Be honest, how many times have you

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Be honest, how many times have you

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Be honest, how many times have you

• Be honest, how many times have you

James Gatan updated 1 month ago 20 Members · 23 Posts
  • seth feldman

August 20, 2022 at 5:22 pm

Be honest, how many times have you logged in and changed your reservation order. Or do you just log in and drool at the reservation without making any changes?

• John Malcom

August 20, 2022 at 5:34 pm

Drool here😛

• Kevin Bradbury

August 20, 2022 at 5:37 pm

I log in everyday like a junkie needing a fix, hoping for a crumb of news. I first reserved and then cancelled the next day worried that it was too wide for my garage. I re-reserved a couple of days later with ideas of working around the issue. Now I worry that it is all for naught as I got an email confirming my cancellation and refund after I re-reserved so I don’t know if I’m still in line or not. But I still log in everyday, craving for more pics of gamma, a video of gamma, just a little more gamma.😳

• Riley …

August 20, 2022 at 6:30 pm

I make adjustments to the configurator to show interested people what is available about once a month but never save the changes. The last time I made a change and saved was when then we got confirmation that the fwd was going to be delivered first sometime last year.

I’ve got every available photo of all versions and configurations saved to my phone to drool over

• Len Nowak

August 20, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Drooler too

“For me”

I have seen Noir and Sol ( both sweet) and a ride in Sol and it even looks better now !

Hope to see Gamma in a few weeks in CA!

✔️White is my choice for all my vehicles. Matte vinyl is fine or paint, if it goes that way. I take care of my vehicles’ finish

✔️“Vida” is my choice to add a little color “life” for my finale in driving

✔️ Full solar in AZ is my way of life….from home power generation to vehicle

✔️ Battery Range is a personal choice so have what I need

So no reason to make changes now. Other

Safety Pilot is just that… Added safety so Why not!

AWD range impact should be revealed (but I am calculating a 10% range hit)

Off Road will hopefully be an easy exchange of standard wheel covers for a couple months here Enhanced Audio …I haven’t heard yet . Hearing if great but that can only go one way😔so Why not!

Camping Kit might be nice for an adventure with a grandchild but I doubt we will use otherwise

Pet Kit will depend on divider as I don’t need a ladder for my old girl

Go with your heart !

You are not committed a the reservation stage!

• Andy Pudell

August 20, 2022 at 7:21 pm

My wife won’t let me change my reservation from 1,000 miles to 400 just so I can get it sooner. She says there won’t be much difference in timing and I should just be patient since I need the 1,000 mile.

But I honestly think about it once a week or more. 😁

• Eric Caldwell

August 20, 2022 at 8:06 pm

Twice.

The first time was when it became clear that the off-road package was something I was going to need up here in slush-land.

The second time was when I saw a recent photo of Noir, Luna, and Sol side-by-side and realized just how flat matte the black on Noir would be. I switched to Sol, as I simply find that wrap to be far more attractive.

• Nathan Hubbard

August 20, 2022 at 10:31 pm

Where do you live that you think you’ll need the off road package?

• Eric Caldwell

August 20, 2022 at 11:19 pm

Southeast Alaska. I’ve lost track of the number of times that I’ve had difficulty turning my sedan because of all the snow and slush that’s frozen in my wheel wells.

The extra clearance promised by the off-road package could make a real difference here.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 21, 2022 at 5:32 am

Although the off road will offer some advantages for your situation, i wouldn’t expect having the wheels being difficult to turn shouldn’t be one of them, since the wheel and the pants turn as one unit.

• Bryan Hendricks

August 20, 2022 at 9:24 pm

I lost track of how many times I have logged in and adjusted my order. My most recent change was to allow me to customize the color of the interior. I made that change when I saw the white steering wheel and white headrests in the initial gamma video.

• LoveAptera YokeDealbreaker

August 29, 2022 at 5:33 pm

What steering wheel? They are forcing half-yokes on all their customers!

• kerbe2705

August 20, 2022 at 11:29 pm

Once: I added the solar hood/bonnet.

The only other changes to my initial order that I’ve considered are dropping the “enhanced audio” and switching from 600 to 400: The former will depend upon my experiencing the two systems and the latter will depend upon Tesla opening its ENTIRE Supercharger network to non-Tesla vehicles.

My state’s compliance plan for the Federal EV charging program has them STARTING to look for contractors four years from now – so the first CCS chargers MIGHT be coming online here in six years. There are already sufficient Tesla Superchargers to support long-distance EV travel within and through the state…

• Joshua Rosen

August 21, 2022 at 5:48 am

I haven’t touched it for at least six months. Early on I added a couple of things but that’s it. It makes no sense to modify your order at this point, we don’t know what will be available when our number comes up. When it comes time to order that’s when you should pick the final configuration.

• Russell Fauver

August 21, 2022 at 6:29 am

Happy with my original selection but I do go back and forth on the solar hatch.

• Mark Salyzyn

August 21, 2022 at 6:36 am

I drool, or rather confirm I ordered what I wanted. I am old, I keep on forgetting and doubting myself ;-). Never changed, love it, can not wait until they confirm my position. Gamma is even better than I imagined! Wooo Hooo

<image of ‘shut up and take my money’ inserted>

• Andrew McKeown-Henshall

August 21, 2022 at 12:01 pm

Being a non-US reservation holder I guess I have plenty of opportunity to switch and change…

I initially selected 400 mile based on “that being built first” but I’m reconsidered that probably won’t affect me by the time deliveries reach me so dropped to 250 (although may yet choose 400 as the sweet spot) probably sticking with AWD regardless.

Regarding the options, these seems to be very little info or renders available? (e.g off road vs normal)

• Mark Howell

August 21, 2022 at 4:00 pm

I drool almost every day but have not changed my options yet. I reserved the Sol, 400 mile range, full solar, off road option, with Vida interior and I am really considering the level 2 autonomy option but I think I can add that after I take delivery as it should just be a software update. If somebody could confirm that it is just a software update or download I would appreciate it.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Mark Howell. Reason: forgot full solar option
    • Mark Salyzyn

August 21, 2022 at 6:21 pm

They indicated in one of their Q&A videos that the level 2 self driving required some additional sensors and hardware. AFAICT it will not be a software update.

• John Malcom

August 21, 2022 at 6:53 pm

Might be if the cameras ( the system will use cameras like the Tesla) are installed in the production Aptera and only the final version of the software needs to be loaded. Tesla does that. If you want self driving you pay an outrageous fee and the software is down loaded/activated.

• Bradey Burk

August 21, 2022 at 11:51 pm

Only once. I changed from the one thousand mile variant to the four hundred mile one. The reasons being I am not rich so I can’t afford the one thousand mile variant. But the four hundred mile is well within my price range for a new car with my trade in (2020 Chevy Malibu) as long as I get my order before the latter half of 2024. Fingers crossed on that one, order number 21XXX here. I am also going with all black full solar until we have confirmation on whether it is a wrap or paint for custom jobs. If we can get paint I want it to be race yellow, as bright and vibrant as possible. Maybe even highlighter yellow. I have a bad driving record…

Bottom line, I don’t make long road trips often enough to justify the one thousand mile variant, as much as I want it and admire it for its innovation. Maybe twice a year at most that would be useful to me. Hopefully we can upgrade them with extra battery modules.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Bradey Burk.
  • Bob Kirchner

August 22, 2022 at 4:36 am

At first, my order was for a 400 mile paradigm Sol. I changed to a 600 mile version when I realised I didn’t want to be one of the first owners. I have been back and forth several times on getting full solar or not.

I’m always logged in.

• James Gatan

August 29, 2022 at 9:23 pm

I never changed my 6/11 orig order. Though the most was just to play around with pricing w/o AWD and kept everything else intact (400, Full Solar, Safety Pilot, Off Road Kit, Vida, Noir).Though I am in SoCal currently (why AWD/ORK?), I am future proofing my Aptera for a very long term use case ownership (will be retiring in Mid West).

So yes, I log in..drooling everyday.

Viewing 1 - 17 of 17 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now