Are there any references to when we will receive our order?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Are there any references to when we will receive our order?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Are there any references to when we will receive our order?

• Are there any references to when we will receive our order?

Eric Geer updated 2 weeks, 4 days ago 8 Members · 10 Posts
  • Eric Geer

September 8, 2022 at 5:46 pm

I was just wondering if anyone knew or if there is a prediction as to when we might be able to receive the order. I know they have over 35k orders, but do they have any idea how many they will be able to produce next year? If I’m order number 35k, will I be one year? Two years? It would be nice to have some sort of estimate.

• BRUCE MENGLER

September 8, 2022 at 6:30 pm

Today at the Carlsbad Assembly building at the Ambassador’s preview of Gamma, they said the full production rate of the initial assembly line will produce 10,000 vehicles annually & that they are planning on running multiple shifts; which means either 20,000 or 30,000 vehicles annually. However they likely won’t hit that rate before Q2 2023.

HTH & YMMV

• kerbe2705

September 8, 2022 at 10:39 pm

@BRUCE MENGLER If they said (as they’ve said all along) that they plan to produce 10K vehicles annually, that’s going to be accomplished BY running multiple shifts. It doesn’t mean that each shift will produce 10K vehicles annually. We were told, at one point, that they expected it to take at least a year for them to ramp-up to the full production rate…

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 8, 2022 at 7:27 pm

Eric, your number is not a really good indication of how many reservations are ahead of you. Aptera announced in the last week, passing 30,000 orders. Matching your date of reservation with the announcements is as close as you’ll get right now.

• John Trotter

September 8, 2022 at 9:35 pm

I know we’ve been told the order number does not track the order sequence, but it seems like it almost does. With stated reservations above 30,000, a few recent people are still reporting reservation numbers in the 30-thousands. A real random number generator would be scattering the order numbers much more than that.

Of course, the deliver-close-to-home-to-more-easily-fix-birth-defects requirement will hold sway for a month or two, maybe even a quarter or two, depending on initial reliability. And overseas folks will get pushed past Americans and Canadians (and Mexicans?) Sorry.

My own preference is simply to NOT be in the first thousand, despite my 400 mile battery and middle-California location. Probably safe with a July 2021 order date. It’s all good.

• kerbe2705

September 8, 2022 at 10:42 pm

@John Trotter I wonder if they’re counting “production” as starting AFTER the Paradigm models are produced…

And I agree – I’m perfectly happy waiting until the kinks have been worked out of the process.

• Andy Keck

September 9, 2022 at 4:24 am

There are too many variables and contingencies to predict with any certainty. Given what we know now (a production next year getting to 10,000 cars per year), then 2026 seems a reasonable guess. Depending on cash on hand, the rate of future orders, and supplier capacity, they might spin up new plants or capacity in the existing plant. Depending on the added capacity and when it goes online, one might get to the 35K reservation as early as 2024 but more likely 2025. That’s my guess but 2024-2026 is still a pretty wide range

• Joshua Rosen

September 9, 2022 at 7:18 am

Production rate predictions should be taken with a salt lick sized amount of salt. Rivian and Lucid have billions in the bank and even so their production rates have been abysmal. Rivian looks like they are starting to scale after a year but Lucid is still stuck producing around 600 cars per quarter. Aptera is trying a novel approach to manufacturing, maybe they’ll have an easier time of it but then again maybe not. At this point nobody can predict when they’ll deliver in quantity.

• Francis Giroux

September 9, 2022 at 7:49 am

Eric, Here is a suggestion to keep you from getting too impatient: Start putting away money for your full cash purchase of your Apera (minimum amount per month of whatever your monthly payment would have been). Don’t expect the car to be build until you have the purchase price in hand. This will improve your patience and it will help you to not become slave to some lender. To possibly accelerate you accumulation of funds, invest in Aptera stock early (now) and then faithfully pray for the team and their progress. Also use the online resources available along with your personal contacts to introduce others to Aptera and get them to use your referral code to order their own Aptera. If you get a good number of referrals you may justify borrowing the $1000 per referral toward your purchase and pay off the loan with your savings on your next Aptera (assuming you will want to upgrade, and keep your car in nice shape to sell outright when you purchase your replacement).

• Eric Geer

September 11, 2022 at 5:23 pm

Awe man! Are you serious? I already referred someone. You mean I could have had $1k referral credit for them???

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now