Can an employee confirm body construction is honeycomb?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Can an employee confirm body construction is honeycomb?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Can an employee confirm body construction is honeycomb?

• Can an employee confirm body construction is honeycomb?

Len Nowak Nowak updated 6 months ago 7 Members · 9 Posts
  • Mike Suding

December 25, 2021 at 7:51 am

It looks like it in the Christmas beta email photo but I didn’t find any mention in FAQ or other official source. Just mentioned in community forum by non-employees.

• Ray Holan

December 25, 2021 at 8:20 am

Mike, Chris Anthony showed a sample of the honeycomb construction in one of Aptera’s videos. Absolutely sure about that, however I haven’t done a search fo the specific video.

• Mike Suding

December 25, 2021 at 9:27 am

Thanks Ray and Alain! That’s exactly what I was looking for.

• Alain Chuzel

December 25, 2021 at 8:44 am

Starting at about 10:10 here:

• Curtis Cibinel

December 25, 2021 at 11:05 am

Thanks for sharing this. I don’t know how I missed this video but its really well produced and has some info I didn’t know about.

• kerbe2705

December 25, 2021 at 9:02 pm

If you study still images from the latest video you’ll see that the sandwich material is used in some parts of the shell and not in others: The difference in panel thickness it evident.

• Audra

Administrator
    December 30, 2021 at 8:58 am

Hi Mike,

I am late to the party! Thanks to everyone who stepped in with information. I can confirm the body of the Aptera is of a honeycomb composite structure.

Thank you for asking!

Audra

• Len Nowak Nowak

December 30, 2021 at 12:05 pm
Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now