Aptera to Germany / EU

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera to Germany / EU

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera to Germany / EU

• Aptera to Germany / EU

Peter Jorgensen updated 29 minutes ago 14 Members · 31 Posts
  • Silke “Katze” Kunath

October 27, 2022 at 11:08 pm

This thread is supposed to be the home of people who want to import “their” Aptera into the EU / Germany. Let’s bundle our knowledge and wishes here.

So that we can get the Apteras here faster and more reliable than with “Aptera in a bottle”.

• Herbert Tremmel

October 28, 2022 at 1:30 am

Gute Idee, weil in Europa andere (Natur)Gesetze herrschen als in den USA. Zu den Naturgesetzen gehören die teilweise schmalen Straßen in Europa, die schon mit den gängigen Mittelklassewagen herausfordernd sein können. Ich habe den Aptera reserviert und bin vom Konzept begeistert, allerdings stelle ich auf meiner derzeitigen Urlaubsfahrt von Österreich nach Südspanien immer wieder fest, dass manche Landstraßen (z. B. Moyenne Corniche) mit dem Aptera gemieden werden müssen. Wobei gerade die Fahrt in den sonnigen Süden eine Domäne des Aptera darstellt. Bin sehr gespannt wie es weiter geht und wie nach und nach die offenen Fragen, wie z. B. Wendekreis, Fahrersicht auf Fahrzeuggrenzen (Video wäre fein) , Zulassung als Motorrad mit Kennzeichen nur hinten, etc. beantwortet werden.

• Silke “Katze” Kunath

October 28, 2022 at 1:40 am

Wir haben die Info, dass in Deutschland die Zulassung als Trike nicht möglich sein soll, oder zumindest schwerer ist, da der aptera 2,2m breit ist. Die zulässige Breite soll bei 2,1m liegen. Ich finde die Norm im Moment nicht. Ist einer der Leser schlauer?

——————-

We have the info that in Germany the registration as a trike should not be possible, or at least is more difficult, because the aptera is 2.2m wide. The permissible width is supposed to be 2.1m. I can’t find the standard at the moment. Is one of the readers smarter?

• CM de Hond

October 28, 2022 at 1:49 am

Good idea.

Would be nice to know the status of European homologation, changes to the vehicle in order to meet with EU standards etc.

• Silke “Katze” Kunath

October 28, 2022 at 4:48 am

Let’s find out together how and where we can get there most easily in the EU.

———————

Lasst uns gemeinsam herausfinden, wie und wo wir in der EU am einfachsten zum Ziel kommen.

• Peter Jorgensen

October 28, 2022 at 7:20 am

Does this apply to everywhere in the EU? Does it also apply to EFTA countries such as Norway and Iceland, where they import large american trucks all the time?

Aptera is 86 inches (not 88) wide which is 2.1844M.

2.100m is 82.67 inches.

2m is 78.74 inches.

• Harry Parker

October 28, 2022 at 7:00 pm

Peter, Where did you hear that the width changed from 88 inches?

That amateur video showing a rough measurement done at Fully Charged Live? That was not an accurate nor official measurement.🧐

• Silke “Katze” Kunath

October 29, 2022 at 9:05 am

Wir haben bei Aptera angefragt, aber noch keine Antwort mit exakten Maßen erhalten. Klar, dass Ihr (Apteras) viel Arbeit habt, aber auch diese Arbeit hier ist wichtig. DANKE für Mitlesen und beantworten.

——————————-

We have asked Aptera, but have not yet received an answer with exact measurements. It is clear that you (Apteras) have a lot of work, but this work here is also important. THANK YOU for reading and answering.

• Silke “Katze” Kunath

October 29, 2022 at 9:10 am

Könntest Du bitte versuchen offizielle Maße zu bekommen, und dieser von Aptera bestätigen lassen? Das wäre SUPER

——————————————————-

Could you please try to get official measurements and have them confirmed by Aptera? That would be SUPER!

• Dirk Engel

October 28, 2022 at 10:09 pm

Es wäre schön wenn sich Aptera mal Gedanken machen würde und die Maße angibt vom Fahrzeug zudem wie bereits angesprochen der Wendekreis vom Fahrzeug und ob es verschiedene Versionen gibt zum Beispiel für Europa.

Ich denke an Parkhäuser wo sehr eng sind und auf Autobahnen in Baustellen wo die breite der linken Fahrspur verängt ist.

Ich hoffe auf Aptera und bin weiterhin begeistert von Konzept wenn es eine engere Version für EU gibt werde ich mir dieses Fahrzeug gerne kaufen wenn es zugelassen wird in Deutschland

<pre data-placeholder=”Übersetzung”>It would be nice if Aptera would think about it and, as already mentioned, indicate the dimensions of the vehicle, the turning circle of the vehicle and whether there are different versions for Europe, for example.

I’m thinking of car parks where they are very narrow and motorways in construction sites where the width of the left lane is narrowed.

I hope for Aptera and I am still enthusiastic about the concept if there is a narrower version for the EU I will be happy to buy this vehicle if it is registered in Germany

• Silke “Katze” Kunath

October 29, 2022 at 9:07 am

Ja, wir sehen unseren Aptera auch eher auf der Autobahn oder Landstraßen und haben heute bei einer Fahrt mit Model X gesagt: Mit Aptera müssen wir in der rechten Spur bleiben. ABER das würden wir gerne mit dem Aptera machen. 🙂

An deutsche oder belgische Parkhäuser will ich gar nicht denken ….

——————————————-

Yes, we also tend to see our Aptera on the motorway or country roads and said today while driving Model X: With Aptera we have to stay in the right lane. BUT we would like to do that with Aptera. 🙂

I don’t even want to think about German or Belgian car parks ….

• Nazhi Hamdan

November 3, 2022 at 8:55 am

I’m also a reservation holder in Germany and the problem with the registration (Zulassung) is my main concern. I really think, that the Aptera team should approach the different institutions for EU countries to start working on a solution. It may come to it, that apteras will be registered as regular cars here. That would mean meeting other requirements. As things stand the company is focused on getting production started and have openly said, that they focus on delivering on the US market. This is understandable, but if they don’t iron out the legal Issues for the EU (their 2nd biggest potential market), a lot of Aptera reservations would be canceled. That will be a shame, because it wouldn’t be because of a bad product, but because of failure to secure a market because of legal issues.

To anyone, who starts to comment, that we as Aptera enthusiasts should be the ones trying to solve the problem i say: Good luck, but don’t count on me! I have a 50-60 hour/week job.

If someone working for the company reads this, you should seriously consider hiring a legal team in the EU once the first vehicles roll out the factory.

• Curtis Cibinel

November 3, 2022 at 1:50 pm

Canada is a substancial and easily accessible market with good ev demand ; per capita BC has more EVs sold than California. Recently they extend the lobbying efforts with the Move page but is limited to the US. Many Canadian provinces such as Alberta (helmet/license), and Ontario (helmet only) need effort to lobby and fix the dumb rules aswell. The 4 main regulatory issue Aptera needs to handle in any area is:

• Width/class (main EU issue)
      • Motorcycle license requirements
      • Helmet requirements
      • Direct sale rules
  • Ed Stratton

November 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm

Am I the only person in the United Kingdom who has made a reservation? I get the feeling it could be a very long time before deliveries start here, if ever.

Meanwhile I have my VW XL1 to keep me occupied which I’ve been driving for 7 years now, but it needs a soulmate! They’ll look awesome together at all the local car shows.

• Todd Williams

November 5, 2022 at 2:26 pm

I’m in the UK and have a reservation. There’s a handful on the map, you have to find the right version of the map though.

Yeah, not expecting UK deliveries for a few years yet. Suppose could do private import, but don’t want LHD.

• Silke “Katze” Kunath

November 6, 2022 at 6:13 am

Hi Todd,

What do you mean with LHD?

• Joshua Rosen

November 6, 2022 at 6:48 am

He means Left Hand Drive.

• Ed Stratton

November 7, 2022 at 9:08 am

Glad to hear I’m not alone! On the good side, if we have to wait some years for our cars, at least the design and technology will be even more developed and refined by that time. We will benefit from all the constructive feedback from the early-adopter in the USA. I look forward to the first UK gathering of owners!

• Silke “Katze” Kunath

November 7, 2022 at 9:39 am

We are dreaming of the same events in Germany / EU

• Tobias Hartmann

November 7, 2022 at 12:48 pm

Why not meet all together? Assumed you do buy at least the 400 mile range version we could get together without charging 😀

• Todd Williams

November 7, 2022 at 3:39 pm

Where would be iconic, Bilbao?

• Silke “Katze” Kunath

November 7, 2022 at 9:38 pm

Fulda -> Bilbao are 1601 km. We knew why we wanted the big battery 😉

Okay, yes, let us work on the realization of this idea.

————————

Fulda -> Bilbao sind 1601 km. Wir wussten, warum wir die große Batterie wollten 😉

Okay, ja, lass uns an der Umsetzung dieser Idee arbeiten.

• Tobias Hartmann

November 8, 2022 at 2:14 am

Sorry i dont get it, whats iconic about Aptera and Bilbao. My first idea was meeting in Modena at the cpc facility, bring the parts of apteras body to the place they were “born” 🙂

• Silke “Katze” Kunath

November 8, 2022 at 7:54 am

Bilbao: I think about the Guggenheim museum, and many other things with the same spirit of making things different: https://www.spain.info/de/bilder/bilbao-moderne-architektur/

But the idea with modena is also VERY nice. So for all who are interested: Let’s do both

——————————–

Bilbao: Ich denke an das Guggenheim-Museum und viele andere Dinge mit dem gleichen Geist, Dinge anders zu machen: https://www.spain.info/de/bilder/bilbao-moderne-architektur/

Aber die Idee mit Modena ist auch SEHR schön. Also für alle, die daran interessiert sind: Lasst uns beides machen

• Karl Josef Oberländer

November 8, 2022 at 9:55 am

Ich bin Deutscher und lebe seit 20 Jahren in Port Grimaud, Golfe de St Tropez France, und ich habe auch bestellt! Die 2,20 m sind doch nur an den Vorderrädern. Ach, man gewöhnt sich daran. Auf Autobahnbaustellen fährt man dann auf der rechten Spur. Der Rest ist doch so REVOLUTIONÄR !!!!

Hier möchte ich auf meine Comics ” Wahres von Aptera San Diego ” aufmerksam machen ( Carlos Comic ), hier auf meiner Homepage von Aptera.

Gruss

Karl Josef Oberländer

• Silke “Katze” Kunath

November 8, 2022 at 9:39 pm

Hallo Karl, ich habe persönlich kein Sorge wegen der Breite, aber die Zulassung in Deutschland könnte da vielleicht Probleme machen und wir würden gerne so bald wie möglich beginnen mit den Behörden an der Thematik zu arbeiten, aber dazu brauchen wir Daten und Maße. Das wäre einfach sehr hilfreich. Und auch um das Thema auf die Agenda zu bringen oder auf die To-Do-Liste nach oben zu pushen, sobald die Apteras (dort verantwortlich fühlende Menschen) Zeit haben, sammeln wir die Kunden-Stimmen in diesem Thread.

————————-

Hi Karl, I personally don't worry about the width, but the approval in Germany might cause problems and we would like to start working with the authorities on the issue as soon as possible, but we need data and measurements. That would just be very helpful. And also to get the topic on the agenda or push it up on the to-do list, as soon as the apteras (people in charge there) have time, we'll collect the customer testimonials in this thread.
  • Karl Josef Oberländer

November 8, 2022 at 9:56 am
  • Hans Weschta

November 8, 2022 at 11:59 pm

Hallo Silke, liebe Aptera Freunde,

möchte hier gerne auch konstruktiv mitmachen, als Besteller eines Fahrzeugs und sehe prinzipiell Zulassungsprobleme genereller Art, ohne die konkreten +aktuellen Zulassungsbestimmungen in der EU für Dreiräder zu kennen. Ich denke, dass es für Aptera sehr sinnvoll sein könnte, wenn man sich in Zulassungsfragen mit dem neuen europäischen Lieferanten für Body-Kunststoffteile CPC in Modena/Italien unterhält. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHDsg2mQIrc
    CPC hat mit Sicherheit entweder selbst Kontakt zu Homologationsbehörden, oder könnte den leicht herstellen.
    Sehe eine EU-Zulassungen weniger kritisch, wenn ich anschaue, welche Fahrzeuge in den letzten Jahren mit Zulassung in Europa auf unseren Straßen so herum fahren.
    Ob allerdings, bei den anfangs sehr geringen Stückzahlen für Europa, eine aufwändige Homologation überhaupt Sinn macht, oder besser ein Mustergutachten bzw.eine jeweilige Einzelabnahmen an einem Ort mit dem geringsten Widerstand, wirtschaftlich sinnvoll sind, muß Aptera selbst ergründen.

Auf jeden Fall freue ich mich, wenn es voran geht.

Mit freundlichem Gruß der Hans aus RÜD

• Silke “Katze” Kunath

November 9, 2022 at 5:50 am

Gute Idee,

wir werden das einmal angehen.

grüßt EV-Cat

P.S. RÜD wie Rüdesheim (guter Wein) ?

—————————-

Good idea,

we will tackle this once.

greets EV-Cat

P.S. RÜD like Rüdesheim (good wine) ?

• Silke “Katze” Kunath

November 17, 2022 at 9:18 am

Update. We are now in contact with important people at TÜV in Germany. At this point we need the technical information about the Gamma to combine our power with the power of the aptera team.

Do you also read your forum yourself, dear aptera team?

————————————————

Update. Wir sind jetzt in Kontakt mit wichtigen Leuten beim TÜV in Deutschland. An dieser Stelle brauchen wir die technischen Informationen über den Gamma, um unsere Power mit der Power des aptera-Teams zu kombinieren.

Lest Ihr Euer Forum auch selber, liebes Aptera-Team?

• Peter Jorgensen

November 29, 2022 at 11:53 am

Have you heard anything new about this? Do we have any ambassadors in EU or DE that could help?

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now