Aptera Delivery schedule (2)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Delivery schedule (2)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Delivery schedule (2)

• Aptera Delivery schedule (2)

Posted by john-young on March 16, 2023 at 5:52 pm

___________________________________ For older posts in this topic go to:

Aptera Delivery Schedule | Aptera Discussions | Aptera __________________________________

I have a Paradigm Launch Edition and up until today it said ‘Late 2023’ which I knew was mostly likely not going to happen and that’s just fine. It now says ‘2024’. Not early/summer/late/anything, just ‘2024’. This time though, I think it’s true!

jeff-anderson replied 1 week, 1 day ago 48 Members · 127 Replies
  • 127 Replies
  • Aptera Delivery schedule (2)

jeff-anderson updated 1 week, 1 day ago 48 Members · 127 Replies
  • Dr.D

March 16, 2023 at 6:18 pm

Yeah, I saw that change, too. 2024, like January or December. Or 2025…..

• greg-vickery

March 16, 2023 at 6:26 pm

I had the 600 mile battery reserved and it also said 2024. I changed it to the Launch edition and will see how many mile range is verified with the 400 mile battery and then decide to keep the Launch edition or change back to the 600 mile battery.

• wingsounds13

March 22, 2023 at 7:37 pm

I think I’ll wait too. My reservation is in the 31.000 range and I am waiting for a 600 mile version. I figure that’ll be about two years after production starts. Late 2025 at best… oh well.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  J.P. Morere.
  • UnidentifiedDrivingObject

March 25, 2023 at 12:29 pm

I didn’t notice the delivery change, until a few minutes ago 🙄. My non-LE Noir/400/FS (and just last night, I re-added the “SP” as openpilot) is now slated for 2024 (SoCal).

• bruce-ferjulian

June 20, 2023 at 11:05 am

Aptera Motors, Inc, was founded in 2005.

Just one question, has even one (1) vehicle been delivered to a customer in close to eighteen (18) years. I am on the list but not holding my breath.

• Biker

June 20, 2023 at 12:46 pm

No, but to clarify, the current Aptera Motors was founded in 2019.

• Waiting

July 12, 2023 at 8:19 am

I’m in line for the Launch Edition. I’m curious what others expect for their delivery times. I’m not a Accelerator, and don’t believe there’s any chance of getting a 2024 Aptera. If they don’t get the ATVM Government Loan, the chance of 2025 delivery falls to 5%. If they get the loan, then about a 30% chance in 2025.

• Biker

July 12, 2023 at 8:41 am

Guessing about delivery schedules has been going on for at least three years – until production starts and some production ramp is evident, any guess would do.

• Gozer

July 19, 2023 at 7:08 pm

As an Accelerator that resides 26 miles from Aptera, I expect to beta test my signature vehicle by this time next year.

Sandy Munro was asked a couple of months ago during Electrify Expo when we will see Apterae on the street, his immediate reply was “September”, no hesitation, full stop.

Watch and see if Aptera reveals Delta at Fully Charged Live in San Diego this October. They revealed Gamma at this event last year and was the star of the show.

Accelerator Program is sure to sell out, if it already hasn’t by then.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Glenn Langit.
  • Biker

July 20, 2023 at 10:15 am

In Aptera’s SEC filing today, there’s this:

Our estimated first deliveries on these pre-orders is Q2 of 2024 and by 2025 we anticipate producing 7,000 cars a year, and by 2026, we anticipate producing 20,000 cars a year, and therefore we anticipate that we should be able to fulfill the preorders in 2027.

• WesMan

August 4, 2023 at 3:29 pm

<div>From this latest YouTube interview. It’s looking like next summer will be the first sales of Aptera.
    </div>

https://tinyurl.com/asunz99

• ROMAD

August 5, 2023 at 10:47 am

CA mentioned in an interview at the Tesla event that they hope to be turning over the keys to the first delivery in maybe mid-2024.

Say that CA is correct and they start deliveries then, how long might it be for the 2000 Accelerator vehicles to be delivered? I’m guessing they’ll start slow at maybe about 10 per day and slowly ramp up so those should be delivered by the end of 2024 at the latest.

OK, next deliveries would probably be the Paradigm vehicles. I don’t remember how many of those were promised but the number 1500 sticks in my brain. Hopefully by January 2025, they’ll have production up enough so those orders could be delivered by the end of March 2025.

Next will be those who, like myself ordered, the Launch Edition but were not in the previous two groups. Would it be realistic to expect deliveries by the end of 2025? CA said they had over 44,000 pre-orders so I’m curious where I with #12172 stand.

• Biker

August 5, 2023 at 11:04 am

There were 220 Paradigm orders which would come after the Accelerator slots. Ambassadors were also promised early delivery slots. When anyone’s order may come depend on a lot of factors, including configuration and location (non-LE and outside of So CA would be later). Until production starts and some volume ramp is evident, any guess at delivery timing is as good as any.

• Mike-Mars

August 5, 2023 at 11:18 am

> … CA mentioned in an interview at the Tesla event that they hope to be turning over the keys to the first delivery in maybe mid-2024. …

That might still be dependent on production funding. I think things are still very speculative as regards delivery timings.

The 20th July SEC filings said this (which would be their best-case scenario regarding funding, no production hiccups, etc):

>Current Status

> The company continues to establish supplier relationships, refine design to improve efficiency and acquire production tooling and equipment.

> The company is currently accepting deposits for pre-orders of $100. These deposits are fully refundable. Our estimated first deliveries on these pre-orders is Q2 of 2024. To date, our cancellation rate on these preorders is under 5%. As of July 14, 2023, we have 43,000 preorders.

> Our estimated first deliveries on these pre-orders is Q2 of 2024 and by 2025 we anticipate producing 7,000 cars a year, and by 2026, we anticipate producing 20,000 cars a year, and therefore we anticipate that we should be able to fulfill the preorders in 2027. Our ability to achieve the figures above are conditioned on raising a significant amount of capital, closing a significant number of our preorders, availability of materials and goods necessary to produce the vehicles, availability of manufacturing facilities, and uninterrupted supply chains.

Assuming 1,000 in 2024, and then lets assume 7,000 in 2025, 20,000 in 2026 will happen as they hope.

More assumptions – lets say 2,000 accelerator orders, 45,000 pre-orders by the end of the next couple of months once the non-accredited investors are allowed back in

Additional assumptions – lets say 80% of accelerator investors proceed to a full vehicle purchase, and 30% of normal pre-orders do the same. Lets also assume that 90% of accelerator investors are in the USA or Canada, and 75% of normal pre-order customers.

So that gives 1,440 full orders for accelerator vehicles in the USA/Canada, and just over 10k initial full orders in the USA/Canada. Of those 10k, some will be LE, and some will be other configurations. Lets say 50% are LE (so 5K).

So a small handful of vehicles in Q3 2024, Q4 2024 will cover the majority of accelerator vehicles, with the remainder in Jan/Feb of 2025. USA people with LE pre-orders should get them during the remainder of 2025. The first non-LE configurations should start appearing Q4 2025, with the remainder in 2026. 2026 will probably also mark the first pre-order deliveries into other territories, and by then there should be a lot of non-pre-ordered orders too (once people start to see them around).

Above is complete speculation, and assuming everything goes perfectly (which never happens in real life).

• ROMAD

August 5, 2023 at 11:23 am

Mike, where do the Paradigm pre-orders fit, or were they done away with?

• Biker

August 5, 2023 at 12:40 pm

Paradigm orders are still there, right after the Accelerators. Like all orders, they are subject to configuration and location limits when it comes to their order (if a Paradigm customer is not willing to take a gray LE or go to the factory to pick it up, they’ll be waiting while).

• Mike-Mars

August 5, 2023 at 2:49 pm

So I think in order of delivery timing:

* Paradigm + Accelerator + LE = delivery order will be controlled by position in accelerator leaderboard, without regard to paradigm status

* Paradigm + LE = front of the limited edition pre-order queue (by territory)

* Paradigm + Accelerator + non-LE = at the front of the non-LE pre-order queue (by territory)

* Paradigm + non-LE = immediately after the paradigm + accelerator non LE (by territory)

• ron-day

September 8, 2023 at 6:17 pm

Not the best track record of predicting production readiness:

July 2020 Summer 2021 ~ 1 year 314 in 2021[32]
    December 2020 EOY 2021 ~ 1 year —
    January 2021 2022 ~ 1 year 4,000 – 6,000 in 2022 if COVID didn’t continue
    January 2022 late 2022 < 1 year Ramping to 250 per month then to 40 per day in 2023
    June 2022 end of 2022 6 months Ramping to full-scale production in 2023
    September 2022 early 2023 4 months Ramping to 10,000 units per year rate (40 per day) in 2023
    January 2023 2024 > 1 year “12 months after funding is secured”
    June 2023 2024 > 1 year “We are targeting to begin our earliest deliveries in 2024 and ramp production in 2025.”

At this point, it is hard to give any proposed timeline credibility, especially when there are still many caveats (money being the biggest one).

Lightyear got all the way to production before scrapping everything and starting over.

That said, I’ve bought a hundred shares that I can afford to lose and a reservation that I can wait a year or two for, but like a few of my other investments in this space, I’m hopeful but not holding my breath.

• BrunoGenovese

September 20, 2023 at 2:07 pm

I like what I see but I am not interested in buying a car and receiving it “someday”(TM).

I saw on reviews that production is supposed to begin in 2024. What is the anticipated production speed, and how much backlog is there?

In other words, if I were to place an order the day they start delivering cars, how long would it likely take to receive mine? At that point, I could happily wait for a month… but if it was 1-2 years I would definitely look at a different car. This would be my main car, not just a “toy”. Should I forget about buying an Aptera just because of likely slow production volumes?

• Biker

September 20, 2023 at 4:13 pm

It will likely be at least 2026 before the time between an order and delivery gets below 1-2 months.

• Biker

September 20, 2023 at 5:25 pm

This seems to be new:

• Greek

September 20, 2023 at 6:35 pm

“At that point, I could happily wait for a month… but if it was 1-2 years I would definitely look at a different car”.

If this car truly fits your needs…you also mentioned it will be your main car. I would wait until they are available to you. There really isn’t another vehicle that is close to in specs.

• BrunoGenovese

September 21, 2023 at 6:45 am

If my situation was different I would definitely wait for the car. I would probably even join the investor program.

But my main issue is that I don’t know exactly when I will need to buy “a” car, although I know it will be sometime in the next 6 months. But once I know the date… I will need to buy it within at most a couple weeks of that date as I’d be renting a car starting from that date and that gets prohibitive fast.

Taking that into consideration plus the fact that the very few other EVs in my target price range are all out of stock, it leaves me looking at the lowest priced but reliable and reasonable miles per gallon ICE that I am likely to be able to drive off the lot… the Nissan Versa. And once I have it, it will be easily a 10 year committment. I hate the idea of buying an ICE car at this time in history, but I can’t find any alternative. The US car market is just too messed up right now.

• Greek

February 28, 2024 at 12:24 pm

Couldn’t wait anymore…my BMW i3 Rex had a problem. My gas motor went inoperable and winter range without it is 50 miles or less. Instead of throwing money into something that my local dealers (not so knowledgeable with i3) to work on, I decided to purchase a 2020 Chevy bolt with 22k miles. It’s been a great car for almost 8 years…I normally keep my cars 5 years or less.

Now I am less of a rush for my APTERA, our third vehicle is a Honda fit which my son drives and will more than likely sell it when our 1st APTERA arrives. Since my 1st deposit on our APTERA we have had to purchase 2 other vehicles. God I hope my next one is the APTERA!

• TR7

September 25, 2023 at 10:01 pm

We can make all the calculations we want, but the reality is…The company has to come out and say the date to start the deliveries….until then all things said are rumors and speculations. I placed my reservation back in 2021 and I have seen the date moving to the right many times. Seriously, they need to start finally producing and delivering the car…The longer they wait…well let’s say…getting more funding will become extremely difficult since the financial market is beginning to deteriorate.

• Ray

October 5, 2023 at 7:12 pm

I felt rather deflated when I read, ” In 2024, we will have a clear timeline to provide all reservation holders.” Really?? Is that it?? I started to wonder if perhaps Aptera has been managing our expectations using the art of lowering expectations and then over delivering. Just another thing to speculate about!

• Mike-Mars

October 6, 2023 at 12:58 am

What else can they say before funding has been finalised?

To me it is a pretty clear statement that they expect to be fully funded in 2024. It’s also consistent with the statements in the financial filings regarding delivery timings.

• edward-matejowsky

October 7, 2023 at 5:50 pm

What isn’t clear to me is what happens with accelerators who aren’t local and/or don’t order LE.

Is there any/much reduction in wait time? I’m not in the US (Oz) and don’t really want LE.

I prefer a rear window but happy with 400mi battery etc. I currently have off-the road kit ticked but that may change after reviews.

Positive reviews of the digital rear-view (by seniors at night) might encourage me to take LE.
    An option to put the rear-view on the main screen could also do it.

I’m not sure I can wait 3 or 4 years, there will be lots of choice by then.

I’ll be hit hard by delivery and exchange rates. EV incentives here may also be gone by then.

• Kamakiri

October 7, 2023 at 6:32 pm

For the longer range packs with the currently not in production longer cells, the possibility of earlier than 2026 was communicated. Conversely, I take that to mean 2026 to be likely per the current plan for at least one of the longer range packs.

• Shawgrin

October 8, 2023 at 1:03 pm

Aptera may be sand bagging and waiting through “a hurry up and wait stage” at the moment. I was glad to hear they are building 16 “pi” vehicles and I suspect we will be hearing about the results in the next 3-4 months.

• Kamakiri

October 8, 2023 at 2:59 pm

Chris Anthony just clarified an estimated production start of, “Summer…maybe late Summer” in an interview video with My Tesla Weekend, released earlier today 10/8/23. This is very consistent with all official statements for the past two to three months.

• gregory-annett

October 11, 2023 at 4:41 pm

I’m in Australia too, and taking the long-term approach. I am trying to get as many referrals as possible to reduce the cost of the Aptera, and I will even wait until Aptera establishes a factory in Australia, which Chris Anthony has said is on the cards. That way, no shipping cost, I will go and pick it up from the factory myself if necessary. As long as they don’t ban petrol vehicles in Australia in the meantime I will keep driving my trusty Toyota until an Aptera is available that I can afford. EV’s in general are out of my price bracket, but I see an opportunity here to get the ultimate EV for a reasonable price, so that’s what I am hanging out for.

Page 1 of 3

or to reply.