Carta

• Carta

• David Marlow

March 23, 2022 at 4:06 pm

Will signing up with Carta help with Aptera IPO?

• V Pilot

March 23, 2022 at 4:22 pm

I think it’s a trading platform. I don’t know if we need to transfer investment shares to our own trading platforms through them or not.

• Anders Pedersen

March 23, 2022 at 4:32 pm

So I got the email from Carta. But nothing from Aptera whether this is legit or not. They claim they have partnered with Aptera….

• Scott Huston

March 23, 2022 at 5:13 pm

Just sent to invest@aptera.us:

FYI: I just got this scam(?) email trying to get me to sign up with Carta, claiming partnership with Aptera, and for me to...release my Aptera shares to them?...harvest my financial or personal information?

Or maybe you've partnered with this company, provided my information to them and failed to notify me that I should consider them credible?...authorized?...legitimate? (i.e. failed at investor communications)

If I've missed some important communication from Aptera, please let me know when I should have received it and please resend it.

Please also inform me of:

• To what other organizations you have released my information, and
      • (if legitimate) If I'm required to use Carta, or
      • The process to transfer my shares to the trading platform of my choice.

<sarcasm> Otherwise, please send me your list of investor names and emails, I think I might have a website I need to develop www.myapterashares.com

</sarcasm>

• Anders Pedersen

March 23, 2022 at 5:26 pm

Scott,

perfect! Hopefully you get a legit answer. One way or another.

• Markus Schmid

March 23, 2022 at 4:34 pm

I’d like to read from Aptera’s CEOs or employes what this Carta thing is about, what exactly it does and what we can do with it after we accepted.

I didn’t appreciate receiveing this email without former information from a known official Aptera’s email address or from here on the aptera website.

Until further information I won’t consider it to be legit.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Markus Schmid.
    • V Pilot

March 23, 2022 at 4:44 pm

exactly!

• Owen Dean

March 23, 2022 at 5:14 pm

I received the Carta e-mail as well. Has anyone e-mailed and gotten a reply from someone at aptera (info@aptera.us ?- they’ve responded to me from this e-mail before) on this topic?

I just sent an e-mail to the aptera team asking about carta, will post their reply if/when I get it.

FYI prior to Rivian’s IPO Rivian partnered with Morgan Stanley to handle their certificate-holder / share-holder interactions.

Let’s see what the folks at Aptera have to say.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Owen Dean.
  • Joseph Dassow

March 23, 2022 at 5:33 pm

Carta is a Transfer Agent as per the email. The Transfer Agent will be used for shareholders to take ownership of their shares and they will transfer them to personal brokerage accounts(E-Trade, ect).

• Raj Giandeep

March 23, 2022 at 5:41 pm

It is indeed legit. [Edit] See Sarah’s reply below my post

Also made a quick video to get the word out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8zLlKM8HzE

• John Belmonte

March 23, 2022 at 6:10 pm

I think too much is being read into this. Mainly it’s a way for Aptera to not have to deal with issuing paper stock certificates pre-IPO.

• Leonard Nowak

March 23, 2022 at 8:16 pm

Thanks

This is all for the REG A…

Do you what the next steps are for the earlier investments done in the crowdfunder through Wefunder with the SAFE security investments?

• Raj Giandeep

March 23, 2022 at 8:35 pm

They are moving investors over to Carta in groups. Wefunder investors have not been transitioned yet.

• Sarah

Administrator
    March 23, 2022 at 6:19 pm

Hello all,

Aptera has recently transitioned our equity management system to Carta. The goal is to ensure greater regulatory compliance and ease of future transactions for our investors. More information about Carta is below. If you have questions about the information shown in Carta, please contact our finance team at equity@aptera.us. We appreciate your ongoing support of Aptera and our movement towards solar mobility.

Thank you!

Sarah

About Carta:

Carta (formerly eShares) is a software platform for founders, investors, and employees to manage equity and ownership. Carta helps companies and investors manage their cap tables, valuations, portfolio investments, and equity plans. Carta’s mission is to map and expand the global ownership network in order to increase liquidity and transparency between shareholders.

Carta manages billions of dollars in equity at more than 10,000 private companies, public companies, and investors and is an SEC-registered transfer agent.

For more information, visit carta.com.

• Anders Pedersen

March 23, 2022 at 6:23 pm

Thank you for clarifying for us sceptics!

• Markus Schmid

March 23, 2022 at 6:36 pm

Thank you Sarah for the clarification.

In times of countless fake emails flooding the world it would have been great to have this information before receiving the email, but better late than never, and glad everything is as it should be! 👍

• Gordon Niessen

March 23, 2022 at 8:25 pm

Why didn’t we hear anything from Aptera on this before we received something from Carta?

• Sarah

Administrator
        March 23, 2022 at 10:00 pm

Hi Gordon, it was our intention to give you a heads up about this transition in advance. We apologize that didn’t happen and you received an automated email instead of a personalized communication from our team at Aptera.

• Gordon Niessen

March 25, 2022 at 8:38 am

Apology accepted. I would rather you all focus on building a great car. I am glad you are outsourcing these financial management issues.

• Konijnerd the Great

March 24, 2022 at 12:28 am

Interesting that liquidity is mentioned. You only need liquidity for becoming tradable/going public.

• Harold Lynch Lynch

March 23, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Nice of Sarah to take time out of her busy day to sort of tell us they have turned our individual private information over to someone. Not a good thing for any responsible company

• Sarah

Administrator
      March 23, 2022 at 10:06 pm

Hi Harold, your privacy is of utmost importance to us. Only your email address, security amount and share class was entered into Carta. No other personal information will be uploaded without first notifying you. I sent you a message via email as well, so please reach out to me directly with any further questions.

• Chris Quartetti

March 23, 2022 at 7:50 pm

I clicked the Carta link, set a password, verified my email address, then couldn’t log in the new credentials getting, “You have entered an invalid username or password. Verify your information and try again.”

Thinking the site silently choked on the long password generated by my password wallet I clicked the “forgot password” link, entered the email address I just “verified”, and received, “Sorry, that email address is not registered with this site.”

Great. Now I get on the phone with Aptera? Carta?!

Edit: Logging in and resetting the password failed because I was using the newly verified “backup” email address instead of my Aptera investing account email.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Chris Quartetti. Reason: Found solution
    • Sarah

Administrator
      March 23, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Hi Chris, please email our finance team at equity@aptera.us and they will get you all squared away with your new account on Carta.

• Chris Quartetti

March 23, 2022 at 10:38 pm

My initial investment was at $8.80/share. The new certificate on Carta shows many fewer shares and works out to about $164/share. Why didn’t I receive any notification of this change? Where is this explained?

• Aptera Equity Team Aptera

March 31, 2022 at 8:07 am

Hi Chris,

This should have been resolved now. If you still have questions please reach out to equity@aptera.us. Thank you for investing in Aptera!

• Edvardas Puotkalis

March 24, 2022 at 1:25 am

Hi, anybody checked is Carta free? Does no info on the Web site about pricing. Every option suggests to contact sales department. You will accept the securities on the platform and eventually will find yourself owing to them for their fabulous management. Are you sure they are going to transfer and/or manage your aptera shares for free?

• Eric Quinn

March 24, 2022 at 5:45 am

I just set mine up, everything went fine.

Information is correct

Come on IPO!

• Norman Roberts

March 24, 2022 at 6:54 am

I set up a Carta account. When I reviewed my 3 investments of over 10K each, all indicated I was issued 117 shares. I guess the info was not transferred correctly. Hopefully then will correct it soon, I did not accept the certificates.

• Gordon Niessen

March 24, 2022 at 8:18 am

I had the same issue, and the same 117 share counts.

• Sarah

Administrator
        March 24, 2022 at 8:33 am

Carta is working on uploading the correct share counts to correct for this issue, please report the problem by emailing equity@aptera.us and include your Certificate Number. During this phase of the implementation we did not upload the individual Wefunder investments. For now you can continue to access that information through Wefunder.

• Jason Best

March 24, 2022 at 2:51 pm

I accepted my certificates this morning and also had 117 shares listed, which was in the right ballpark for me so it didn’t raise any concerns but later today I got an email notice that it was changed from 117 to 120 which is what it should have been. The notice said it was a “clerical error”.

• Gordon Niessen

March 24, 2022 at 8:16 am

I guess this is not including the Wefunder investments.

• Paul Kirchner

March 24, 2022 at 8:26 am

Gotta say I feel this was a misstep of Aptera’s in not notifying us shareholders first before getting out of blue emails from the internet. Not cool in my estimation.

• Sarah

Administrator
      March 24, 2022 at 8:37 am

Hi Paul, it was our intention to notify all of our investors personally before receiving an automated message from Carta. We are disappointed this happened. We will be sending out a message to everyone today to clarify and ensure all questions are answered. We appreciate your feedback and your support.

• Francis Giroux

March 24, 2022 at 12:50 pm

My experience is as follows: my email from Carta:

From: “Carta”To: hydrogenboost@roadrunner.comCc:Sent: Wednesday March 23 2022 6:52:25PMSubject: Aptera Motors Corp, DBA Aptera issued a certificate to Francis Giroux

<small>Or copy this address: https://app.carta.com/deep-link/?certificate_token=cff59b240724470c8e32f0fc665b5cbc&amp;next=/profiles/tasks/securities/accept/certificate/12576814/&amp;device_type=BOTH</small>

My return email to them:

I received five emails like this with no explanation, apparently for stock certificates for me and my wife for Aptera shares. If these emails are supposed to be for me to confirm details of the share we purchased on the dates indicated, then every single one is wrong on the number of shares (they said 117 on each). Though the amount paid for each transaction is correct, the number of share is way off. Please check your work and when you contact me again, at least introduce yourselves and tell me why you are contacting me. I have never heard of Carta and a simple link to a web page tells me nothing.

Francis Giroux

—————————————–

Then I got notice that the email they sent from was not receiving mail and they gave me a link that didn’t work (Error 404, page doesn’t exist). I looked up Carta on Google and they seemed to exist but they better get their stuff together before they contact me again.

• Greg Vickery

March 24, 2022 at 1:42 pm

Signing up with Carta went very smoothly! They had my shares I purchased through the recent investment rounds. And I didn’t expect my Wefunder shares to be included at this time.

• Francis Giroux

March 24, 2022 at 4:24 pm

So what is it that we are accepting (electronic certificate)? Is it a document, PDF, picture, SD card, or what? When IPO happens what do we bring to our stock broker? Paper, computer file, QR code, what? Whatever you got, did you get it today?

• Steven G. Bueche

March 25, 2022 at 4:38 am

I’ll be honest, I’ve never invested in anything before and find all this a bit intimidating. I have invested in Aptera because I like what I see in what they’re trying to do.

Now, I’ve sent in my money, gotten my A class certificate and now I’m asked to lie and say I’ve lost or destroyed my paper version for an electronic certificate from Carta?

What happens if I just hang on to my paper version without going through Carta? Will I still make money as the company grows? Why do I have this sinking feeling that some Wall-Street organization will steal my money like some Michael Douglas character in the movies? lol

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

• Norman Roberts

March 25, 2022 at 7:05 am

Carta is a transfer agent. When IPO happens, they will be able to transfer your shares to your preferred trading account, Scott Trade, Etrade, Trade Station, or whatever trading company you want to use. This will allow you to trade the shares on the stock market on the IPO day.

If you do not have a trading account, you should set one up prior to the IPO so your shares can be transferred and allow you the opportunity to trade.

• John Wiley

March 27, 2022 at 7:18 am

Steven – like you, I too am a first time investor. I don’t know if it’s appropriate to ask or if anyone would want to answer, but I would welcome any advice or suggestion on which of of the multitude of trading companies I should consider.

• GLENN ZAJIC

March 27, 2022 at 4:53 pm

John, There are many to choose from, but I have always enjoyed Charles Schwabs website and trading tools/support. Low fees too!

• V Pilot

March 27, 2022 at 7:59 pm

I too have a Schawb account. I also have a Merrill Edge and pay no fees.

• Sarah

Administrator
    March 25, 2022 at 8:55 am

We published a short blog post today with more information about Carta. https://aptera.us/investor-update/

This is an important step towards building Aptera’s equity capabilities and laying the foundation for our planned IPO. If you have any questions, our finance team is standing by to respond by email at equity@aptera.us.

Thanks!

Investor Update

• Lambertus Jacobus Hendriks Hendriks

March 25, 2022 at 11:30 pm

I am confident that the Carta solution of issuing shares is a secure and best option.

They have 2 step verification in place so each time I login I get a pin code sent to my phone – this alerts me if somebody else do try to login to my account.

In my opinion – well done APTERA!

• Steven G. Bueche

March 26, 2022 at 2:54 am

What happens if I just hang on to the paper certificates? They still hold value right? I can always transfer them in the future right? By transferring them do I allow these Scott Trade, Etrade and the like to take a percentage of the value to line their coffers in the way of fees?

• Norman Roberts

March 26, 2022 at 7:13 am

Your shares need to be transferred to a broker so you can sell them. If you leave them in Carta ( not sure how long they can remain with Carta after IPO??) and stock price skyrockets, you would not be able to sell them and could miss out on nice profit.

I purchased shares of ELIO many years ago before IPO. I did not know how the transfer agent worked and did not have a brokerage account set up. After the IPO the stock went from 12.00 to 75.00 in first few days. I missed out because I did not have brokerage account set up ready to accept the share transfer.

There should no fee by broker to accept transferred shares. You may have to deposit some small amount of funds to open a brokerage account.

I would check out different companies as to there rules and fees. Once your shares are in a brokerage account you can sell, buy or hold them. You then have control

• Francis Giroux

March 27, 2022 at 8:59 am

I still haven’t got an answer to my question below:

So what is it that we are accepting (electronic certificate)? Is it a document, PDF, picture, SD card, or what? When IPO happens what do we bring to our stock broker? Paper, computer file, QR code, what? Whatever you got, did you get it today?

Would somebody who has already done the Carta Shuffle please enlighten me. I have contacted my broker TD Ameritrade and they cannot receive the shares until Aptera gets a stock symbol. The broker employee also thought that the shares could not be transferred to the broker until after the IPO. So if you have already dealt with Carta, did you get some sort of receipt saying that they are holding so many shares of Aptera for you and are ready to transfer them at IPO?

• Owen Dean

March 27, 2022 at 9:45 am

<div>Below is a link to what Carta recommends for getting your shares ready to sell come IPO.</div><div>

https://carta.com/blog/how-<wbr>equity-holding-employees-can-<wbr>prepare-for-an-ipo/

After you choose your broker and get them to request the shares be transferred to your account at the brokerage, then you can figure out what your hold/buy/sell strategy will be.

</div>

Viewing 1 - 25 of 31 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now