Dog Safety and Convenience

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Dog Safety and Convenience

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Dog Safety and Convenience

• Dog Safety and Convenience

Joshua Caldwell updated 5 months ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • Ryan Foy

June 29, 2022 at 9:23 am

So I recently just got into the program and I drive around with these two all the time. They are medium sized dogs and do leave hair. I do have the pet addition but I don’t know if it accommodates two animals or not. As well as I have delt with carpet in my main driver right now and it’s hard to remove hair so I make sure to have a mat down at most times.

Does this support more then one animal?

Also is there a solution for making it easier to clean?

• Len Nowak

June 29, 2022 at 11:15 am

Beautiful dogs!

Best to write to info@aptera.us

They never gave that detail, to my knowledge

You know that the total payload inside was once stated at 500#

Ideally NMT 200 in cargo area

This may have improved with the latest Suspension.

I have a 75# Doberman so I plan to use an aftermarket slip in Cargo cover

• Ryan Foy

June 29, 2022 at 12:58 pm

Thanks! I will do that and see if I get an update. They are around 40ish pounds each so it’s not to bad.

• Curtis Cibinel

June 29, 2022 at 11:26 am

I hope we have clip points on the floor of the back (also super useful with 5G water jugs). For dogs this would be important so they dont move around freely in an accident. The space should definitely be enough for 2 dogs and the weight should be fine but I would want to actually secure them with a short leash and a harness for safety. This is similar to the back seat with the seatbelt clip in a normal vehicle.

Depending how much thought is given I might consider adding the pet kit but just a net is not a good solution anyway.

• Joshua Caldwell

June 30, 2022 at 6:12 am

For the first question, I would assume yes, it probably just puts a barrier net between the trunk and the passenger area. I don’t know if that is what they actually chose to do, but that’s what I’ve seen used in other vehicles, that or a metal mesh. Either way, the dogs probably have the full trunk space to roam around in.

For the second question, google “Uproot Cleaner Pro” which after a few minutes of use made my cat tree (aside from the scratching posts… which of course get scratched) look brand new by removing years of fur accumulation.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now