Autocycle designation needed for Alberta

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Autocycle designation needed for Alberta

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Autocycle designation needed for Alberta

• Autocycle designation needed for Alberta

• Vernon SINNOTT

June 8, 2022 at 7:47 pm

Has anyone else from Alberta contacted Alberta Transportation regarding changes to licensing to include “autocycle”? Currently, a class 6 motorcycle license is required. At 69 I don’t intend to get a motorcycle license. We need to press the Alberta government to make changes for the Aptera.Has anyone else from Alberta contacted Alberta Transportation regarding changes to licensing to include “autocycle”? Currently, a class 6 motorcycle license is required. At 69 I don’t intend to get a motorcycle license. We need to press the Alberta government to make changes for the Aptera.

• kerbe2705

June 8, 2022 at 9:04 pm

@Vernon SINNOTT – There are, currently, 24 Ambassadors listed in the directory for Canada, but they’re not broken-out by province. I suggest that you contact Aptera directly (info@aptera.us).

• Curtis Cibinel

June 8, 2022 at 9:15 pm

I’m in kelowna bc. Nathan Armstrong (the CTO) lives in Alberta. My understanding is Ontario has some other issues and requires a helmet despite being enclosed (no motorcycle license). Hopefully these kinds of issues will be addressed eventually – not many enclosed autocycles on the road currently. ElectraMeccanica and Daymak should be lobbying similarly as both are Canadian companies with enclosed 3 wheelers.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now