dates back to the spring of 21 and predates any investments which included a little over a grand at the $3.?? level, another grand in December ’21 and the $7,770 I just plunked down.

This means I have potentially three ‘free’ reservations that I’ve not exercised. Anyway, have any of you added to the reservations after pulling the trigger?

One reason I didn’t is I don’t know the POV of Aptera in this, especially since supply and demand may make for a possible profit when supply is so limited. Another reason is that reservations are being counted and I don’t want to juke with that record as an investor as those reservations might be considered hyping the value of the investment.

One thing that is a little disturbing is while the site shows the dollar amounts and dates, it doesn’t list the shares bought just the dollars invested and the dates. I’ve seen it and actually bought the shares based as much on using a ’round number’ of shares purchased investing a few hundred over the $1,000 minimum.

BTW: I get the idea that if 3,000 small investors – about one in four – were to invest an average of $8,000 to reach the 10 grand level; they’d meet, with the California grant, the $50,000,000 needed to delivery production vehicles in 2023.

And when you figure getting into production is the milestone that makes the greater vision happen, right now this investment bears no relation to a lottery. The reception, the number of reservations, the technical and patent IP, the lean manufacturing process, the timeliness (CA’s grid issues) all conspire to give me the deep feeling this venture is going to succeed because we all need for it to succeed.

Further I’m convinced the expression of interest by just a portion of the small investors in the wake of the Gamma reveal will be interpreted by large investors as a measure of this vehicle’s profit potential.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  George Hughes. Reason: add a thought
  • Deborah Gorman

September 12, 2022 at 3:52 am

I tried to invest in the last round but my application was refused because the money was sent from a bank account that did not match my name. I’m ok with that if that is the requirement. However the notification that was signed by Chris Anthony, said that the money would be returned promptly. That was dated July 20th. It is now September 12th and no money returned. That does not fit my definition of promptly. I was planning to invest in the next round, now that I know the technicalities of doing it. I no longer have the money, as Aptera or their agent has it. I no longer have the confidence to invest the money even if Aptera ever give it back to me. For people who say reach out to Aptera with your problem, I have messaged invest@aptera.com I have done that and get no reply except a computer generated reply. Dave at invest@ was keen to help me when I was sending money, but does not answer me now that he has the money and I have no investment. I read the previous messages and will now try info@aptera.com and see if they can do something to get this other company to do something. I thought I was dealing with Aptera, but obviously I wasn’t.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  Deborah Gorman. Reason: typo
  • Ricardo Areco

September 16, 2022 at 6:36 am

I posted this on the forum a s a new topic, but it dissapeared.

I live in Germany, 5 years ago my neighbor told me Tesla would go bankrupt in a year.

2 years later Tesla was on the brink of buying out Mercedes. Since then, the German Auto Industry has been running behind Tesla, investing trillions in electric cars.

Now they are there, but the whole of Europe is lagging badly on charging points.

Affordable cars like Renault Zoe, or small Fiat, cost as much as the Aptera. Middle-class people in the city would love to buy them, but charging on the streets? Brutally expensive, and you could be waiting for hours for a space.

Germany had last year, a record of sunshine hours (yes Germany), meaning for the average commuter around the city, with the Aptera mileage and sunshine recharge, it is the deal of the century.

Aptera buckle-up! Wonder if you are aware that you could be a real game changer like Tesla was and if you are ready for it.

By the time you hit Europe, you will need to speed up production 100-fold!

Mark my words. All the south of Europe will be ordering, Spain has hardly any charging points, but enough sunshine to cover the whole EU needs. Just the fuel savings would easily pay for the leasing monthly payments.

All the best.

Ricardo.

• John Voules

September 16, 2022 at 6:59 am

My sentiments exactly. Europeans will take to APTERA in even greater numbers than Americans. Europe where fuel costs are greater and modernization tend to be done quicker with a less partisan way of solving problems.

Americans also tend to be more conservative when it come to style and fashion. Most Americans will find the APTERA to be a beautiful vehicle but some will not consider buying it because it is just so different and can’t see themselves driving something that is so out of the norm. Of course I am generalizing here but my experience of traveling and spending months at a time in Europe revealed to me that we approach things differently.

• Glen Flint

September 19, 2022 at 6:55 pm

Carta is listing the Current Fair Market Value (FMV) of these shares at $9.20. Does that treat the 5% discount on the sales price as a dividend? Is there any explanation for how FMV was determined? We haven’t lost money yet, just trying to understand if this gives us more information about the number of shares sold, expected discounts to be paid out, etc.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 19, 2022 at 7:00 pm

IIRC 9.20 was the price on the last round, possibly their page was not updated since share sales is done through a different company.

• Truong Tran

September 26, 2022 at 2:10 pm

Aptera is just like Tesla back in 2015.

• Jeanne V

September 27, 2022 at 7:32 pm

More like TSLA in 2007-2008 … i.e., prior to original Roadster release in 2008, and prior to TSLA IPO in 2010.

• Deborah Gorman

September 30, 2022 at 1:58 am

DON’T INVEST IN APTERA DON’T INVEST IN APTERA DON’T INVEST IN APTERA

The following are messages from Aptera. I have sent several messages to them at invest@aptera.com and info@aptera.com and still have not had a reasonable response and money has not been returned. I have a proof of transfer from my bank, but Aptera hasn’t given me a proof of return.
    Unless you are prepared to lose your money if the they don’t accept your investment, don’t give any money to Aptera

July 20, 2022
    Dear Deborah Ann Gorman,
    This notice serves to inform you of the cancellation of your $10,000.40 investment in Aptera Motors Reg A with Aptera Motors Corp.
    If you have submitted your funds, they are being released from escrow and will be returned to you promptly.
    Sincerely,
    Chris Anthony
    Aptera Motors Corp

Aptera Support (Aptera)
    Sep 21, 2022, 08:24 PDT
    Hi Deborah!
    Thanks for reaching out to us about this! I am going to CC our investment team in this email to take a look into this. I look forward to helping you get this squared away.
    Driving solar mobility forward,
    Nicole Hall
    Community Success Associate
    Aptera Team

• Riley …

September 30, 2022 at 2:29 am

I am only a reservation holder so don’t have any experience with the investment process but from what I have seen posted on the forum the investment process moves very slowly and $10,000 is a lot of money to have in limbo. The only helpful info I can say is that I haven’t heard of anyone else having the same issue you are which is a good sign that aptera will make it right for you.

Viewing 1 - 12 of 12 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now