Built-in 120v Inverter?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Built-in 120v Inverter?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Built-in 120v Inverter?

• Built-in 120v Inverter?

• Ph0ton

July 13, 2022 at 6:28 am

One of the great advantages of a solar-powered car is a mobile home-office. I currently like using my Tesla Model 3 to work from, and use an awkwardly wired 120V inverter wired directly to the DC-DC posts.

Does Aptera plan on including 120v outlets in the car, either in the front or the hatch area? It would go extremely well with a camping package as an upsell, or by itself as a bonus.

• Thomas Bushaw

July 13, 2022 at 8:25 am

From their retired Q&A spreadsheet, the answer appears to be “yes”, there will be (at least) one.

• Gordon Niessen

July 13, 2022 at 8:14 pm

If you want battery backup for the house, then the right answer is to have a DC power connection for V2L. Then have an inverter at you house that you connect your car battery to. Why haul around a heavy inverter when you would only use it at home for rare emergencies.

• Curtis Cibinel

July 14, 2022 at 12:05 am

For camping and emergencies an inverter is super useful. 1.5 kw is the same as a North American electrical circuit so anything with a 120v plug can be used while being under the limit.

• Larry Mason

July 14, 2022 at 9:16 am

On the nose. My camping setup will be all electric. Propane as a camping need is over.

• Ph0ton

July 13, 2022 at 11:52 pm

Yeah, I’m not really interested in a battery backup for the house. A modest inverter that can handle a chonky laptop or two is all I need, and DC power for a fridge. Thanks Thomas, and I hope they will aim to keep those features from the old spreadsheet.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now