Canoo Supplants Tesla Model X for Astronaut Transfer to Launch Pad

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Canoo Supplants Tesla Model X for Astronaut Transfer to Launch Pad

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Canoo Supplants Tesla Model X for Astronaut Transfer to Launch Pad

• Canoo Supplants Tesla Model X for Astronaut Transfer to Launch Pad

• Jonah Jorgenson

April 6, 2022 at 12:13 pm

Extended spring break over for me with submission of my thesis and on the way from cold Boston to Sunny Titusville FL. In an effort to get plugged back into work talking with my Artemis Project colleagues, learned that a EV start up called Canoo supplanted Tesla for a NASA contract to transport Artemis Astronauts to the launch pad. Not lucrative from the financial standpoint but great publicity both for Canoo and Nasa (Select an electric startup to support a space mission) Canoo is a startup competitor for Aptera for 2023. A bit of a sleeper. I have a cousin that has one reserved for his family (Married with three children)

Steering is “Fly by wire” so easy to do right had drive. Just move the steering column over to the right side! Ready for the UK and Australia!

Below is an Electrek article on the win. Looks like the URL was deleted

• This discussion was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jonah Jorgenson.
    • This discussion was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jonah Jorgenson. Reason: corrected date and attempted to repost the URL
  • IA -1

April 6, 2022 at 1:07 pm

Canoo has a good concept and a good price. Their skateboard modular platform is great, they will have different cabins with the same platform.

It’s good that they have completely different vehicles than Aptera, so they are not a direct competitor. I would like to see Canoo succeed, but unfortunately they had some issues with the upper management and their stock price tanked. We will see what happens by the end of 2022.

• Jonah Jorgenson

April 6, 2022 at 4:28 pm

They are competitive with Aptera on price and competitive for those that want more than two seats in a vehicle (Families like my cousin), and/or SUV/Crossover fans. They will also have a pickup truck (Of sorts) available with in a year to 15 months. Customers will get the full government tax advantage which makes them even more available to customers with smaller vehicle budgets.

I hope they are successful as well. I am for any positive movement toward the adoption of EVs.

• Michael Klensch

April 8, 2022 at 1:43 pm

I have two Canoos reserved… the pick up and the van. They are a long shot for sure, but I love their concept and fingers crossed that they make it to production.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now