Booster/Car seats

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Booster/Car seats

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Booster/Car seats

• Booster/Car seats

• Isaac Madsen

May 14, 2022 at 12:09 am

I’m very excited about the direction Aptera is taking electric & solar power. And as an aerospace technician, the styling on this vehicle is absolutely thrilling. Unfortunately, I’m still on the fence about whether to order one. I would have absolutely gone for it, except for one issue: this is simply not built for more than 2 people.

I would only ever be able to use this for commuting, and it wouldn’t really be realistic for camping with my wife and son, despite the huge amount of space in the back. I love the car for what it is, but I’m hoping to see more seating options in the future. Keep up the good work!

As a side note, can boosters and car seats be used in the front seat of this car? Thanks.

• Scott Price

May 14, 2022 at 3:32 pm

Two main items that frequently come up for this is whether or not the passenger side airbags can be turned off and also if the seat incorporates a LATCH system. I have not heard Aptera say they are providing either of those, so TBD.

• Harry Parker

May 14, 2022 at 5:47 pm

I heard last week they are looking into adding an optional, single “child seat” in the center behind the passengers. Nothing decided yet.

• kerbe2705

May 14, 2022 at 6:00 pm

“Someone”‘s been saying that for the past year, @Harry Parker – from whom did you hear it last week?

• Raj Giandeep

May 14, 2022 at 7:04 pm

Chris from Aptera answering questions on a webinar last week. Via Q&A live chat box.

• kerbe2705

May 14, 2022 at 9:40 pm

Thanks. Considering how low the roof/high the cargo deck is, I’m guessing they’re talking about infant carriers and toddler seats – not the “booster” style for larger children…

• Raj Giandeep

May 15, 2022 at 6:10 am

Ya, I’d guess the infant / toddler seats. not much height in that area for larger kids.

• Doug Porter

May 14, 2022 at 7:15 pm

I passionately want one, but 2 seats is borderline dealbreaker (we have 2 kids). Just having a 3rd seat would make this pretty easy to justify. Heck, have it be centered and facing backwards. Kids would love that. Otherwise, fear is if one of us drives off in the Model Y, it leaves 3 people at home with a car that only seats 2

• Dennis Swaney

May 15, 2022 at 12:59 pm

Solution: Buy two Apteras!

• Isaac Madsen

May 15, 2022 at 4:10 pm

Haha! Yeah, that would work if my wife enjoyed driving as much as I do, but alas, that is not so.

• John Malcom

May 14, 2022 at 7:19 pm

Heard Chris say that in the webinar last week. There is a copy on the forum. If that works out it will be a big win for the appeal of the Aptera.

• kerbe2705

May 14, 2022 at 9:41 pm

Thanks. Yup, that it would be!

• Isaac Madsen

May 15, 2022 at 4:04 pm

Thanks everyone for your responses so far! I’ll have to dig through the forum later for that webinar. I was not expecting this quick of a turnaround in response to this, so thanks to everyone who has done their due diligence here. I’ll definitely be making my thoughts known. A (small) family friendly option would make this decision a no-brainer for me.

• Danny Mattijetz

May 15, 2022 at 8:56 pm

Maybe you can stuff them into the small auxiliary trailer they may have in the future. Just as long as they are under 500 pounds.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now