Comparing stages of development

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Comparing stages of development

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Comparing stages of development

• Comparing stages of development

• Paul Schultz

December 9, 2021 at 5:20 pm

For those who followed Aptera during the first go with the Aptera 2e about 10+ years ago I am curious as to how far along is the current product development compared to back then? Are we already farther along?

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

December 9, 2021 at 7:23 pm

Paul, I’m not sure if the comparison would be meaningful, more units had been built, but the thing that seemed to happen was that too much outside money with voting power came in , and that Chris and Steve were really no longer in control of the company, (Which, to me, accounts for their current financial course, which keeps them firmly in control of the project.) Once the original began to morph into a “More conventional” four wheeler with the new CEO, it seemed like a downward spiral began.

• Peter Jorgensen

December 10, 2021 at 7:41 am

The problem with the other Aptera company from 10 years ago is that they designed one car, then new people came in and decided to redesign it, and again and again so it kept going around in design hell instead of switching to production.

• Paul Schultz

December 11, 2021 at 5:34 am

Thanks for the responses. I am aware of the history of the original Aptera business venture. I strictly was curious how far along were they in the product development cycle of the Aptera 2e compared to the current Aptera.

• Bob Kirchner

December 11, 2021 at 6:01 am

I believe they had reached the point of crash testing, a point which they have not yet reached in their reincarnation.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now