Car wash?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Car wash?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Car wash?

• Car wash?

• Peter Dezendorf

December 7, 2021 at 12:54 pm

I apologize if this is covered in a FAQ.

Will one be able to take an Aptera vehicle through a car wash?

• Curtis Cibinel

December 7, 2021 at 1:22 pm

Shouldn’t be an issue overall. Some automatic car washes that guide the tires could be an issue due to width.

• Len Nowak Nowak

December 7, 2021 at 3:55 pm

3M vinyl wrap has care instructions on their website

Besides the caution for tacking for the center tire and height on the wheel covers, surely the old brush type car washes would not be a place I go.

I power wash all my vehicle with no more than 1100psi, wide spray and never closer than six inches

The Aptera is such a manageable size to quickly wash at home “if you can”!

I never owned a wrapped car

• Mark Steinback

December 7, 2021 at 7:52 pm

I looked at a Costco car wash since I was concerned about the width being an issue. There is only one rail on one side to pull the vehicle through, so the width of any shouldn’t be an issue.

• GREG MIRICH

December 12, 2021 at 8:45 pm

There is no need to go to a car wash with the APTERA. There are waterless wash products on the market that will clean the vinyl wrap without scratching the finish. I am an official detailer for Barrett Jackson Auctions and all the vehicles that we wipe down reguardless of the dirt, we use waterless wash and it does not hurt the finish, even wrapped vehicles. We use ADAM’s waterless wash.

• Joshua Rosen

December 13, 2021 at 7:13 am

Greg

What wax do you use?

• GREG MIRICH

December 14, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Josh Rosen, I use ADAM’S Graphene spray coating. You use a alcohol base coating prep to remove any contamination from the surface. Then spray the coating on an applicator and apply it to a 2 ft square area and allow the solvent to flash( about 1 min.) it gets a rainbow appearance and then wipe off the coating residue. Repeat the process on the rest of the car. Allow the coating to cure without moisture for a couple of hours and you are good for a year or more, depending on your environment. Surface will shed water better and the shine will be deeper. Can be applied on rims and glass. You are applying a layer of glass to the surfaces. Awesome product.

• Joshua Rosen

December 14, 2021 at 5:03 pm

Thanks, I’ll order some and use it in the spring. Nice to get a recommendation from someone who really knows what they are doing. What coating prep do you use? Is it just rubbing alcohol or is it a specific product?

• John Wiley

December 15, 2021 at 5:53 am

Greg – Is this a cleaning technique used for painted surfaces, 3M wraps or both?

• GREG MIRICH

December 15, 2021 at 3:31 pm

Josh and John, I use ADAM’s coating prep ( it is a 35% alcohol solution), it can be used on Paint, wraps, electrostatic paint(powder coated paint) and glass. Spray it on the surface and wipe it off with a microfiber towel and you are ready to use Graphene spray coating.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now