Aptera Reservation Numbers To Date?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Reservation Numbers To Date?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Reservation Numbers To Date?

• Aptera Reservation Numbers To Date?

• James Gatan

June 18, 2022 at 2:14 pm

Is there a way to find out the number of reservations to date? I pre ordered mine and my number is about halfway above 25k reservists, last 6/11. It must be 30k by now..no?

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 18, 2022 at 2:30 pm

The reservation numbers that you receive from Aptera, ceased to be a reliable indicator of the total reservations as of August of 2021 (And was not fully accurate at that point.) when a new website and order system was implemented. Aptera may in the future reinstate something, but it will not and has not actually indicated your true place in line. Aptera announced it reached 25,000 reservations during the webinar earlier this week. (That is reached 25,000 during the webinar.)

• James Gatan

June 18, 2022 at 2:48 pm

I actually wanted to find out how many reservations so far (as in my thread title “to date”). Something like a running counter of sorts.

So since you mentioned it hit 25K reservations, as per in the recent Webinar (watched it)..is my number “256xx” a random number assigned with no real significance on June 11, a few days before the Webinar?

Am in SoCal/LA btw (400mi pack) so I could possibly take delivery a little earlier..

• BRUCE MENGLER

June 18, 2022 at 3:09 pm

Up until about March 2022 the reservation count had been increasing at about 1000 per month.
        Based pure on my memory, I’d say that the reservation increased from 20,000 to 25,000 in about only two months. The reservation rate has noticeably increased in Q2 2022.

• James Gatan

June 18, 2022 at 3:21 pm

Thanks for your input, Bruce. If this holds true, like 2.5k reservations added per month on average. Reservations could possibly hit the high 40ks, if not 50k by years end. I have very high hopes for Aptera to succeed. This EV made me a true about face convert, from ICE. Prior to Aptera, I was not a fan at all to EVs. Efficiency was the one key, to winning me over as an Aptera sEV believer.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 18, 2022 at 3:31 pm

In the semi recent past, after the new website was activated (I don’t have the number at hand, but IIRC they # of reservations at that point were around 17-18 thousand.), Aptera posted here (From the marketing team.) that the numbers they were now issuing were “random” They have jumped around since that time from, “Starting at zero again” to a large jump to the 19,000 range, to a bit before your reservation jumping up to the numbers that you received. So, yes, pretty much the number you got is just a number, and you can estimate your position based on the recent 25,000 announcement.

If you are saying that you chose a 400 to get an earlier delivery, I don’t think that would make a difference at this point in the reservation queue.

• James Gatan

June 18, 2022 at 5:24 pm

I did not order the 400mi, just because I could get an early delivery. It is my one and only original battery of choice. It has the most Pros/Best Balance (in my book, vs the 250, 600 & 1000) in weight, cost and practical capacity use case. It just so happens too (and I learned later) that it will be released en masse first and it is coincidentally, the highest demand and the most popular battery variant (did the correct choice right, the 1st time). Living just north of Aptera San Diego, is just icing on the cake. Am so amped. Hahah

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

June 18, 2022 at 6:54 pm

my email is Gadflygtr@yahoo (dot) com, send me the invite link to the apteras owners club discord server

• Steven G. Bueche

June 19, 2022 at 4:26 am

I think the reservation number means nothing as they will be providing cars at a demanded order level more than anything. This says they’ve (maybe) not worked out the electronics or batteries for the 600 or 1000 range vehicles yet. So, besides those early Paradigm orders the rest of our support has no baring on receiving our Aptera in the order we in fact ordered.

I ordered the basic car with full solar and a 250 mile range. I don’t need anything else. I don’t surf, camp or take my pets anywhere in my car besides the Vet Clinic. And honestly I can’t fathom why people would consider this an off road vehicle. But, to each their own. I’m a hair above the 10,000 make in line and don’t expect my Aptera any sooner than the end of 2023 which kinda sucks as I have to wait for all those 400 mile range cars to ship before mine is build.

Doesn’t matter because it’s still (from the exterior) the coolest thing on the (soon to be) road.

• Robert Klasson

June 21, 2022 at 7:35 am

By the time they reach 10000 vehicles delivered, they’ll probably have all battery variants in production and have caught up with the queue on 250 mile range versions.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 21, 2022 at 9:09 am

Exactly Robert, CA stated in the last webinar that to perfect their method of production the first thousand vehicles would be 400′ then adding the rest 250-600-1,000 until all four are in simultaneous assembly. Even if they didn’t try to adjust production to get delivery fairly close in line with reservation sequence (Which marketing has indicated will be the case, reservation/delivery that is.) The natural amounts of different variant orders would even it out well before 10,000 vehicles, if all four lines were producing vehicles at the same rate.

• Steven G. Bueche

June 21, 2022 at 9:17 am

Hey Oz. I guess a simple statement that would be more appropriate would be, “Will be manufactured and delivered based on demand” or “Based on total commitment being Car and investment dollars” or “If you’re an Ambassador” all others will wait.

I know it sounds bitter and that’s not my intent. It just feels like standing in line at a restaurant only to have someone behind you being taken before you. Don’t worry, I’ll still get my autocycle because it’s just so freakin cool! lol

Just pointing out something that may put some off.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Steven G. Bueche. Reason: More whining
      • Gabriel Kemeny

June 21, 2022 at 10:14 am

Wait till most of the Paradigm reservation holders not in CA get passed by the 1K CA deliveries – that should make for interesting talk here.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 21, 2022 at 11:29 am

True Steven, and although Aptera has been fairly free with information as to production, at the same time a lot of it has been open to interpretation as to the order. (And a lot of people making the stretch of interpretation to console themselves they will be the early owners.) Myself, I’m trying to follow the things both big and small, that have ben said and written by Aptera, to see what will happen. I haven’t seen anything by Aptera that would indicate that the ambassadors will receive any preference on delivery though. Myself I may change my low number reservation to a 400, and delay my high mileage model to my later reservation, until I can see that, say it doesn’t involve a loss of cabin space to accommodate the batteries, or the handling suffers, etc.

• Jonah Jorgenson

June 21, 2022 at 10:20 am

Aptera is a company. In our system, the purpose of a company is to stay in business and maximize share holder equity. Aptera has the right, in fact the responsibility, to run the business to achieve those two goals. If doing so perturbs some sense of fairness in the order of delivery, then we need to accept that or elect to remove ourselves from the waiting line if the value of the vehicle when received, when ever that might be, is not greater than our frustration with the delivery allocation approach. I learned early that there is no guarantee that “Life will be or should be fair”

I believe that Aptera will do everything possible to be as “Fair” as possible to honor the reservation order consistent with the most efficient production and distribution process.

• Angel Ramirez

June 22, 2022 at 9:03 am

Over 28,000 as of 6-22-2022

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 22, 2022 at 9:29 am

Unfortunately, your reservation confirmation number does not represent the actual number of reservations. (Probably a couple of thousand less actuals currently, best bet is to use your date and whatever numbers Aptera releases for a ball park figure, until Aptera updates their system.)

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now