Brake rotors

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Brake rotors

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Brake rotors

• Brake rotors

• V Pilot

January 21, 2022 at 8:05 pm

Do we know the supplier of the brake rotors? Will they be available as a carbon ceramic composite? Regen braking can use little to no brakeing, leading to surface rust build up which can lead to excessive scaling, causing vibration and pad damage on iron rotors.

• Vernon Michael Gardner

January 21, 2022 at 11:31 pm

Because hydraulic brake design the pads are always being in contact with the rotors, this prevent slap, rattle, rust and scale.

• Gabriel Kemeny

January 25, 2022 at 3:31 am

@Vernon Michael Gardner Some EV owners who have had to replace brake rotors at less than 20K miles may disagree with you.

• Michael Hicks

January 25, 2022 at 6:32 am

The easy solution to this problem is to actually use your brakes periodically to clean any build up off the rotors.

• Guy SKEER

January 22, 2022 at 7:52 am

I am sure You will be able to buy Carbon-Carbon Brake Rotors, as soon as the World Pop Realizes that this Wonderful Vehicle is the “New VW Bug”. BONUS: Lighter!

Several of the Vids, Featuring Zips around the Building, and even a few others, have the Brakes Squealing on the BETA/ALPHA Models. I am sure that Pad Selection for the Present Cars, and a Few Strong stops from Speed in a Production Model will remove the Glaze that must be the cause!

• Bob Kirchner

January 24, 2022 at 2:09 pm

In the Elaphe design, the brake rotors are located inside the wheel hubs. They should be well protected from the elements and road salt, at least on the front wheels. I hope Aptera considers drum brakes for the rear on two wheel drive models. Drum brakes are fully adequate for a light car that mostly brakes regeneratively, and they have lower rolling resistance than disks.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now