Can tall people fit into the Aptera??

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Can tall people fit into the Aptera??

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Can tall people fit into the Aptera??

• Can tall people fit into the Aptera??

• Matthew Behnke

February 15, 2022 at 2:15 pm

I have been able to find ZERO information on this topic. I am 6’5 adult that has a pre-order in. I really would like to know if I can fit into the vehicle. From my back to my knee measures 26 inches and from my butt to my head measures ~36 inches. Please let me know if I have a chance. I watch all the ride-along videos out there but nobody tells us their height and it’s really non-inclusive.

• Len Nowak Nowak

February 15, 2022 at 3:04 pm

Congrats!

It is discussed in the FAQ although they can’t get into the torso vs leg details…

Search Aptera’s FAQ Spreadsheet

Please search the spreadsheet with Ctrl+F (for “Find”), or for Mac use command+F or cmd+F

This spreadsheet is periodically update by an Aptera Team member

Beyond the above….

They are at the Beta stage with a little more side room inside we are told…

Stay tuned

• Matthew Behnke

February 16, 2022 at 4:35 am

Oh ok, let me check that out. Thanks for the reply.

-Matt

• Kayleigh Venne

Administrator
    February 15, 2022 at 3:32 pm

Hi Matthew! Yes, you’ll be able to fit in the vehicle. We have had basketball players well over 6ft take a ride in the Aptera— and they have no problem fitting comfortably! The Aptera was designed to fit someone that is 6’8 comfortably; however, someone taller may fit if they have a shorter torso. Our solar mobility is for everyone, so we’re designing Aptera to be very inclusive! Please let us know if you have any questions. Looking forward to sharing the final measurements with you as the specs are finalized. It’s exciting to share the road to launch with you! We are here to guide all Aptera members every step of the way.

• Raj Giandeep

February 15, 2022 at 3:42 pm

Thanks for confirming this. When I put my hair in a Rishi knot on top of my head I’m about 6′ 5″ otherwise hair down 6′ 2″

• Kayleigh Venne

Administrator
        February 15, 2022 at 3:46 pm

Haha, glad we could clarify this for you then, Raj! 😉

• Elzo Stubbe

February 19, 2022 at 10:50 am

luckily your hair has no nerves in them…hahaha

• Matthew Behnke

February 16, 2022 at 4:34 am

Thank you so much for the reply. It honestly made my day because I’ve been fantasizing about driving the Aptera and know my heart will be crushed if I can’t fit into one. I’m a walking advertisement for this company. I know you guys are committed to making something great.

Thank you

-Matt

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now