CA location for Aptera production

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions CA location for Aptera production

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions CA location for Aptera production

• CA location for Aptera production

Russell Fauver updated 5 months ago 8 Members · 9 Posts
  • Bulent Aliev

February 5, 2022 at 8:17 am

I wander Aptera located in CA, how it will affect pricing and delivery times considering the higher taxes and cumbersome regulations? Number of companies already relocated, or are in process of relocating for that reason. There is a talk about taxing the EV per mile driven, to offset the lost gas tax revenue?

• Lou Verner

February 5, 2022 at 9:05 am

Road taxes determined by state where you live. Alternatives to gasoline tax will need to be considered given coming transition from ICE vehicles – that is if we expect continued upkeep of roads we all use. Linking to miles driven seems fair to me!

• John Smith

February 5, 2022 at 10:30 am

I just can’t come up with an economic justification for manufacturing any product in California that will be sold outside California. The numbers don’t add up.

• Jon_J

February 5, 2022 at 2:41 pm

Well, with Aptera’s plan of building small manufacturing plants distributed regionally, this feature should be less relevant in the future. The Aptera should be significantly lower cost to build than current ICE vehicles thus increasing the profit margin per vehicle and Southern California has a great source of technical talent which will be needed for some aspects of the manufacturing. I’ve had a lot of luck hiring competent technical people in the Southern California region.

• John Malcom

February 5, 2022 at 2:59 pm

No economic reason needed. The founders live there with their families. Great source of the talent needed to develop and produce the vehicle. Readily accessible and large EV market with good purchase incentives and charging infrastructure

• Elzo Stubbe

February 6, 2022 at 6:29 am

initial local thinking, followed by global thinking?

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

February 5, 2022 at 3:47 pm

I have it under the best authority, that every time someone bashes California in the forums here, Aptera moves them 100 spots back on the delivery sequence. 😎

• Bulent Aliev

February 5, 2022 at 3:49 pm

AKA Fake newsπŸ˜‚

• Russell Fauver

February 6, 2022 at 6:35 am

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€ͺ

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now