Does anyone know the length of the cargo area?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Does anyone know the length of the cargo area?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Does anyone know the length of the cargo area?

• Does anyone know the length of the cargo area?

Tom Shafer updated 3 months, 1 week ago 8 Members · 12 Posts
  • Joseph DelVecchio

September 18, 2021 at 1:50 pm

I find the auto industry’s infatuation with square feet of cargo space frustrating.

• EVservices .us

September 18, 2021 at 2:22 pm

It’s cubic ft of cargo and it is what it is. Even if you got the length, you ability to fit a certain item will still likely depend on actually trying it.

• Joseph DelVecchio

September 18, 2021 at 4:22 pm

Oops. Meant cubic feet:) I guess I’m asking because I’m curious if I can use the camping feature since I’m fairly tall.

• kerbe2705

September 18, 2021 at 2:32 pm

As Gabe said, they’ve told us the amount of cargo space in cubic feet but remember – the beta prototypes will have more than the alphas because the cargo floor will be lower.

Someone in the old Forum posted a guess at the dimensions that seemed pretty likely…

• Joseph DelVecchio

September 18, 2021 at 4:22 pm

Thank you:)

• William Beal

March 29, 2022 at 4:46 pm

I wish I’d been more active in the old forum. I’d love to have seen those dimensions. Been trying to work them out and nothing quit seems to fit the visual with the reported cubic footage,

• Raj Giandeep

September 18, 2021 at 4:59 pm

I’m curious to get new figures on the trunk width & height. curious if I can fit my gong in there for taking to class. It’s a 38″circle

• Curtis Cibinel

March 29, 2022 at 2:17 pm

Given that people can sleep in the exterior area I would think it would fit easily. that is only 3.5 feet. Look at the video of a guy putting a bike in.

• M. Cameron O’Dell

March 29, 2022 at 1:02 pm

I would really like to see an official cargo area lengthxwidthxheight answer soon

• Curtis Cibinel

March 29, 2022 at 2:36 pm

That would be awesome info but is not something most companies would provide especially before production. The following are based on the stated specs scaled to the Tesla model 3 against the alpha STL (beta differences are minimal). Based on the vehicle dimensions it looks like the storage area should be 50-56 inches wide on the interior. The area is essentially a wedge. I hope the passenger seat has fold flat but I doubt it. When all the way forward it might be at a 30-45 degree angle as most passenger cars.

Important: These images have perspective but I tried to center the overhead camera as much as possible. 3d builder does not support isometric view.

Aptera solar EV

Length 4,369 mm (172 in)

Width 2,235 mm (88 in)

Height 1,448 mm (57 in)

• William Beal

March 29, 2022 at 3:53 pm

Having seen someone lay down in it who’s 5’7″ I’d guestimate that is’t about 5’9″ or maybe 5’10”.

I’m trying to work out the overall shape of that cargo space, but haven’t done so yet.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now