Cherry EV News

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Cherry EV News

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Cherry EV News

• Cherry EV News

Posted by john-malcom on May 21, 2022 at 8:16 am

Cherry will be selling a small, four seat, BEV this year for USD $12,000. A little ugly though and not aerodynamic.

Cherry has the 4th highest selling EV in the world in March

Cherry is a major Chinese Exporter

Aptera probably has a good Chinese partner in Cherry. Down side is that Cherry is a government owned company. Up side of that downside is they will never have to worry about running out of capital and can set very low prices for products and parts

A lot of “Opinion” in the Electric Vikings video but interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAfDtH1gvI&t=18shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAfDtH1gvI&t=18s

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  John Malcom. Reason: added sentence
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  bbelcamino.

fanfare-100 replied 1 year, 8 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Cherry EV News

• Tam

May 21, 2022 at 2:53 pm

Will it have to meet crash test requirements? That 4700USD Wuling looked like a death trap.

• curtis-cibinel

May 21, 2022 at 4:59 pm

Very likely with import costs it would end up being ~$18k and likely no US tax credit. Also no real indication it will come to the US which is unfortunate; it would be a decent option for many but the safety testing is a concern but he does claim it has EU standards covered. It does have airbags and stability control. This headline also plays the usual game with the lowest price model and the highest range (base is ~200 mile range); the Aptera isn’t 1600 km (1000 mile) range for $26,000

• john-malcom

May 21, 2022 at 6:14 pm

At best we are getting information second or third hand from the Viking so who knows what the skinny is on it. When I first saw it I thought what a great car for a teenager. Short range so can’t go somewhere and get in too much trouble, so ugly no friends would want to be seen in it. If the teenager ruined it not out too much unfortunately for me a generation too late. The milage rating is on a much more liberal rating system so who knows how far it will really b go on a charge.

• che-mckittrick

May 22, 2022 at 5:32 am

I’d buy one. I might it even choose it over the Aptera if the Aptera has a major price increase or the Aptera starts looking like it’ll never make it to production.

• fanfare-100

May 25, 2022 at 3:46 pm

Thanks John. That looks like an interesting step, although by the time that makes it to the U.S. it will likely be tagged with an MSPR of 2X that much.

• vernon-sinnott

July 26, 2022 at 4:11 pm

I doubt it meets North American safety standards.

• fanfare-100

July 26, 2022 at 8:55 pm

Any idea if it will pass the crash test? Kandi America attempted to sell it’s vehicles here and ended up selling them at a discount as speed-regulated Neighbourhood EVs after they sat on the lot for 3 years because they could not pass the crash test.

or to reply.