Beta ride with Transport Evolved.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Beta ride with Transport Evolved.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Beta ride with Transport Evolved.

• Beta ride with Transport Evolved.

Jonah Jorgenson updated 3 months ago 12 Members · 16 Posts
  • Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

March 25, 2022 at 8:21 am
  • Gary Greenway

March 25, 2022 at 2:23 pm

I don’t know if it is just the camera angle or what, but Nikki seems to be leaning towards the center of the car to avoid banging her head. I hope its just that those seats are mounted too high.

• Raj Giandeep

March 25, 2022 at 3:58 pm

The roll bar won’t be on the production car & those are just off the shelf seats. So I imagine they would sit higher than the custom seats they will make for it.

• Michael Klensch

March 25, 2022 at 7:06 pm

How can the Beta be “road legal” if it doesn’t have any type of fenders on those front wheels? The new “update” video on Aptera’s youtube channel today also said that they made Beta road legal. But I thought you had to have fenders? I ask because I considered removing the wheel pants during the winter, but was informed that was not legal. Anyone know?

• Pistonboy Delux

March 25, 2022 at 7:42 pm

It all depends on the motorcycle laws.

• kerbe2705

March 25, 2022 at 9:45 pm

CA seems to have different definitions of “street legal” for every different class of vehicle. I’d guess that the Beta is licensed as “experimental” or “specially constructed” so, if Aptera says the Beta meets “street legal” requirements, I’d be willing to bet that it does.

• Pistonboy Delux

March 25, 2022 at 7:43 pm

WOW! The videos just keep on coming!

• Pistonboy Delux

March 25, 2022 at 7:55 pm

At time 6:13, the vehicle makes a delightful low pitch sound as it slows down. I hope the production version does this. (probably not)

• David Marlow

March 25, 2022 at 9:33 pm

When compared to the Alpha ride video, the Beta doesn’t have the harshness or other noises of the Alpha. Great job Aptera team! This is what I was expecting.

• Steven G. Bueche

March 26, 2022 at 3:29 am

I don’t want to be a Debbie Downer here folks but this is still nothing more than a concept car. No real battery pack to run off. No real cooling system and no real solar roof in which to charge any real battery.

I would have thought after all these years someone could have said, “Hey we have an idea for this car. We haven’t built any of it yet but give us money and we’ll make the numbers work”

That’s all they got is numbers at this point. Have we seen a battery pack? Have we seen the cooling system function or even built? I’ve seen pictures of what is supposed to be a solar roof but nothing that’s functional and used to charge a battery.

So far you’ve got a three wheeled car running off someone’s battery, a radiator, that can steer, brake and park. There’s nothing here that’s remotely close to the claimed Solar, 40 mile range efficient car that I can see. I thought the Proto type was a functional battery pack, solar charging car they wanted investments in. All I keep hearing is, “Our Blah blah techs are making great progress in,…” It’s all about what the computer says and so far, nothing else.

We’ve got a long way to go here people.

• Tom Shafer

March 26, 2022 at 5:20 am

Just a reminder, the beta vehicle was purpose built for suspension and ride dynamics testing and tuning. For those who say its lack of completeness (off-the-shelf seats, battery, lack of solar) indicate how much needs to be completed, watch the March Update. I was impressed by Jason Hill’s report on the interior design process and the plan for a “production-intent interior by the middle of the summer.” To use the symphony analogy, we saw the solo of the horn section while the rest of the orchestra are rehearsing separately. I’m confident that we’ll see a more complete rehearsal this summer.

• GLENN ZAJIC

March 26, 2022 at 7:31 am

Jay Leno didn’t get to hear the horn section!😉 Can’t wait for the final composition!

• Steven G. Bueche

March 29, 2022 at 4:04 am

I have followed Aptera for some time now and reserved/invested back in June of 2021.I understand what the beta’s are for and what their purpose is. My concern is more for completed fully functional cars. I’ve seen them drive around parking lots. This wouldn’t cause a heating issue. I seen Chris and Anthony talk about what their intentions are for the finalized versions of the car. What I haven’t seen is a car that is completely finished and gets what they claim. A car with fully functional solar, cooling and or batteries. Something that says, “This is it. This is what we’re going to build. This is what the computer told us could be real and happening. Now we’re going to scale it up for production”

The Noir, Luna and Sol are pretty looking somewhat finished designs but are they fully functional? Are they just pretty machines used to get orders and investments? They’ve got a long road ahead of them before claiming delivery by the end of this year. That March update warehouse looked pretty empty to me.

Don’t get me wrong, I want this to happen. I’m just saying there’s more, way more that needs to happen.

• Bob Kirchner

March 26, 2022 at 11:22 am

I think somewhere in Nikki’s two Aptera interviews he says that Noir had a functioning belly pan cooling system. This was the first I had heard that that concept had gone beyond the concept stage. It is possible that in its earlier incarnation they had already worked that out for the hybrid Aptera.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

March 26, 2022 at 11:48 am

An observation here, since Noir, Sol, and Luna are all built, and have been driven about, including the track, and since there is no apparent radiator, as we have for the suspension Beta vehicle. I’m pretty sure we can comfortably say something is being used to cool the three Alphas, in this case, most likely the belly pan system.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now