Aptera rear light design

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera rear light design

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera rear light design

• Aptera rear light design

Dennis Swaney updated 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Posts
  • Gebhardt Poeppe

June 2, 2022 at 11:56 am

I recently discovered the Aptera and I am absolutely amazed by it!
    love the design and the whole concept! The only thing that distract me a bit is the shape of the backlights (especially from sideview). The whole car is so sleek and curvy but the backlights are so stiff and straight. It kinda looks weird (for me).

I tried to make my own alternative design, to adapt the shape of the rear lights somewhat to the overall car design
    This is made with Windows Paint (lol). Sorry for that, im not a designer.

What do you think about that?

• Dennis Swaney

June 2, 2022 at 1:07 pm

Remember Aptera has to meet US “Standard No. 108; Lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment.” Since this forum doesn’t allow linked text, you’ll have to go to the page direct: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-2004-title49-vol5/xml/CFR-2004-title49-vol5-sec571-108.xml

• Paul Evans

June 3, 2022 at 11:26 am

Check out the latest video update, Gebhardt. Aptera has modified rear of the car to make the aerodynamics even better for the Gamma version that will be built soon.

• Gebhardt Poeppe

June 3, 2022 at 11:55 am

Yes, I know. Saw it.

But that update didn’t change the shape of rear lights. They look the same.

• Dennis Swaney

June 3, 2022 at 1:07 pm

Perhaps that is the best they can currently do under Standard 108 requirements? The standard mandates MINIMUM area sizes and viewing angles for the various front, side, and rear lights.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now