Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera – World Record Attempt Ideas

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera – World Record Attempt Ideas

• Aptera – World Record Attempt Ideas

• Raj Giandeep

February 21, 2022 at 5:50 pm
  • Len Nowak

February 21, 2022 at 6:05 pm

🤔

Given its lightweight and use of reg braking…. Longest lasting brakes?

Micro channel battery cooling via the system Aptera Motors is planning for Aptera?

At the moment… the lowest Cd in its case?

Could it be the first autocycle to meet or beat the crash test of non autocycle vehicles? Surely other autocycles.

Are there any other autocycles that are AWD.

Are there other autocyckes with air bags?

Longest range generated by on board mobile solar array?

• David Marlow

February 21, 2022 at 11:53 pm

I compare the Aptera to other record setting sales vehicles like the model T and the VW Beatle, so in twenty years or so it could surpass them.

• Ray Holan

February 22, 2022 at 7:07 am

Eventually, best selling three-wheeled vehicle still in production. Don’t know what the sales numbers are for vehicles like the Morgan three-wheeler, the Robin, or the Polaris Slingshot.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

February 22, 2022 at 8:19 am

Leave us not forget the Messerschmitt.

• Ray Holan

February 22, 2022 at 3:54 pm

Not to nitpick, but didn’t the Messerschmitt have two wheels very close together in the rear?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Ray Holan.
        • Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

February 22, 2022 at 5:34 pm

Most were three wheeled, some later (I think it was later) variants had a standard four layout. The 2021 reissue is three.

• Curtis Cibinel

February 22, 2022 at 9:11 am

The Aptera is a motorcycle legally so many of these wouldn’t be legit. Largest on a charge would probably have a similar asterist (but could be ~1800 miles hypermiling). Also even in neutral my understanding is back emf introduces rolling drag. Charge speed in terms of miles is actually slower than a tesla due to the 50 kw DC fast charge speed.

• Harry Parker

February 24, 2022 at 3:10 pm

I agree if the category is “… in a 4 wheeled vehicle”. They would be legit records if the category was “… in an electric vehicle” or “… in a solar powered vehicle” or “… in a self powered vehicle”, even.

That last one is pretty open ended, however. Then Aptera would be competing with motorcycles, mopeds and e-bikes, too, as well as airplanes, boats and trains.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now