Current Valuation of Aptera ?.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Current Valuation of Aptera ?.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Current Valuation of Aptera ?.

• Current Valuation of Aptera ?.

• Srinu Takkallapalli

December 28, 2021 at 2:57 pm

I keep reading of posts saying ” $500 million “. Is that based on when the shares was priced at $3.30 ?

I actually went through the “Circular” and the percentages owned by different entities etc. As per the current share price of $8.80, the company valuation comes to a little over $1 billion.

So I am wondering if someone mentioned $500 million when the share price was $3.30 and it is being repeated even when the share price has been increased significantly !!

Or am I computing it wrong …..?

????

• G Johns

December 28, 2021 at 5:26 pm

WHO CARES! Not Important. But neither am I.

• Jon_J

December 28, 2021 at 5:59 pm

Hello Srinu –

No, the ~$500 million is based upon the current price of $8.80/share. This is per Chris Anthony’s statements in the August 2021 investor Q&A.

https://youtu.be/yIuv_igjfLI?t=665

If you go to the offering circular you can see the number of shares outstanding.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1786471/000110465921102955/tm2124741-1_253g2.htm

When I do the calculation: (54,275,588 + 10,949,636) shares x 8.80 / share = ~$574M

This is just my take on it. I could be doing it wrong.

• John Malcom

December 28, 2021 at 6:21 pm

The actual numbers will be in the 2021 SEC filing. We should see that early next year. The valuation of a private company includes things other than the stock price times the number of shares. (Used for publicly traded companies) All will be listed in the SEC filing.

If interested, you can look on the NACVA site, one of two prominent organizations that have a recognized process for valuing privately held companies. NACVA.com

Was at one time certified to do this work but became too much of struggle to maintain the credential. The other organization is the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. (AICPA)

Understanding the process will give you a greater appreciation for what Aptera management have done with the current instantiation of the company.

Very impressive!

For our purposes (Not preparing for going public) the 500Million is OK.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now