Confirmed: Fully Charged Live San Diego in September

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Confirmed: Fully Charged Live San Diego in September

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Confirmed: Fully Charged Live San Diego in September

• Confirmed: Fully Charged Live San Diego in September

Carl Knapp Knapp updated 1 month ago 7 Members · 16 Posts
  • kerbe2705

July 5, 2022 at 9:17 am

Aptera will be participating in Fully Charged Live San Diego in September!

https://youtu.be/_llBauetc14

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 5, 2022 at 9:44 am

For those who don’t want to ramble through the 22 minute video, here’s a link to the only important thing (RE: Aptera) he says: https://fullycharged.live/us/

• Ray Holan

July 5, 2022 at 12:46 pm

Hi, Oz. Checked out the link you provided. It gets me to Fully Charged website and a 4 minute segment, but there’s nothing in that video about Aptera. Is there a specific link on their webpage you intended us to view?

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 5, 2022 at 12:57 pm

Not really, the main thread video is 22 minutes but basically says, “Aptera will be there”. The link I put in just takes you to the main page for the US portion of the tour and in the picture, indicates that “Aptera will be there” I assume they will update with further info, as well there are links to information and I assume further updates on finding and attending the tour.

• kerbe2705

July 5, 2022 at 9:19 pm

@Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz) It’s just nice to hear it said by a noted personality – and it’s all within the first three or four minutes of the video: No reason to scare folks off!

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

July 6, 2022 at 5:16 am

Not particularly trying to scare anyone off, but with so much being posted in so many locations nowadays, there are only so many hours to review things.

• Carl Knapp Knapp

July 5, 2022 at 7:30 pm

I see him say it at 2:22. Are there any confirmations from Aptera and what they plan to display?

• The Traveller

July 5, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Aptera has posted it on their Events page (it wasn’t there earlier today though). So it’s confirmed.

• Dennis Swaney

July 6, 2022 at 9:24 am

And even though I’m subscribed to the Events page for emails on upcoming events, I still haven’t received one email. Ditto for notifications of new posts to this forum, subscribed but no notifications.

• kerbe2705

July 5, 2022 at 9:21 pm

@Carl Knapp Knapp I was told that they hope to have a Gamma built in time but it’s safe to assume that the three Alphas will be on display.

• Dennis Swaney

July 6, 2022 at 9:25 am

I thought the Gamma was to be revealed later this month?

• kerbe2705

July 6, 2022 at 10:11 am

@Dennis Swaney I was told this about a week before the webinar. What we don’t know, yet, is if the Gamma promised for July will be a full rolling prototype or if it will be a static “design buck”.

I hope Aptera can produce a drivable Gamma – maybe even a few of them – because it’s time for the Alphas to be retired!

• Dennis Swaney

July 6, 2022 at 10:43 am

If it is just a “design buck”, then I doubt any actual production will start before the end of this year. It’ll then be Spring/Summer ’23 before any real world cars are delivered.

• George Hughes

July 5, 2022 at 9:34 pm

Are you folks missing the picturing of Aptera prominently in the top right corner of the static episode image and also at 1:58 … Admitted those advertising the event played the Rivian up first with the Tesla to the left, while Aptera is relegated to the right part of the image which includes presumably an electric bicycle; an electric motorcycle and at the top the Aptera.

I’d call it ‘third billing’ in terms of the vehicles featured.

To me, it shows a boost in confidence in Aptera by Electrify America and the Fully Charged show. I mean there are production Rivian’s and Tesla’s on the road. Of course the real payoff is will be when the event happens and the resulting videos’ and buzz are hyped.

And remember, there are several editions of the Fully Charged shows between now and September. You can imagine as the show promotes the event to its viewers over the summer, Aptera may even be a focus of some of the promotions.

Remember, a picture says a thousand words.

• The Traveller

July 6, 2022 at 6:08 am

I don’t think it was a point of it being missed (I noticed it immediately and I’m sure others did as well). I believe they just wanted confirmation since Aptera hadn’t made an official announcement of their participation yet. As I mentioned in my reply to Carl, this event wasn’t posted on the Aptera events page until after activity on this discussion thread started to pick up (I checked it as soon as I saw this post yesterday and it wasn’t there).

• Carl Knapp Knapp

July 6, 2022 at 11:56 pm

🔌I agree with The Traveller. One thing I just noticed in the bottom right photo image is my two GoCycle G4i EV folding bikes that will be at the show should fit in the trunk of the Aptera with room for luggage.🔌

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now