Aptera Updates, we need more info !!!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Updates, we need more info !!!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Updates, we need more info !!!

• Aptera Updates, we need more info !!!

IA -1 updated 1 month ago 9 Members · 12 Posts
  • IA -1

May 26, 2022 at 2:04 pm

It would be nice if all Investors, Reservation Holders and General Public could get an update about the progress of the assembly plant, supply chain, test and production vehicles schedules. Is everything going according to the plan, are there going to be some minor or major delays?

It would be nice if we could get an official update from Aptera, not a “hypothetical update” from the Aptera Ambassadors or the Forum Users.

• Markus Schmid

May 26, 2022 at 3:06 pm

I agree, it would be nice. But do we really need it?

Of course I absolutely want to know what my invested money is doing at Aptera’s, but on one hand I also understand that not every bleep can be commented officially, while on the other hand I don’t care at all hearing over and over again that Aptera is excited to build the world’s most efficient vehicle.

I think a monthly complete overview of what recently has been achieved, plus an as complete as possible updated timeline would be a phantastic advertising effort. On THIS website. Just a few snippets disconnectedly scattered over Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and whatnot is not enough IMO. There’s nothing worse than stakeholders who out of growing impatience start to spread some lack of confidence regarding Aptera.

• Ray Holan

May 26, 2022 at 4:32 pm

We have perhaps gotten spoiled by the above average transparency of Aptera when compared with other EV startups. That said, I agree that a monthly update as described would be welcome to investors and reservation holders alike, especially as we get closer to what everyone hopes is the actual production of the Paradigm models expected at the end of 2022.

• John Malcom

May 26, 2022 at 4:54 pm

Aptera did not provide a monthly update for May as they usually do sometime within a month. I think now, with only six months left before the targeted production date, it becomes more important to do so. We are also at the time when things that were “We will share more information about that later in the year” need the detail shared as many of them need to be finalized and in place as preparation for retail delivery.

• Patrick Liebknecht

May 26, 2022 at 5:53 pm

I hope they manage to start producing vehicles before the fed and inflation make it unaffordable to complete the purchase.

With a looming recession and this just in from the news room https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wave-layoffs-sweeping-us-firms-110000789.html?_guc_consent_skip=1653502006https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wave-layoffs-sweeping-us-firms-110000789.html?_guc_consent_skip=1653502006

It’s getting harder and harder for the working class Joe to survive

• David Marlow

May 26, 2022 at 9:10 pm

While there was not an update for May there were other sources of info.

Hopefully the next update will show an almost complete Gama unit, then maybe two more Gama units. After a few months, when satisfied with the last major bugs worked out, they should start production of Delta units for crash and other testing, proving final specs. and getting ready to ramp up for actual production. At least that would fit with their stated plans fur that production to start in December of this year.

However, if unexpected types of problems are found with design or suppliers, there could be significant delays.

• kerbe2705

May 26, 2022 at 10:36 pm

@IA -1 While I agree that more information would be nice, consider the staff time it would to take to continuously update us on the minutiae of day-to-day work. Plus, beyond a certain point, it would become “information overkill”.

Aptera has made it their practice to release one “tech-related” video (the latest was about battery pack development) and one “cheerleading” video (the new hire’s first drive) each month: This is, approximately, 200% more information about vehicle development than is currently offered by any other manufacturer or startup.

With people cross-posting to this forum whatever they find, everything and anything Aptera posts to Tik-tok, Facebook, YouTube or even Twitter shows up here – no need to go hunting!

• Ray Holan

May 27, 2022 at 5:39 am

The original post was requesting a brief summary of progress, not day To day details. I would also point out that the cross posting you make reference to from Facebook YouTube etc. while useful is often not official Aptera announcements. For a staff member to generate a one or two page summary of what’s taking place over the last month would not take that much time. I don’t think anyone is expecting or demanding a professionally produced 30 minute video every month.

• Dennis Swaney

May 27, 2022 at 10:25 am

Plus there are those who like me refuse to use Farcebook, Twitter (I’m not a twit), Tik-Tok (PLA/MSS spyware).

• John Malcom

May 27, 2022 at 8:30 am

@IA – 1 It is unusual for Aptera not to provide some kind of monthly update on this site as this is viewed as the “Official” site for Aptera investors, reservation holders, and ambassadors. They are not obligated to. I hope it means that all of the staff, regardless of the department, are more than 100% engaged in prep for production and delivery. I will make that assumption this month and will look forward to reports in June on progress, and June/July for the promised midsummer interior mockup.

I do believe though, that “Official” Aptera “Stuff” should be released on this site no matter what other social media it is posted to. We should not have to rely on cross posting to get information.

• IA -1

June 1, 2022 at 1:19 pm

Good news, we will get more info at the live webinar, early June.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now