Child seat ?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Child seat ?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Child seat ?

• Child seat ?

• Jörg Hucklenbroich

September 15, 2021 at 5:49 am

I’d be very happy, if Aptera could be bought with an additional seat for children. At least an Isofix system should be included to fix a children’s seat.

• Leonard Nowak

September 15, 2021 at 6:19 am

They said it could be something to revisit but in a later iteration of the Aptera

The “Aptera model” production start should allow them to move toward other > two seat configurations/vehicles.

• kerbe2705

September 15, 2021 at 8:07 am

According to US safety regulations, only “Group 0” infant carriers can be used with only an ISOFIX mount: All other child carriers must use BOTH seat belts and ISOFIX.

Although the storage deck will be lower in the beta prototype, there’s not a great deal of distance between the deck and the inner roof of the alphas, nor is there leg room between the seat backs and the deck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_safety_seat

• Jacob Barrett

November 23, 2021 at 9:08 pm

As opposed to an additional seat, is the passenger seat approved for child seats?

• John Malcom

November 23, 2021 at 9:24 pm

In the state of Florida a child below the age of 12 can not sit in the “Front” seats of a car. They must sit in the “Back” seats. Even if there was a third seat Between the current driver and passenger seat in an Aptera, a child under 12 could not sit in it.

• Curtis Cibinel

November 23, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Pretty sure that’s fairly standard (definitely is in Canada). Realistically it’s unlikely the current Aptera will have a 3rd seat option or any any way to legally use a child seat. Just not a family car; ideal as a sports car or for empty nesters. They have taken the current car amazingly far in the last 2 years. Any new coop (3 wheel) or larger (4 wheel) vehicle will probably be 2-3 years away.

• Llewellyn Evans

November 23, 2021 at 10:30 pm

Autocycle. Same rule?

• John Malcom

November 24, 2021 at 7:04 am

In Florida the autocycle designation has just been implemented so no child safety criteria specified. However, I don’t know any parent that would risk their child’s safety (Even in a safe Aptera) by putting them in a front seat simply because there is no back seat requirement for an autocycle.

• Jett Pesson

January 4, 2022 at 8:19 pm

Ive been following this car for a while. I would pre-order right now, if there was a child seat. It’s not practical being a father with a car that I can’t transport my daughter in. Please release a child seat model some day and you will have my business!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now